Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

😢😢😢 This nasty virus is everywhere.... hoping for the best for you.

And I feel I practice safety rather well as I wear a 3 layer cloth mask, wipe down shopping cart with bleach wipes, spray hands with alcohol as soon as I get in my car and wash hands as soon as i walk in the front door.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And I feel I practice safety rather well as I wear a 3 layer cloth mask, wipe down shopping cart with bleach wipes, spray hands with alcohol as soon as I get in my car and wash hands as soon as i walk in the front door.  

Agree, and that's the reason is very frightening -- you're doing everything in your power and common sense to keep safe, adhere to all the regulations, .... and still it gets to u... really, so so frustrating.

I'm at a loss of words.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Unfortunately, even with being so cautious, you only have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. This virus so is vile, and it will find it’s victims in those who are careful and those who are not. We will be thinking of you today and going forward. 

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here. TA very much enhanced our travel experience. I used to be "top reviewer", with almost 300 reviews "under my belt".

I'm a firm believer in getting back and relying the good and the bad in hotels, restaurants, excursions, sites, etc.

CC I've "discovered" only towards our 3rd cruise, when I was "bombarding" the Galapagos forum with zillion of questions. In the end, the nice lady "destination expert" told me "may be you should ask more on this cruise-oriented forum..." and.... here I'm since then.

Glad to find it, since, as with TripAdvisor, is also enhanced our experience and saved us lots of money😁

I joined prior to our Galaxy TA in 2005

Didn't become addicted until I got a smartphone around 2014

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Unfortunately, even with being so cautious, you only have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. This virus so is vile, and it will find it’s victims in those who are careful and those who are not. We will be thinking of you today and going forward. 

And, somehow, it even manages to bypass others who take no precautions at all. It is its unpredictable nature that is truly mind blowing.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

We finally got my DW her  appointment for her vaccine at Publix. When I got my appointment we tried for hers but they were all gone. The appointment window opens twice a week, one schedules  three days , and the other schedules 4 days. Our county health department is still trying to figure stuff out, but the Governor stepped in, got Publix onboard and people are getting their shots. The process schedules both shots, so I get my second in a couple of weeks , and she is scheduled  for next week, and the second 4 weeks later. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I tried to explain this CC thread to her and she just shook her head.  She thinks my fascination with this website is nuts.  

IMG_5277.jpeg

I love your post.

I remember when we got our first computer circa 1992.  Boy I did not even know how to search let alone post.  I mostly played solitaire.

Then as time went on in the year 2006, and technology really advanced, yup I was still playing solitaire.

Then we decided to do this family cruise with a "mouse" and I heard about a website, theirs that you could meet people before you cruise.  Boy it was lame.  Boring.

So after that we loved cruising and decided to try The Mariner of the Seas.  And our TA told us to search for a site that shares stories called CC.

I go yea, if it is anything like the mouse one forget it.

Well one thing lead to another and BAM!  New addiction.

I haven't played solitaire in 14 years.

I can post, edit, and now with my handy dandy smart phone even post pictures.  Have not mastered that yet on computer.

I even did my own cruise review a few years back and the thread was titled ALLURE OF THE SEAS THE CURSE OF BRANDON, for those of you who recall.

Now since I am retired, I start my day with a cup of coffee and head to the computer.

Some days as early as 6 am.  (DH leaves for work) some days as late as 4pm. but always off the computer by 4:30pm.  (DH due home, good wifey).

So yup, I read and comment on CC.

Since the plaque there have been lesser topics that interest me, but I am still here.

Mostly read here, and the other one about humor.  I have to be careful posting on the humor one, a couple of my um pictures were not appreciated, and I got put on the naughty list, but I am behaving now.

Our two cruise threads are hit or miss, but have met some very nice experienced cruisers on them.

If my DH ever took the time to see how I spend my day on CC he would just shake his head.

I think his CC activity in 14 years has to be totaling less than 1 hour.

Me, well no comment.

I was all prepared to do a live thread from our last year cruise in November on the Allure, but that never happened.  One day I will do it, and I already have the theme on my handy dandy memo on my smart phone.  I know I could never compare to those of vast experience, but it is worth a shot.

Time to do something productive.

Um, yea, right, 

Home bound, 

Trying to stay healthy.

Wishing better days to all who are impacted by illness, and praying for healthy better days ahead,

Take care 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm pretty sure I have darn Covid too.  Last night I started with diarrhea, chills, fever now at 99.4, sore throat and body aches.  Didnt sleep well with lots of toss and turning and trips to bathroom.    Body aches could be due to me shoveling/snow blowing 2 driveways with 2 feet of snow on Tuesday.   Taking tylenol and going to make some tea and toast.  Hopefully I can make to my covid test without needing a bathroom. 

I am confident we got this last weekend with all the busy stores and everyone preparing for the nor'Easter.  I bet there was sick people out shopping since their food deliveries couldn't happen due to snow.

My covid19 started when I woke up and my pyjama top was soaking.

A couple of days later I was shivering excessively.

Later I woke up and the top half of my body was dripping wet.

I had a slight cough only but my voice went and I struggled to speak.

5 days after initial symptoms I lost my sense of taste but could smell okay.

I had a tension headache at the back of my neck and felt light headed when getting out of bed to go to the toilet.

For 3 weeks I felt incredibly tired and stopped in bed for 3 weeks sleeping most of the time.

Hopefully you just have a cold.🤞

I hope Eric is okay and you test  negative.

Graham.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We also wipe down all the food packaging with virus wipes at home before putting food in the fridge etc because people in the supermarkets pick up then put stuff back on the shelf.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Has Lenny checked in on any of the threads since his 2nd shot?  

Amazing, just this minute I was thinking about him [I should have bought a lottery ticket 😁]....

He didn't post since Tuesday.

But, you know, there is this dilemma about really caring about someone on "internet", and being, like, a bit of a "bother".... it's a very very fine line here....

Pls. don't take it in any other way that my saying, personally, how I feel. As well as with other who post here about health and personal problems.

I'm playing it by the ear...

So, decided not to ask, since he's not a frequent poster here.

With Graham, for example, I've felt OK to inquire and follow.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Amazing, just this minute I was thinking about him [I should have bought a lottery ticket 😁]....

But, you know, there is this dilemma about really caring about someone on "internet", and being, like, a bit of a "bother".... it's a very very fine line here....

Pls. don't take it in any other way that my saying, personally, how I feel. As well as with other who post here about health and personal problems.

I think I know what you mean. I am concerned about Sunshine and her husband, although I’ve never met them, and was happy that Graham’s surgery went well.

Since I rarely post (I’ve had a stroke, and don’t always express myself in the way that I want), any expressions of condolence or just “thinking of you” might read as awkward. And that sounds awkward as well!

It’s about to get very cold here- Saturday it will warm up to -27 C (about -17 F). Sunday will be colder. Those are the highs! We just had a barbecue delivered, but it will wait for spring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/2/2021 at 2:35 PM, dani negreanu said:

I've noticed....😁  No worries.

Hopefully, you'll sail through your 2nd jab smoothly.

I had only a minor arm aching, DH had a slight fever and muscle aching the day after. One Aspirin Bayer later and he was "almost" as good as new 😉

I had a very bad reaction.For 4 hours yesterday I had a very high fever,chills,the worst headache I have ever had .I had pneumonia twice and this was much worse.

This afternoon I am having an MRI of the brain,not at all related to yesterday.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 8:09 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Lenny,  did someone help get you shoveled out so you can get your vaccine jab?   Good luck with your MRI this week.

We live in a townhouse Condo and the Maintenance crew gets rid of our snow .However,they did not salt and the walkway to our car was solid ice.We went out through the garage.

Thank you re the MRI which will be later today.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks Dani.

I was delighted that everyone especially yourself have been so caring and gave me their best wishes.

I was thinking we hadn't heard from Crystal@ singinalot and DominoD.

I hope they are both well.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1