Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I have some better pics to post but they keep importing upside down. Anyone know how to fix this?

If it shows up as being upside down when you upload for your post, delete it from the post.  Then go to the picture and either crop a little and save, or rotate and save a couple times till it shows the correct orientation, then upload again.

Glad to hear you are progressing well.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Excellent news, Greg. I think that I speak on behalf of all of us in saying that we're very happy for you 😘

I should of added in my post just as important in my recovery was the love and support of Linda and the pups, more importantly was the love, support, care and encouragement from my family here. All of you that wished me luck, encouraged me meant more to me than anything. I have family members who knew what I was going through and said nothing. Your actions and words are what is so powerful in Dani’s thread. I hope one day to repay you all in some way. You are the best friends anyone could have.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Great news, Greg!  Keep up the great work with the physical therapy, and you'll be ready to cruise again in no time!

Don't forget that you can cut your pain pills in half, too, to help wean them down.

Good idea I had not thought of that.

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Just post them upside down, and John (aka @Ozark_Kid) will fix it for you 😁

Wouldn't be the first time they bailed me out! 🥴

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

If it shows up as being upside down when you upload for your post, delete it from the post.  Then go to the picture and either crop a little and save, or rotate and save a couple times till it shows the correct orientation, then upload again.

Glad to hear you are progressing well.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.

I’ve tried to edit and rotate but still get the same result. I may try import into photo edit program and tweak and then export.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Worked!8BBA007E-B810-4763-953A-938FEBACDEE7.thumb.jpeg.7535272bf5ddb5c6a84f6cd4778d479f.jpeg

Great to hear that you're doing better!  Baby steps...no pun intended.  

I may have said this before, but I'm always amazed at a dog's ability to sense when something is not right and offer even more love to you.  You definitely look like you are the Alpha.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Good idea I had not thought of that.

Wouldn't be the first time they bailed me out! 🥴

I’ve tried to edit and rotate but still get the same result. I may try import into photo edit program and tweak and then export.

Upside down photos don’t bother me. I take a screenshot, rotate it, enjoy the photo and then delete it. 
Because I am technologically challenged, that’s my solution. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I woke up this morning to 53° weather, and I thought that was not too bad.   But that was at 2 am, and now at 7:30 it is down to 29° with a feels like 20°.

Getting ready to wish my daughter-in-law a happy birthday today.  Just waiting for it to be a little later on the West coast, so my text does not wake her.   She is the first of 6 of us to hit one of those milestone birthdays that end with a zero.   For some reason, she doesn’t like reaching 40!😂😂

Today is my son’s RFA procedure, then they will have him in a back brace for a week.  We are all hoping it gets rid of some of his pain.  He will have to go back for a second one, because they are only doing one half at a time.

Busy day here, so I will catch up later.

Sending Happy Birthday wishes for your DIL.

Graham.

A5FEB39D-B307-49D7-9167-61AE2FDAF3D8.jpeg.fe2e7514989b3665e57279ac9664d3b8.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

I’m quietly typing this with the sound off so the cats don’t find out we’re leaving tomorrow (negative tests willing) to sail Saturday on Celebrity Reflection.  I miss the good old days when I could enjoy my happy state of anticipation for a cruise…. I packed yesterday but can’t start looking forward to it until after taking the test tomorrow morning.

E9BDEDA7-2220-4057-B14E-DB05519A1EC7.thumb.jpeg.031797520d0d17fc8a26e16613655087.jpeg

Best wishes everything goes well with your test and I hope your cruise starting Saturday is absolutely amazing.

Graham 

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I have some better pics to post but they keep importing upside down. Anyone know how to fix this?

They have not been upside down for me. Even if they were, they are still exceptionally cute with those puppies in them. 😁

• Like 4

On 2/21/2022 at 12:36 PM, HBE4 said:

I'm not sure which one of the "Big Brother" apps (Google, Alexa?) was watching as I typed my post last Saturday but last night, I received my confirmation e-mail from USPS that the test kits are on the way & expected to be delivered Friday, Feb 25th.

I guess we're in the bottom 20%.

I must be in the bottom 5%.  I ordered them on the soft opening day and they will be delivered on Saturday.

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

You still have a bag phone???  Not sure if I should be impressed or worried.  It actually might be worth something now.

I think my DH had one back then.  I would have tossed it myself.

19 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I just read that some of those early iPhones and iPods are going for $24,000 to $90,000 with the original packaging.  I only have mine back to the 4.  All earlier phones are long gone. 

Just a couple of weeks ago my DH, DD, and I were talking about the iPods.  DD could not believe it when DH pulled out two identical ones (complete with the lovey dovey engraving) and turned them on.   Back story was that I had given him one for Christmas and he managed to forget it in his shorts before he tossed them in.  Needless to say, it didn't work even after trying to dry it with the rice so he bought another one.  Being the hoarder that he is, he put it in the basement and, a couple years later, on a whim, he tried turning it on.  It worked so now he two more things to hang onto.

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It talks about I-pods also. I have one though I don't really use it any longer.

I'm going to put it with the kid's Nintendo game boys. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I miss the good old days when I could enjoy my happy state of anticipation for a cruise….

I feel the same... the anticipation was half the fun. I haven't even looked at the shore excursions for our next cruise in June...

So sad -- a pivotal feeling has been taken from us [among other things].

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I feel the same... the anticipation was half the fun. I haven't even looked at the shore excursions for our next cruise in June...

So sad -- a pivotal feeling has been taken from us [among other things].

I kind of feel like I’ll be tempting fate if I start getting excited about our Harmony cruise. I’m nervous about the darned antigen test. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Just post them upside down, and John (aka @Ozark_Kid) will fix it for you 😁

Dani, that made me chuckle.  😂 You are right, I know it can be frustrating and I don’t mind helping out when I can.

This is how I fix upside down pics.  I open the pic up in my phone editor and crop the pic.  This is what usually works for me.  Even if you crop very little off it works.  I think 🤔 I remember someone posting that it is caused by the phone being upside down when the pic is taken.  Are upside down pics usually landscape pics?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I’m quietly typing this with the sound off so the cats don’t find out we’re leaving tomorrow (negative tests willing) to sail Saturday on Celebrity Reflection.  I miss the good old days when I could enjoy my happy state of anticipation for a cruise…. I packed yesterday but can’t start looking forward to it until after taking the test tomorrow morning.

E9BDEDA7-2220-4057-B14E-DB05519A1EC7.thumb.jpeg.031797520d0d17fc8a26e16613655087.jpeg

Glad we have a fellow cat person on our beyond cruise in November.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great to hear that you're doing better!  Baby steps...no pun intended.  

I may have said this before, but I'm always amazed at a dog's ability to sense when something is not right and offer even more love to you.  You definitely look like you are the Alpha.

Charlie always gravitated toward Linda but since my surgery he has been an absolute love monster. I feel bad for Linda since they always want to Kay with me. I sure it helps having blankets on top of me. My belly makes for a comfortable pillow.😉

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Greg, you are so right about this group.  I can’t believe we have all this friendship and support.  Most of all it is wonderful how we all seem to get along!

This group is special to me. It’s amazing how once you take politics and religion out of the conversation and have an emphasis on goodwill and compassion towards others how wonder people can be.

• Like 17

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes he has grown more than Lizzy. I think Lizzy was the runt of the litter as she was the only girl. All the rest were males.

Almost time for the SAG awards,Greg.My friend the Director did not like The Power of The Dog.

He has not told me yet who he believes will win the major awards at the upcoming shows,SAG,BAFTA and Oscars.

It is sleeting very strong right now and the ice is piling up quickly.  I am glad Sharon made it home before it got real bad and I am glad we drove back from Alabama yesterday.  This is the first time I remember it sleeting this strong like this with a lot of thunder. Some places look like accumulating snow but it’s ice.

• Like 4