Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Bush wacker is back, 

He also has a new weapon. A bigger excavator and mulcher. 

Sounds like a jet engine. I could see this being used in an episode of Fargo. Hate to get my finger too close to that.

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone watching Sailing Yacht tonight?

Recording for Friday. Boy that didn’t take Gary long at all. What a jerk was the charter guest to Gabby. I could see Captain Lee kicking him off for those comments.

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You want some real life Below Deck type of drama watch this video below.

Good thing Captain Lee isn’t on this ship, I could only imagine the words from his,mouth. 😮

The Engineer is true Hero!

• Like 2

Finally got home missed the ice storm that was in Dallas while we were in Caribbean, attended nieces wedding seen some relatives I haven’t seen in over 30 years , had a great time. Booked same cruise in same suite for next year even though we did not spend ten minutes on our huge balcony. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have seen some beautiful fireplaces on HGTV done in tile.  So many options.

In 2019 we redid our family room and we white washed our red brick fireplace and installed a new floating wood mantel I bought on etsy.

We liked the stone on the fireplace, just didn't like the hole in it above the mantle and to find stones to match those stones would have been impossible.  Even if we did find the stones we would have had to put them in a square pattern and as soon as you walked in the room and looked at the fireplace you would have known those were the stones just added in a square pattern.

Just thought it was best to take all those stones off and put back brick veneer.

Go with something like this to match the outside brick of our house.

undefined

• Like 5

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Submitted my formal resignation to work today and I can’t tell you the weight that was lifted off my shoulders! They took it well and everyone is excited for us.

Congratulations Crystal. Onward and Upward!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

This breaks my heart.

(I can't get rid of the drink pics)

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Anyone watching Sailing Yacht tonight?

I’m not sure how many shows I’m behind and it will only get worse this month, but I’m recording them.

• Like 2

Busy playing catch up after three weeks on the Majestic Princess...(poor me..🤣).

Greg, so happy to see that your recovery is going well, and that the puppies are taking good care of you. 

Crystal, congrats on your retirement....best 'job' I've ever had!  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This is our painted fireplace, which was done by the person who flipped this house.  It’s the same beigey grey as the walls.  We just repainted the fireplace doors antique gold.  Don’t mind all the junk on my coffee table lol. 

Photo? :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, singinalot said:

Submitted my formal resignation to work today and I can’t tell you the weight that was lifted off my shoulders! They took it well and everyone is excited for us.

Sending our very best wishes Crystal for your new adventures together.

Graham.

• Like 2

Good morning.

28.4°F and sunny this morning with a covering of frost on my car windscreen.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Prayers 🙏 for Ukraine.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

FB_IMG_1646088088709.jpg.3fcfb8557ea92b2d7c82d4d44c6bf6f1.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am not familiar with that series.    Will have to check it out.   TY😃

It is a great series, probably the first two seasons were the best.  The last season (4th) started here on Sunday. I've recorded it but haven't seen it yet 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Ours is a little harder to visualize because our current island is only 26" x 52".  We are having a wall to be taken  down so the island will be placed toward that current wall where range and refridgerator are currently located at. Behind the wall is a great room, so we have plenty of room for this island, just not sure how large we want it.

Also in the great room we are going to put brick veneer on the fireplace,  and fill in the area where previous owners had a tube tv in over the fireplace.

Here is the fireplace, I took off all the old stone work myself. Waiting on quotes for the brick veneer work. Trying to find brick veneer that looks like our outside of house brick.

Will take pictures of kitchen tomorrow when it is light out to show the area.

Our neighbors just removed their river rock fireplace and their brick fireplace and replaced them both with sheetrock and electric digital fireplaces with heaters. They kind of got rid of the whole fireplace thing altogether. It looks very modern. :classic_smile: Our fireplace and hearth are brick. I will not paint brick. Whoever buys the house can paint it, but I won't. :classic_smile:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Our neighbors just removed their river rock fireplace and their brick fireplace and replaced them both with sheetrock and electric digital fireplaces with heaters. They kind of got rid of the whole fireplace thing altogether. It looks very modern. :classic_smile: Our fireplace and hearth are brick. I will not paint brick. Whoever buys the house can paint it, but I won't. :classic_smile:

Yup. Just leave it alone.

I have a friend, also an antique dealer. She had a small 3-dresser painted white. Had it in several shops, countless antique shows. She finally broke down and stripped the paint off which took hours because the wood was not primed and paint seeped into the pours.

Took it to the next show. It sold right away to a customer who was going to paint it white.

I would think brick would be worse to redo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thank you! :classic_smile: That was my thought. It is hard to know what to do when you are thinking about selling your house. :classic_smile:

Exactly. If new buyers want it painted give a paint allowance. 

To pay for a new paint job removed for new buyers...priceless.

• Haha 1

@dani negreanu and others. You should look up electric digital fireplaces. :classic_biggrin: They are weird. it was a revelation to me. :classic_biggrin: And when the neighbor said he was installing them, I just nodded. They use water vapor to make artificial flames. Another one of our neighbors with a beautiful home. Ours is much smaller and seems to have lacked maintenance. :classic_huh:

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Interesting. We have very few super-hot days where we would need AC, but many days where we need a heater. Most of the gardening books indicate that we have a climate that is similar to yours. :classic_smile:

Exactly the opposite.

Sometimes, beginning even in April, we absolutely need AC (cold), whereas heating we need mainly in the evenings/nights during the supposed to be "winter" months -- Dec, Jan & Feb.

Also, we're less than 2 miles from the Mediterranean, which might "help" with the weather....

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

😁 😁 Not much use in Israel for fireplaces, at least not where we live...

Today -- 69F, tomorrow -- 76F. We have AC, which we switch to cold or heat, depending on the season.

Our AC is also an electric heat pump. Most Floridians have them. 
Yesterday some of my 11 ladies playing Bunco complained it was too warm, so I turned the air up. Then it was too cool, so I turned it down again. A while later, I even felt cold. I looked at the thermostat and someone had set it at 68F, which, especially with the fan, is quite chilly. So I raised  the temperature and turned off the fan. 
Next, someone said loudly that it was too stuffy. 
That’s when I told everybody to stop playing and listen to me. 
I told them I was going to set the temperature back to 73 and please no one touch the thermostat. 
I offered sweaters to anyone that was cold and there were still cold drinks for the overheated. 
Good grief! 

Dani, if there’s no Bunco played in Israel, it’s a dice game played by cranky old ladies. In my case, at least. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 22

10 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

This is our painted fireplace, which was done by the person who flipped this house.  It’s the same beigey grey as the walls.  We just repainted the fireplace doors antique gold.  Don’t mind all the junk on my coffee table lol. 

Hi Deb, I think there was a problem, no photo was available to view😶

When I go to my daughter’s house, her temperature is always set to 78° in the winter, and 65° in the summer.  I can never understand those extremes.  Here, we set ours to 70° year round. 

Yesterday, we walked a little at the lake.  With all the snow melt, the lake level was up.  I decided I didn’t want to sit at this picnic table. 

070FA56E-9D5C-4402-AE47-8993AD6A43A0.thumb.jpeg.6f8d602861e36d5f0b1d979d3dfd27d2.jpeg

I think I mentioned that our grandkids made calendars for us each year.  As I was flipping it to March this morning, I just realized how much Cupid looked like a baby Donald T. 🤣🤣 in last month’s drawing. 

637E4423-544C-4F77-8B14-C0186EE1AFB9.thumb.jpeg.e1b692c49c1b8409927b455d385eed50.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When I go to my daughter’s house, her temperature is always set to 78° in the winter, and 65° in the summer.  I can never understand those extremes.  Here, we set ours to 70° year round. 

Yesterday, we walked a little at the lake.  With all the snow melt, the lake level was up.  I decided I didn’t want to sit at this picnic table. 

070FA56E-9D5C-4402-AE47-8993AD6A43A0.thumb.jpeg.6f8d602861e36d5f0b1d979d3dfd27d2.jpeg

I think I mentioned that our grandkids made calendars for us each year.  As I was flipping it to March this morning, I just realized how much Cupid looked like a baby Donald T. 🤣🤣 in last month’s drawing. 

637E4423-544C-4F77-8B14-C0186EE1AFB9.thumb.jpeg.e1b692c49c1b8409927b455d385eed50.jpeg

How old are these artists? 
That is a charming picture. 
And I prefer to think he’s just an adorable little Cupid. 

• Like 4