Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I rented Bambi for my 4 year old. I had never seen it, and I thought it would be a nice movie for a mom and son to see together. 

That moment…. dumb horror…and my son says, “Well, I guess his mom is venison now”. 

He grew up, joined the military, and hunts. 

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That is funny.  It’s been awhile since I have seen it but you can’t forget that moment.

We have a SIL that hunts often.  When he brings home a deer and my 6yr old granddaughter sees it, she gets so excited and starts talking about how good it’s going to taste!  😂 

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I will never forget seeing a dead deer tied up on top of someone's car.  This was on the Palisades Interstate Parkway in NY.  Deer season was open and hunters were having a field day.  I was horrified seeing that poor deer strapped up on that car, eyes open.  All I could do was think of Bambi and her poor mother.

I know why there is a deer season but it still doesn't make it easy seeing the end result up close.

Since we veered into a little talk about hunting, I thought I would post this.  

Our niece was one of two grand prize winners in the “Shoot like a Girl” contest, sponsored by the Shoot like a Girl organization and Beretta.  Is shoot like a girl even PC anymore?

Anyhow, she is in Kansas now, on an all expenses paid trip for the spring turkey season.  They also have a gourmet chef who will teach how to properly prepare a wild turkey, and a taxidermist who will instruct how to preserve the fan of the turkey.   In addition to meals, lodging, transportation, and guide fees, she will get a bunch of new gear from the sponsoring organizations.  

And, of course, in western Pennsylvania, this was news worthy of a front page spread in their local newspaper.  One of the photos from the paper.

D5699ED3-7F59-4627-BB3C-7284EDBBECB4.thumb.jpeg.dcad185a1dee10ff40a258d500d5b376.jpeg

And just so no one gets distressed, I am pretty sure that is not Bambi in the photo.

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And, of course, in western Pennsylvania, this was news worthy of a front page spread in their local newspaper.  One of the photos from the paper.

D5699ED3-7F59-4627-BB3C-7284EDBBECB4.thumb.jpeg.dcad185a1dee10ff40a258d500d5b376.jpeg

And just so no one gets distressed, I am pretty sure that is not Bambi in the photo.

Looks like a painful way to go if you ask me. Yes, I realize no one did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Where did your order the raised planting box from?  That would be right up my alley!

Amazon.  Some assembly required.  Not sure how much yet as they haven't arrived.  Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Cedar-Raised-Planter-Legs-Rot-Resistant/dp/B094MKWGKP

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Such a beautiful sight and amazing arrival views.  We absolutely love San Juan.  Have a great time there. 

Picked it as a pseudonym because of Tony Bennett.  We probably should leave OB alone.

Liked the Pablo Casals museum in SJ but it’s closed.  The shop is open .  Coffee mug ? 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, NHProud said:

People from New England are pretty private . OB should just give himself a pseudonym like Anthony . 

OB works fine for me.  That's all I need to know.

Online privacy is VERY important.  With a little bit of effort, I could probably find a lot of personal info about many people here, based on the limited info that has been shared.  Your house address, when you bought your house and how much you paid, what you pay each year in property taxes (all public record), your phone number(s), your email addresses, your personal interests (social media), possibly your professional history and contacts (LinkedIn). If you aren't careful with usernames and passwords, I might even be able to get into your financial, utilities, and other online accounts.  Or even post something damaging to you from one of your own social media accounts, as if you had posted it yourself.  If it sounds like I'm exaggerating, I'm not.  It's called Social Engineering.  Put together a few seemingly meaningless bits of info to learn something a little more important, and then leverage that new piece of info to learn something even more important, etc.  Check out this "vishing" video from 5 years ago.  Tools and techniques have further improved in the last 5 years.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Just popping in to post, have  many pages to catch up on.

It was a long weekend and Carrie is going down hill rapidly.

She can only walk one or two steps without falling down.

We got her to drink some water yesterday and she did use her litter box once to P, we lifted her in and out.

I made videos of her, patiently waiting for her to look like her old self to send to her mom our DD, and she understands how sick she became rapidly  I want her to remember the cute Kittie she raised not remembering this time as she is sick..  She can still see how she looks so sick, with the sadness in her cat eyes.  The earliest Christina can travel home is Sunday, but then it will be too late.  At least she does not have to go through this and remember happy times.

But what was truly amazing is this morning  we found her in her cat "hut" that she used to sleep in as a kitten (we have her sleeping in the downstairs family room) (no stairs that she can fall down on) , that opens to storage and the hut was on the ground in a corner of the utility side) , it comforted her then and I think she feels safe there.

So now that I am home all day, she is in the kitchen with me, hut and all.

Were were able to take turns holding and cuddling her all weekend, so hard to leave her alone.

She has turned into a skinny girl, and it hurts to now feel her bones, more and more.

Today, she just cries and does not want held.

So, reluctantly it was hard, but the DH called the vet to make an appointment to.............................

They are booked solid with surgeries and cannot help her till Wednesday, but if we would like to drop her off and come back they would do it during down time.

But, that is not an option.

I will not let her be alone, It is hard but, we will be by her side through this.

She sleeps about 3 hours gets up, takes a step or two and goes back to sleep for hours.

Every so often she cries, I cry.

But when she sleeps, she looks like the cute Carrie we all know to love.

In Closing

I hope all are well and will catch up when I can.

Take care

Be safe.

Crying in OHIO

Heartbreaking. 😢

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

People from New England are pretty private . OB should just give himself a pseudonym like Anthony . 

It would be funny if OB was an OBstetrician!! 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

OB works fine for me.  That's all I need to know.

Online privacy is VERY important.  With a little bit of effort, I could probably find a lot of personal info about many people here, based on the limited info that has been shared.  Your house address, when you bought your house and how much you paid, what you pay each year in property taxes (all public record), your phone number(s), your email addresses, your personal interests (social media), possibly your professional history and contacts (LinkedIn). If you aren't careful with usernames and passwords, I might even be able to get into your financial, utilities, and other online accounts.  Or even post something damaging to you from one of your own social media accounts, as if you had posted it yourself.  If it sounds like I'm exaggerating, I'm not.  It's called Social Engineering.  Put together a few seemingly meaningless bits of info to learn something a little more important, and then leverage that new piece of info to learn something even more important, etc.  Check out this "vishing" video from 5 years ago.  Tools and techniques have further improved in the last 5 years.

You are absolutely right about bad actors going on phishing expeditions and that is why I don’t open videos because you never know if they are corrupted.   I’m sure yours isn’t and it comes from you. 

• Like 2

Had an email from Royal saying We had 3 FCC's totaling almost $800.  Called C&A and got them applied to an upcoming cruise.  She checked for ang price drops, and apparently they are considerably  more expensive now.  These cruises are the last booked with the double points promotion.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Truth. Man's best friend a lot of times do not deserve us. We need to be better.

That movie traumatized me as a kid. That and Bambi. I never cried that hard as a kid.

Baby steps!

That is one fine looking prime rib. I'm sure it was delicious.

I respect someone who does want to keep their privacy. I'm a open book but I have respect for OB and others.

Touche!

Greg,telling people your first name is not divulging your identity unless it is something unusual like Ignatius.We are all like a family on this thread and the majority of the regulars are known by their first name.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I understand your question, and I am going to say that different people have different comfort levels regarding privacy and how much or how little info they are comfortable sharing on the web. Yes, this thread is like "family" but it is still on the web. For example, I generally do not feel comfortable sharing work related stuff, or some issues or personal problems, so, it could be that many people don't like sharing names etc.

😁😉Now, on a funy note if OB would like to share his name and address/email😱, I will send him a gift certificate for a nice Pedicure and Foot massage....I see he will enjoy it!

OB no hard feelings, just making a joke since you always post your feet pictures!!!😉😁.... Apologies if you are offended🙏.

See my post to Greg.Posting a first name is not giving anyone information on their identity.Let us say hypothetically that Ocean’s first name is Anthony .We know he lives in Rhode Island .There is absolutely no way to figure out his identity . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Greg,telling people your first name is not divulging your identity unless it is something unusual like Ignatius.We are all like a family on this thread and the majority of the regulars are known by their first name.

You and a few others on this thread have posted enough information to easily find someone's full name and more.  It is very naive to think the only people reading this thread are those that post.  

Some of us prefer not to use our names and should not have to justify why.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

He is a doctor who lives in Rhode Island.  His first name would make it very easy to come up with a short list of possibilities.  Respect his privacy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Our niece was one of two grand prize winners in the “Shoot like a Girl” contest, sponsored by the Shoot like a Girl organization and Beretta.  Is shoot like a girl even PC anymore?

Anyhow, she is in Kansas now, on an all expenses paid trip for the spring turkey season.  

Congratulations to your niece.  Very impressive!

Three of our grandchildren shoot with a bow and arrow, and the same three go to the shooting range and shoot 22's.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Amazon.  Some assembly required.  Not sure how much yet as they haven't arrived.  Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Cedar-Raised-Planter-Legs-Rot-Resistant/dp/B094MKWGKP

Thank you Bob for posting this!!

• Like 1