Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Final stop was North Fork visitors centre & cafe.  Sadly, the info centre is closed due to Covid.  Had a delicious lunch outdoors at the cafe with views over the harbour & city.  Then walked all the way back to our car and thankfully the heavens didn’t finally open we were on our way home.

0AD83D25-E72B-42D7-B590-3DFCC6773E20.jpeg

4274FD19-EAB4-4D5D-A478-8386870C9531.jpeg

• Like 6

22 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Susan wanted me to use those skin softening filters to smooth out any wrinkles. I just said “what wrinkles?”, because I value my life 😂😂

The problem with us booking that last minute cruise, is that check in had already been open for a week. We ended up with a 12:30 boarding time.  

LOL! on "what wrinkles"!!!!!😆

Maybe we are in the minority but we prefer to pick a check in time between 1 and 1.30 or 2. No lines, no kinks to be smoothed out , rooms are ready so no waiting, we like that!
Many times the uploads do not work for us either, but we just take printouts of all paperwork and get it done at the port.

Princess App is the worst!!!!!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, George C said:

I would like to try Virgin since it is adults only, last time I checked it was just doing shorter cruises less than 7 days . Our music charter next week on Celebrity is also adults only.

I would like to try them too. Till then I wouldn't know what to say.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

How do you use the ones from before? When we check in we have to take a new picture or skip it and have it done at the port.

I have a folder saved on my laptop and upload the pics from there.

So, we don't go out on Valentines and the weather is supposed to be nice today, but I know the wineries will be crazy packed.   So, we're going to the movies and out to eat this afternoon.  I offered up Death on the Nile and Marry Me and DH picked Marry Me lol so that's what we're seeing.  He's always willing to go to romcom's with me.  And, I've always gone to Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel and DC movies with him and our boys.

Edited by BND
  • Like 8

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

As Dorthy said “There’s no place like home,” and that’s really true for me today.

4037A8E9-4707-4F00-A6EA-A28B25640F42.thumb.jpeg.d908571a39ba19e2d4fd68af9babb1db.jpeg

I was really tired and sore after my morning PT, so after Linda got me settled in on the couch and hooked up to my cold therapy machine, I was ready for nap with the puppies who gave me  lots of kisses. Then Lizzy snuggled next to my face.

30964C8B-297F-4445-B972-665A11FE6040.thumb.jpeg.2e3c48fb6acb38694446d906aeb26950.jpeg

Charlie made a good decision and laid on the other side of my good leg.

BDEFF4CE-12A4-435F-9CBB-DDCFCB0FF51D.thumb.jpeg.14281c586ab3b816475b9fbf8e8bab23.jpeg

Thanks to the pill Tramadol we snoozed.and snoozed. Great to be home. Thanks to everyone for their care and well wishes.

6BC8C288-E7A2-4456-AE41-4038BC900541.thumb.jpeg.737ea8b1b914c7bf1c5985378acc8c2e.jpeg

Welcome home Sea Dog!  It's always amazing to me how dogs can sense when someone isn't feeling well and adjust accordingly.  Rest up.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, we are in AC.  Waved to LBI on our way in.  Told Charlie we will be there in June!!!

Yes, we have to figure out when we can all get together in LBI.   Today should be decent weather in AC to pop out to boardwalk and see the ocean.  Have fun and Good Luck🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Final stop was North Fork visitors centre & cafe.  Sadly, the info centre is closed due to Covid.  Had a delicious lunch outdoors at the cafe with views over the harbour & city.  Then walked all the way back to our car and thankfully the heavens didn’t finally open we were on our way home.

You have some fantastic walks near you.  Wow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

LOL! on "what wrinkles"!!!!!😆

Maybe we are in the minority but we prefer to pick a check in time between 1 and 1.30 or 2. No lines, no kinks to be smoothed out , rooms are ready so no waiting, we like that!
Many times the uploads do not work for us either, but we just take printouts of all paperwork and get it done at the port.

Princess App is the worst!!!!!

We have been picking 1230 or 1 pm for our check ins.  Same as you we prefer to walk on ship and go to our cabin then do muster check in and grab a bite to eat.   Then get a cocktail and settle in to our happy place.

• Like 5

Since we are quoting book passages, I came across this one while reading Jonathan Kellerman’s new book, “City of the Dead”. 

Since this phrase has been used a few times here, it made me go Hmmmm!

59852C6D-C02F-4BAF-BA5E-D9A7CA40FD69.thumb.jpeg.bd3dda3bf4d75a945e8118be784881b6.jpeg

😂😂

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

@Sea Dog

I think you already know by now, that nothing in life came easy.

This too can be a challenge.

But, knowing you, you will conquer it.

By building up your stamina and endurance you will be able to enjoy your life, family and fur babies for years to come.

And to think when your therapy is done you can chill on the couch and nap.

So as you  moan and groan, think, cruise, cruise, cruise cruise...............................

Take care

• Like 9

12 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, we are in AC.  Waved to LBI on our way in.  Told Charlie we will be there in June!!!

Yes, we have to figure out when we can all get together in LBI.   Today should be decent weather in AC to pop out to boardwalk and see the ocean.  Have fun and Good Luck🤩

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Every day will be a little better. Remember before how every day was a little worse???

main thing is to get on good pain schedule. I wasn’t going to take the Oxycodone but I had to last night. I just took a Tramadol and will probably take another oxy before therapy. Right now leg is so tight I can’t move it as well as I did yesterday with the Toradol.

31 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

I think you already know by now, that nothing in life came easy.

This too can be a challenge.

But, knowing you, you will conquer it.

By building up your stamina and endurance you will be able to enjoy your life, family and fur babies for years to come.

And to think when your therapy is done you can chill on the couch and nap.

So as you  moan and groan, think, cruise, cruise, cruise cruise...............................

Take care

Thank you for the  inspiration  I knew this day would be a tough one. Just got to soldier one.

• Like 7

This weekend I am going to put together leases for our summer renters.  We decided to keep rent the same but next year will increase since we havent changed for a couple years now.  We are so happy to have our happy renters return year after year and want to keep it that way.  

Definitely no can opener lady!!  If we end up with a last minute cancellation instead of posting ad online like we did last year when she showed up we will just let friends or family stay there.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

main thing is to get on good pain schedule. I wasn’t going to take the Oxycodone but I had to last night. I just took a Tramadol and will probably take another oxy before therapy. Right now leg is so tight I can’t move it as well as I did yesterday with the Toradol.

Don't worry about the oxy (yet).  Stay ahead of the pain!

• Like 6

19 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Our son works for them, in the corporate office. Of course he loves them but we haven't had the chance to cruise with them. 

Rick and another friend of mine have cruised with them a few times. They like the experience. 

19 hours ago, George C said:

I would like to try Virgin since it is adults only, last time I checked it was just doing shorter cruises less than 7 days . Our music charter next week on Celebrity is also adults only.

I’d be more interested if sailings were more than 5 days. Hopefully in the future they will offer 7 days. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have been picking 1230 or 1 pm for our check ins.  Same as you we prefer to walk on ship and go to our cabin then do muster check in and grab a bite to eat.   Then get a cocktail and settle in to our happy place.

We have a 11:30 checkin next week, one of the perks of a suite is you really don’t need to follow the time they give you. We like to get a pre lunch drink in suite lounge before going for lunch.

Edited by George C
  • Like 4