Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's never good.

In fairness to the staff, the other night they ran out and one of them went somewhere to get more for me. However, last night they were really busy and I would never have wanted them to go out of their way like that for me. Tonight I'm going to try a Key Lime martini based on a recommendation from someone last night. I mean what else do I have to think about at 9:30 AM?😯😐😊

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was it good? Who got booted?

It was very intense.  Keksie gave a really good update of it as you read.  The guys had talked before they split into two tribes for the immunity challenge and they were all making a guys alliance but were going to get rid of Romeo.  That didn't happen in the first tribal.  Second tribal was intense and weird as they didn't even go vote, they did it all out in the open.  More sides of Jonathan came out too.  Not as many like him as it seemed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Car ride of doom. Charlie and Lizzy are not happy going to the vet to be neutered and spayed. Normally Charlie is fine in the car but today he was a nervous wreck. I remember when I got my vasectomy so I can understand. Nobody likes being cut near their privates.

91015CBA-6965-459A-B480-C5A41BBC802F.thumb.jpeg.dc9bca5976e08d872cc3d5d5224d7215.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

You can reserve on the app.   There is a free option for port days and those spots fill up fast.   On my last Anthem sailing I was told bookings open up on their app at 8 am and book asap.   

Thank you Debbie.

We have 2 Anthem sailings later this year.

Graham.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Car ride of doom. Charlie and Lizzy are not happy going to the vet to be neutered and spayed. Normally Charlie is fine in the car but today he was a nervous wreck. I remember when I got my vasectomy so I can understand. Nobody likes being cut near their privates.

91015CBA-6965-459A-B480-C5A41BBC802F.thumb.jpeg.dc9bca5976e08d872cc3d5d5224d7215.jpeg

Beautiful.🙂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, I am at Sorrento's eating this only because it is 12:15 AM and I have sufficient alcohol on board to make it acceptable. 

Now... I can't wait for the lecture from a certain person on how good this stuff is.

20220428_001557.thumb.jpg.1b0b2796efd56d2347d5b4b53b77d1cf.jpg

Be nice! We are all like family.🙂

Your pizza sure looks good.😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Plotting their revenge. No cuddles for you . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Plotting their revenge. No cuddles for you . 

Even though they did not know they were going today last night was the worst night we had with them in a long time. They kept whining in their crate off and on all night. We must have taken them out to potty 3 times at night. They didn't go into the crate till after midnight they were so wound up. Lizzy acts like a crazy dog from about 8:30pm to 10pm. They do get enough exercise out in the yard during the day so it's not like they sleep all day. Charlie likes to move around where he naps and sleeps. I wonder if he is frustrated by the size of their crate even though they can move around in it ok.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We have 2 Anthem sailings later this year.

Graham, Anthem was one of our best cruises. It was a few months after it was launched (Sept. 2015). We spent 2 days before the cruise in London, and then, one day before the cruise, we took the now defunct Smithforairports for Southampton, spending the night at Premier Inn WQ.

When we got to Southampton, we went on a "recce" expedition to see where should we check in the morning of the cruise, and found that we could cross through Holiday Inn's parking lot and be at the terminal in a mere 10 mins walk from the hotel.

All this "introduction" is to say that we were at the terminal very early, and had the ship for ourselves. First thing we went to North Star and had done it twice. It is nice, even if done on a port day.

Afterwards we went to the bumper cars... not for our backs at our age 😕

Enjoy, I found the Quantum class very nice indeed 🌷

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok, I am at Sorrento's eating this only because it is 12:15 AM and I have sufficient alcohol on board to make it acceptable. 

Now... I can't wait for the lecture from a certain person on how good this stuff is.

20220428_001557.thumb.jpg.1b0b2796efd56d2347d5b4b53b77d1cf.jpg

Actually, that pizza looks ...ok.   It has cheese melting off the sides which makes it edible.

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Holocaust Remembrance Day -- standing for 2 minutes in memory of the victims.

image.thumb.jpeg.f037601dffc282da50c04e6d48aedd57.jpeg

Being in Israel on Israel's Holocaust Rememberance day is chilling and super solemn.  I will never forget hearing the siren, while a shopkeeper had his hand out to accept my payment.  As the siren sounded, he put his hand down and stood shock still not moving. 

As in Dani's picture, it's amazing to see every single driver stop when the siren is heard to get out of their cars and stand at attention.

May we never forget.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Even though they did not know they were going today last night was the worst night we had with them in a long time. They kept whining in their crate off and on all night. We must have taken them out to potty 3 times at night. They didn't go into the crate till after midnight they were so wound up. Lizzy acts like a crazy dog from about 8:30pm to 10pm. They do get enough exercise out in the yard during the day so it's not like they sleep all day. Charlie likes to move around where he naps and sleeps. I wonder if he is frustrated by the size of their crate even though they can move around in it ok.

Have you thought about an xpen.  They come in a variety of sizes.  We have a fairly large one that we used when Rocco was new to the house.  It was large enough to have water and food in it.  We put blankets on the floor.  I have a smaller one with a zip top and bottom I used for Samantha when she was little.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Spring fever like the rest of us.   😁   Probably dreaming of chasing a squirrel.

When you let Charlie out of his crate at night time does he want to hop in bed with you or just wants to run around?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Speaking of crape myrtles, our house has over a dozen of all colors - white, light pink, dark pink, lavender. I love it. They bloom all summer. 

IMG_6229-2.thumb.jpg.484ee9b24600d555cff15384ab8e7655.jpg

IMG_6257.thumb.jpg.c025c8702f545d81ba29a187316b0ada.jpg

IMG_6250.thumb.jpg.3122f883ba8fccd87b660fb731d1efde.jpg

Those look really good. Love e colors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Have you thought about an xpen.  They come in a variety of sizes.  We have a fairly large one that we used when Rocco was new to the house.  It was large enough to have water and food in it.  We put blankets on the floor.  I have a smaller one with a zip top and bottom I used for Samantha when she was little.

Thats a great idea and worth a try.

42 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Spring fever like the rest of us.   😁   Probably dreaming of chasing a squirrel.

When you let Charlie out of his crate at night time does he want to hop in bed with you or just wants to run around?

We mainly keep them downstairs most of the time and crate at night in the master bedroom. They want to go explore upstairs but we have the cat litter box upstairs and I don’t want them going in there. Eventually we will have them sleep with us but until we can get them totally potty trained I don’t want to risk it.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Brick on the walls will be the same brick that will be on our Fireplace...........which will be different from the floor brick.

20211216_193157.jpg

20220220_132323.jpg

20220220_132316.jpg

20220226_111721.jpg

We had put fieldstone like this on a corner wall that looked it should have had a fireplace there.  We put an antique player piano in front of it when we were done.  We also completely bricked one of the walls in our living room.  Seeing this, which reminds me of our old home, is making me nostalgic for the home we so loved and sold.  Oh well...moving on...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham, Anthem was one of our best cruises. It was a few months after it was launched (Sept. 2015). We spent 2 days before the cruise in London, and then, one day before the cruise, we took the now defunct Smithforairports for Southampton, spending the night at Premier Inn WQ.

When we got to Southampton, we went on a "recce" expedition to see where should we check in the morning of the cruise, and found that we could cross through Holiday Inn's parking lot and be at the terminal in a mere 10 mins walk from the hotel.

All this "introduction" is to say that we were at the terminal very early, and had the ship for ourselves. First thing we went to North Star and had done it twice. It is nice, even if done on a port day.

Afterwards we went to the bumper cars... not for our backs at our age 😕

Enjoy, I found the Quantum class very nice indeed 🌷

Thank you Dani.

We have stayed at the West Quay premier Inn many times pre-cruise.

The North Star is the reason Pauline wanted to book Anthem.

Graham.

• Like 3