Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Shelby just pasted her kidney stone that has been giving her pain off and on the last few weeks!  So thankful.  That is the second in 2 months.  Praying she can avoid another 

Poor Shelby!  Good to hear that she finally passed her kidney stone, and hope that she will forego any more stones in her future!!!!🙏

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 39°F and raining.

Congratulations to Her Majesty the Queen on her (70th) Platinum Jubilee.

Wishing everyone a nice day.

Graham.

Congratulations to Her Majesty the Queen!!!!

7 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Echo your congratulations to Her Majesty don’t think we’ll ever see her like again.

I agree!!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wish that some of her family took their position in the family as seriously as she does. It is fortunate that Charles and William will follow her. I think they will both, especially William, be very good successors and do well for England.

I also believe that both Charles and William will be successful as England's leaders.

1 hour ago, ATG said:

And I think Kate is one of the best things that has happened.  She is lovely and seems so warm and caring.

Kate is awesome!!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 39°F and raining.

Congratulations to Her Majesty the Queen on her (70th) Platinum Jubilee.

Wishing everyone a nice day.

Graham.

Amazing longevity for a much beloved Queen.  I echo congratulations to Her Majesky the Queen.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bonnie - I don't know if this applies to you, but I need to make an adjustment to the touchpad for just about any laptop that I use.  By default, you can perform a mouse click by tapping the touchpad.  If I raise my finger and then put it back down on the touchpad again when moving the cursor across the screen, the computer often thinks that I'm tapping when I put my finger back on the touchpad.  It can cause strange things to happen on the screen.  I always go into the Control Panel and find the hardware settings.  Within the Hardware area, you should see setting for the touchpad, where you can disable this functionality.  I'm not using a laptop now so I don't know exactly what the setting is called, but it may be something like tap to click.  This assumes that you have another physical button someplace that you can press for a mouse click to happen.

I had a somewhat similar experience, although not as bad and not with a 6 year old kid.  I was on a business trip, checked in, and entered my room.  There was a guy on the bed in his underwear watching TV.  I don't know who was more surprised.  The hotel upgraded me when I went back to the front desk.

Thank you for the info.  Much appreciated.  Settings only has the option that allows me to change touchpad sensitivity.  No option to disarm entirely that I could find.  No worries since all that crazy clicking disappeared once I plugged in a new mouse.

When you have a mouse plugged into a laptop does it take over touchpad function?  Seems like it does on mine??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

When you have a mouse plugged into a laptop does it take over touchpad function?  Seems like it does on mine??

It did not on my last laptop, but that probably varies from one model laptop to another.  It might even be an adjustable setting, although I can't recall seeing that setting anywhere.  It would either be under the mouse or the touchpad settings if it is an option.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh my,   I imagine your Daughter had lots of questions after seeing that.     Does she still remember it to this day?    

She does and we laugh!  At that time she looked stunned but didn't ask questions.

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Poor Shelby!  Good to hear that she finally passed her kidney stone, and hope that she will forego any more stones in her future!!!!🙏

Congratulations to Her Majesty the Queen!!!!

I agree!!

I also believe that both Charles and William will be successful as England's leaders.

Kate is awesome!!!!

Yes, Kate is the essence of beauty, dignity and grace.

• Like 4

Thank you for all your lovely messages about our Queen. What I find fascinating is she has dealt with and had weekly audiences with 14 Prime Minsters and been kept up to date  with affairs of state for 70 years.  She must know all the secrets 😀

This is a lovely photo of her with one of the famous Red Dispatch  Box's which constantly briefs her on what's happening 

BBC News - Prince Charles leads Jubilee tributes to 'remarkable' Queen
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60279585

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 8

My computer issue is thankfully settled.  Now I have lab work issues.

I made an appointment for lab work, received an email the next day that it was canceled due to building maintenance.  OK, that is reasonable.  So, I made another appointment for a week later.  Received an email the next day with the same canceled info.  I wish someone would update their appointment schedule page to delete the days the office will be closed.

I made a 3rd appointment at a different location.  Hope this one sticks.

I loved the days, actually not too long ago, when I was able to have lab work done in my doctor's office.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My computer issue is thankfully settled.  Now I have lab work issues.

I made an appointment for lab work, received an email the next day that it was canceled due to building maintenance.  OK, that is reasonable.  So, I made another appointment for a week later.  Received an email the next day with the same canceled info.  I wish someone would update their appointment schedule page to delete the days the office will be closed.

I made a 3rd appointment at a different location.  Hope this one sticks.

I loved the days, actually not too long ago, when I was able to have lab work done in my doctor's office.

My main doctor does lab work which I like , then he can send info to my other doctors, will have appointment with the other doctors by phone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you for the info.  Much appreciated.  Settings only has the option that allows me to change touchpad sensitivity.  No option to disarm entirely that I could find.  No worries since all that crazy clicking disappeared once I plugged in a new mouse.

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

It did not on my last laptop, but that probably varies from one model laptop to another.  It might even be an adjustable setting, although I can't recall seeing that setting anywhere.  It would either be under the mouse or the touchpad settings if it is an option.

@BonTexasNY

Just in case you have not found it, the touch-pad can be shut-off  or turned back on. Go to Settings ---> Devices and should see a similar screen as below.

I could never get used to the touch pad so I always use a mouse. Until I figured out how to shut the touch pad off - since it didn't automatically shut-off when connecting the mouse since I never noticed the little checkbox - I can't tell you how many times I accidentally sent an half-written e-mail when my hand causally brushed against the touch-pad😒

Touchpad.png

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Shelby just pasted her kidney stone that has been giving her pain off and on the last few weeks!  So thankful.  That is the second in 2 months.  Praying she can avoid another 

That’s good to hear. Hopefully she doesn’t have anymore.

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Is anyone else doing the daily wordle game online ? Today I got it in 4 !

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

I’ve been playing and the best I got it in was 3. Usually it’s in 4 or 5 and one time a 6.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, George C said:

My main doctor does lab work which I like , then he can send info to my other doctors, will have appointment with the other doctors by phone.

My main doctor works for one of those large, regional medical organizations that employ several hundred doctors in 3 dozen different specialties  across 3 dozen office locations. I like it because it's one stop shopping for all my medical needs with my medical history in one place. No need to fill out forms or insurance info every time I visit.  They even have several "Urgent Care" locations for impromptu issues & again, they have full access to my medical history and can update it so my main doctor will know next time I visit him.

The location my doctor works out of also has a lab and radiology unit on-site. A few times in the past, he'd sent me "downstairs" to get an impromptu x-ray or blood work and told me to grab lunch & come back in an hour to get the results or he'd call me later that night if the results took longer to process. Despite working for such a large "corporate" organization, he never lost that personal, family doctor touch. 

Best of both worlds. I shudder to think  when he retires.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm with you Andrew, guess I haven't been keeping up what is going on with this thread lately.

But keep posting @lenquixote66 Always enjoy reading your posts. You are our NY connection. 🙂

Thank you.I have Virginia connections.One of my son in laws is a graduate of UVA.His mother still lives in VA.I have a niece by marriage who grew up in VA and graduated VA.Tech.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I enjoyed watching this show and will definitely watch the new seasons when they come out.  But John Krasinski never quite felt right to play the Ryan part.  Maybe I watched too much of The Office.

I am wearing my Dunder Mifflin tee shirt today.The only other actor who played Ryan that I saw was Harrison Ford.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

A beautiful fur baby and that face priceless.

I really enjoyed Jack Ryan. Looking forward to watching Reacher.

Oh I feel bad for her. I had one and it was the worst pain I have ever had. She will be in my thoughts. Hang in there.

I did not know that. Very interesting thank you.

Tic Tic Boom is great. I agree  Nicole Kidman's portrayal of Lucy was excellent. I really like Power of the Dog. Never saw that ending coming. WOW!

I am looking forward to the Oscar nominations announcement on Tuesday morning.Maggie Gyllenhaal has been somewhat overlooked by the other organizations that make nominations.

Sometime tomorrow I hope to speak to my SAG friend and get his opinions.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

My main doctor works for one of those large, regional medical organizations that employ several hundred doctors in 3 dozen different specialties  across 3 dozen office locations. I like it because it's one stop shopping for all my medical needs with my medical history in one place. No need to fill out forms or insurance info every time I visit.  They even have several "Urgent Care" locations for impromptu issues & again, they have full access to my medical history and can update it so my main doctor will know next time I visit him.

The location my doctor works out of also has a lab and radiology unit on-site. A few times in the past, he'd sent me "downstairs" to get an impromptu x-ray or blood work and told me to grab lunch & come back in an hour to get the results or he'd call me later that night if the results took longer to process. Despite working for such a large "corporate" organization, he never lost that personal, family doctor touch. 

Best of both worlds. I shudder to think  when he retires.

I had a great primary care doctor.He was in a car accident 4 years ago and sustained injuries to the degree that he had to retire at age 49.I have a new doctor but not comparable at all

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Maggie Gyllenhaal has been somewhat overlooked by the other organizations that make nominations.

Totally agree. I think she is amazing. Still can't believe she had the guts to be nude in "The Deuce."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Proof of at least 2 vaccines and ideally the booster too is required to avoid PCR in most of Europe.

If you don't have 2 vaccines it is complicated.

If you’re flying out of the US to Europe you must show proof of a PCR test before you can board the first leg of your flight. It’s required even if you are triple vaxxed. 
The requirement could have just changed if the foreign destinations no longer require testing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@BonTexasNY

Just in case you have not found it, the touch-pad can be shut-off  or turned back on. Go to Settings ---> Devices and should see a similar screen as below.

I could never get used to the touch pad so I always use a mouse. Until I figured out how to shut the touch pad off - since it didn't automatically shut-off when connecting the mouse since I never noticed the little checkbox - I can't tell you how many times I accidentally sent an half-written e-mail when my hand causally brushed against the touch-pad😒

Touchpad.png

Thanks for trying to help.  When I click Devices, then touchpad, all I get is the small section you have starting with "Taps" and ending with "touchpad sensitivity".  Nothing else,   As long as things are working well now, I'm ok.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

If you’re flying out of the US to Europe you must show proof of a PCR test before you can board the first leg of your flight. It’s required even if you are triple vaxxed. 
The requirement could have just changed if the foreign destinations no longer require testing. 

Traveling to the UK a PCR is not required or 2 day lateral flow test for fully vaccinated from March 11th.

From the UK to Spain last November only our proof through NHS bar codes of full vaccination was required.

Only non double vaccinated need PCR and proof of negative lateral flow tests before travel.

Travel to Europe and also to travel back to the UK we need to fill in a PLF passenger locator form 2 days before travel.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for trying to help.  When I click Devices, then touchpad, all I get is the small section you have starting with "Taps" and ending with "touchpad sensitivity".  Nothing else,   As long as things are working well now, I'm ok.

I just checked this out on my laptop as I am not a touchpad lover either.  I do not have the ability to disable mine either, it only shows sensitivity as you are seeing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My doctor in Cincinnati had lab work done in her office.  Very convenient.  I had my first appointment with a new doctor here and was disappointed to find out that I needed to go elsewhere for lab work.  However, I went to LabCorp which was directly on the road that I take to go from my house to the doctor's office, and it took about 5 minutes.  The have a very efficient, automated check in process that get's your ID from a driver's license and then scan's both sides of your health insurance card.  Not nearly the hassle that I thought it would be.  It would actually take longer at my old doctor's office.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am wearing my Dunder Mifflin tee shirt today.The only other actor who played Ryan that I saw was Harrison Ford.

I liked Harrison Ford best in the role, but Alec Baldwin was really good in The Hunt for Red October.  Great movie if you haven't seen it.  Sean Connery is also great in that movie.  You piqued my interest, so I looked it up and was surprised to see that Ben Affleck and Chris Pine also played Jack Ryan.  I remember their movies now that I've seen them listed but didn't before looking it up.  

• Like 2