Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Last of my photos.  Please let me know @dani negreanu if I am posting too many photos in your thread.

8 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Aussie

Your pictures are absolutely stunning.

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Beautiful pictures. Keep them coming.

44 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I love all of the pictures that you are posting.  It makes me want to go to Sydney even more.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

+1. @aussielozzie18 I am enjoying your beautiful photos too!!

+5 

No such thing as "too many beautiful photos on 'my' thread". And the "people" have spoken...

If I may suggest, I, for example, will enjoy them even more if you could put a space between them, thanks 💐

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

9 hours ago, George C said:

By far my favorite port to sail from and to return to is NYC , remember staying awake all night on my return to see New York skyline and also Statue of Liberty. Miss the days when I could just take a taxi to the ship . Great pictures.

You don't have to talk me into it!  We sailed out of NYC 3 times.  Once we sailed a few months after 9/11.  As we passed the site of where the twin towers once stood, a hush fell over the crowd.  A coast guard boat was very close to us and we started to clap in appreciation of their service.  I will never forget it.

Have smooth sails on your cruise.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Well, they didn't just come randomly. You had to have ordered them. It is not the government's fault that they sat in your mailbox. :classic_rolleyes:

OK….   Don’t remember telling them to send them in the winter.  That was all their genius idea.  My wife just ordered them.  They control shipping them.  I shake my head at the waste of money and resources. 

But hey if they ruin a million or two test kits, what does it matter in the scheme of things.  It is just money, they don’t have, but they do have the ability to print more!  So, it will all work out perfectly in the end!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Glorious sunny 28C day in Sydney today.  We made the most of it.  Son & friend did The Grand Canyon Track at Blackheath in the Blue Mountains.

9A31A306-3CC2-44FA-863B-AD985FAD3554.jpeg

2DB16D14-64DE-462C-A9EB-821BBFD4F5EF.jpeg

FB6EC938-0F1A-492D-B8EF-3E2512B49B20.jpeg

BF1DB012-BD73-4880-A3C3-495D8C11B7C1.jpeg

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

The earlier bird photo is a Crimson Rosella.  Here are a couple more he took this morning. Last of my photos.  Please let me know @dani negreanu if I am posting too many photos in your thread.

1CAAB85C-3F17-4462-8ABB-3CB62B1CCB04.jpeg

5F544929-60B0-4802-B12D-2296B2F32B60.jpeg

I can’t speak for Dani, or anyone else, but I’m loving them! 
Sydney is wonderful.
We stayed in, I think back then it was an Omni hotel. 
It was built incorporating the old Treasury building. 

One thing I loved about Sydney and Melbourne was the appreciation for the old buildings. At ground level I would be looking at the old buildings’ facades, while the new buildings rose up behind them. 
Here in Jacksonville, our oldest buildings were turned into rubble without a thought. 
Your daily walks must keep a smile on your face!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

We got our government cheese today.  It was 20 degrees and they were in the mailbox for 6 hours.  I am thinking, that they are bad, since they are not supposed to freeze.  Another successful day for the government!!!!  They are so awesome, and do so much for all of us.  😇

We just got ours too.  It only took them 6 times as long, from order to delivery, as it did for the ones we ordered from Optum.  

58 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Well that's cool. I never got a block for booking a cruise onboard LOL

No, that just means I would hit the point tier for the next block on that cruise that I would book.

Of course, that assumes none of the ones I have booked already gets canceled.  

Maybe I can ask if they could give me some blocks for booking onboard. 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here in PA.  I woke up around 5 am as it sounded like a freight train and I thought a tornado was here.   Both my cats were spooked by  banging noises from living room area.  I looked out front window and discovered our front storm door blew off its hinge and was banging against the wall.   After a couple attempts I was able to grab the door to close it.

Eric slept through.

Now that he is awake he discovered part of the door frame is torn away with a big gap.  Time to call an expert.

Thankful the glass didnt break.

Rain stopped but wind gusts are up to 50 mph

Wow that had to be scary. Sounds like some pretty strong wind to blow that door off it’s hinges. I’m glad there was no further damage.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

We just got ours too.  It only took them 6 times as long, from order to delivery, as it did for the ones we ordered from Optum.  

I finally got the email saying they are shipping and should be here by Tuesday.  People who I know that ordered them days after I did actually received them in less than a week.  I ordered the day of the soft opening of the website.  

• Like 3

After finishing the latest Jonathan Kellerman book, I picked up the new Robert B Parker book “Bye Bye Baby”.  It was a really quick read for me, and I finished it in less than 3 days. 

Ace Atkins has done really good at emulating Parker’s style to keep the “Spenser” series alive.  This was the 11th one he has written after Parker passed away. 

I thought I may not like it,  because of some similarities the character he was to protect had to a certain congresswoman. Once I got passed that, it was a good book. I recommend. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here in PA.  I woke up around 5 am as it sounded like a freight train and I thought a tornado was here.   Both my cats were spooked by  banging noises from living room area.  I looked out front window and discovered our front storm door blew off its hinge and was banging against the wall.   After a couple attempts I was able to grab the door to close it.

Eric slept through.

Now that he is awake he discovered part of the door frame is torn away with a big gap.  Time to call an expert.

A lot of times I notice PA gets similar weather as we do just cooler.  It rained a lot yesterday afternoon.  Started the day at 65° and dropped to 35° by sundown.  The wind was strong.  I had to lean into it to walk in it.  We went to Caden’s last basketball game.

Hope you don’t have a hard time getting the damage fixed.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

I refused to see it as I hate horror films. Years ago I was in DFW staying at the American Airlines learning centre . We stayed in dorms and had a common room to relax. They were showing The Exorcist, I spent the whole film hiding behind a magazine 

The first time that I got scared at a horror film was when I was 12.It was a double feature:Horror of Frankenstein,that did not scare me but the second movie was Horror of Dracula and that scared me so much that I ran to the bathroom to hide.I should have stayed in my seat because I was mugged in the bathroom.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sgmn said:

Here in the South we have an extremely rare red warning from 10am to 3pm. Winds up to 90 mph. Stay at home advised. It is very rare to have extreme weather in the South East of England

We had thunderstorms here during the night and winds gusting to 65 mph.Now it is sunny and 52 degrees.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

You don't have to talk me into it!  We sailed out of NYC 3 times.  Once we sailed a few months after 9/11.  As we passed the site of where the twin towers once stood, a hush fell over the crowd.  A coast guard boat was very close to us and we started to clap in appreciation of their service.  I will never forget it.

Have smooth sails on your cruise.

We flew from JFK to New Orleans in Feb.2002.There was no security at the airport.I nearly got arrested because I told the Jet Blue rep that there was more security at my local public library.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We flew from JFK to New Orleans in Feb.2002.There was no security at the airport.I nearly got arrested because I told the Jet Blue rep that there was more security at my local public library.

I flew to Vegas on Jan., 2002 and there were armed military guys (I saw 2) holding rifles, standing watching people getting on/off escalators, in Vegas, not NY!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I picked up the new Robert B Parker book “Bye Bye Baby”.  It was a really quick read for me, and I finished it in less than 3 days. 

Ace Atkins has done really good at emulating Parker’s style to keep the “Spenser” series alive.  This was the 11th one he has written after Parker passed away. 

Another huge fan of the late Robert B Parker (and of Ace Atkins) here 😁. I'll buy the new one for sure.

IMG_6865.thumb.jpg.9cc28dcaa7870c3ed65a940d7d79111d.jpg

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Another huge fan of the late Robert B Parker (and of Ace Atkins) here 😁

The nice thing is that I get on the borrow list at our library, as soon as the new books come out.  I can pick them up 3 or 4 days later.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Another huge fan of the late Robert B Parker (and of Ace Atkins) here 😁. I'll buy the new one for sure.

IMG_6865.thumb.jpg.9cc28dcaa7870c3ed65a940d7d79111d.jpg

I will have to look out for this author.  I have read all the Lee Child books (apart from the two latest co- written by his brother). I have read 27 of the Janet Evanovich books (28 was given to me by a friend at dinner last night).  Just a matter of finding time to read all the books on my tbr list….

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Heavy rain and high winds in NEW England today.

Back in NJ also.

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric slept through.

Sorry to hear about your door, Deb!  

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

I finally got the email saying they are shipping and should be here by Tuesday.  People who I know that ordered them days after I did actually received them in less than a week.  I ordered the day of the soft opening of the website.  

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I got mine Wednesday.  Ordered the soft opening day also.  Interesting 🥴

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Same with ours.  They were ordered on the soft opening day. 

Wow, we got ours about a week after we ordered them on the soft opening day.

• Like 3

@sgmn @grapau27

Sue and Graham I know you posted earlier about the incoming red zone warning.  Having now seen the widespread damage done by Storm Eunice and her 122mph winds, I hope your properties did not sustain any damage.  Would have been scary to have been on a plane as she came through.

• Thanks 2

My friend and her husband finally made it into Queensland yesterday and excitedly sent me a photo. Their two previous attempts via car to visit family were thwarted by sudden border closures.  Western Australia has finally announced it will open its border on March 3.  Which is great news for my friend who has a wonderful trip to the Kimberleys planned followed by a small ship cruise from Broome to Darwin.

Now, all we need is a start date for large ship cruising to resume.

A039513E-CF6F-4B58-8E81-8439E45D0CAD.jpeg

• Like 4