Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m placing my order now for warmer temperatures in 2 weeks. 

I'll see what I can do.

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My father-in-law (go rest his soul)  & his sons were big deer hunters.  It wouldn't be unusual for them to drive with a deer strapped to the car, then hanging in the garage while waiting for the butcher to do his thing.

My mother-in-law (god rest her soul)  never got the hang of cooking deer meat. "Gamey" was the word to describe a many a dinner.

This was all before my time.

Micheline's family were all big deer hunters.  They had 100 acres in the middle of nowhere that was prime deer hunting ground.  My MIL (god rest her soul) made really good venison spiedies.  It must have been the marinade and high heat cooking that made the meat tender.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I do know that Royal blocks some public VPNs, but you would be using your corporate so that should have not caused such an issue. It's a bummer they could not resolve this.

Have a safe rest of the cruise. Go bar hopping, have a Miami Vice and French Caribbean and an extra lobster for me! I am sure Eric will sleep better tonight and there is nothing worth more that peace of mind.

I'm not sure, all I know is we never had this VPN issue before.  We have contact info for IT person in Miami and will ask them before our end february and march cruises.

Yes, Eric did sleep like a baby last night and woke up in a much better mood.

We also received a letter in our door last night they will be refunding our money for the internet pkg we purchased.  I wasnt expecting that, nor did we ask for that as I dont blame any of this on Royal.  I know our computer systems have very tight security since we have personal info for thousands of homeowners across the US.

All good, it is what it is!

We will have plenty of other sailings.

20220119_073125.thumb.jpg.433edea056140373d5761839556cd515.jpg

This morning is beautiful, seas much calmer than last night.  Just had eggs Benedict with spinach and salmon in WJ.

• Like 14

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just put them on an ignore list for now. When you get back you can show them all the fun and warm weather you had. 😆

I haven’t forgotten you and the show schedule request. I should get some cruise compass pictures up tomorrow along with some other ones.

A few years back one lady came on here and bragged her husband had 12 of them. She got a lot of flack for it. Anyone else remember that?

I also remember a lady who said her teen son had a very large number as well, it was something like 20 or 22. She got a lot of clack as well.  I don’t remember which cruise line as I used to read the boards of all the cruise lines then.

Now I just hangout on Dani’s and Bella’s thread unless someone mentions a juicy conversation on another one.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

See this about Weekly in my Yard. One was Looking in my Window last month, quite a shock seeing those 2 eyes looking at me 5ft from where I was laying in bed. Get good pics and send to my Grand Daughters, at times think they want come see them more then me. They think it's like a Petting Zoo where you can walk up to them... 

Must have been kind of like this?

20210511_122358.jpg

20210511_124114.jpg

20210511_131051.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

How do you use it?  Do you mix it with something or drink it straight.  

I was going to say straight but it is really sweet and strong.  I will try a little vodka like OB suggested next time.

28 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I also remember a lady who said her teen son had a very large number as well, it was something like 20 or 22. She got a lot of clack as well.  I don’t remember which cruise line as I used to read the boards of all the cruise lines then.

Now I just hangout on Dani’s and Bella’s thread unless someone mentions a juicy conversation on another one.

I strayed out on the boards and ended up in the Bee's nest.  My head was spinning trying to decipher the meaning of those posts.

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Must have been kind of like this?

20210511_122358.jpg

20210511_124114.jpg

20210511_131051.jpg

I haven't been to a petting zoo in about 45 years.  What are these creatures?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I haven't been to a petting zoo in about 45 years.  What are these creatures?

The ones sticking their heads way into my truck were Llamas and the others were different types of deer.

https://www.virginiasafaripark.com/

It's located about 95 miles from were we live, hour and half drive.

20210511_143543.jpg

20210511_143504.jpg

20210511_143856.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

47°F and sunny here today.

We had a walk at the beach this morning.

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Graham

A winter walk on or at the beach is always special!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Holy cow! How in the world can a stomach even hold that many? 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just mix with a bit of vodka to cut the sweetness then just sip it. I really like the lemon taste.

Melting ice also helps to cut the sweetness and it’s not as strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheal said:

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

All of her threads have been a head spinning soap opera.    I think she loves the attention.

I was reading that one occasionally for the entertainment value but can’t seem to find the thread now.  
Is it just me or did her posts seem even wackier than usual?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I was reading that one occasionally for the entertainment value but can’t seem to find the thread now.  
Is it just me or did her posts seem even wackier than usual?

I thought they were quite typical for her.

• Like 1