Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

So what was your first meal afterward? I was RAVENOUS. 😂

Well I wanted Andy to stop at Dunkin Donuts and get me a pumpkin donut, but at discharge they said I should eat light for the first several hours.  And no alcohol tonight - how rude!  So instead of a donut I came home and had some toast, then my nap.  I’m snacking on goldfish crackers now.  But tonight we’re going out to dinner and I want a nice juicy burger & fries. 

• Like 9

On 9/19/2022 at 1:46 PM, HBE4 said:

I think White Castle is one of those things you have to grow up with to appreciate. However, I didn’t so I don’t. As a teenager, some of my Bronx-born friends would always tell how much they missed White Castle when their families moved up to Rockland Co. and once they got their drivers licenses, would take the 1-hour one-way trip back to the Bronx just to get White Castle.  Eventually, one did open in my home county and I was very much looking forward to trying it. The lines were crazy long and I eagerly waited to get a “sack of sliders”. I love hamburgers & could eat one every day. But what I got instead was a bunch of slimy onions on a greasy roll with nary a hint of hamburger meat.

I’ll take Sorrento’s pizza over White Castle any day of the week.

I'm with you... I'd eat almost anything over White Castle tried it twice just in case the first time was a mistake.  Give me In N Out any day of the week.  I can't for the life me understand people fascination with those tasteless little burgers.

Re: the fast food wars (instead of the Sorrento’s wars LOL)…

I’ve never had White Castle.  We did have Whataburger while visiting Andy’s brother in Dallas, they were good.  I’m not a fan of Olive Garden, probably because we have so many good Italian restaurants here. 
We don’t have WaWa around here but there are plenty where our oldest DD lives in PA.  I haven’t had any food from there, it’s usually just a gas/coffee stop.  I know I’ve mentioned our oldest went to college In Roanoke VA, middle went to West Virginia Univ & youngest started at Virginia Tech but transferred. Having said that, we’ve visited many a Sheetz, which is similar to WaWa.  They have good coffee & breakfast sandwiches with fun names - a bagel sandwich is a Shmagel, an English muffin sandwich is a Shmuffin, etc. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Such joy on your faces!  Happy Anniversary 🥂

That’s quite an accomplishment!  

Andy goes every 3 years due to polyps, while I’ve been on a 5 year schedule. I guess now that I’ve had one removed I can look forward to this fun experience more often 🤪

If it is a hyperplastic polyp it won't change anything. If it is an adenomatous polyp you may have to have your next one at a closer interval.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

chicken fried steak is a beefsteak breaded or floured and fried like chicken, served with white gravy.

There is also, my favorite chicken fried chicken.  Chicken pounded flat, breaded, fried with white gravy.  Yummy!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

It’s been years since I’ve had chicken fried steak with white gravy. My 2 requirements last month back in Texas was a Whataburger and a chicken fried steak. 😃

I prefer Whataburger to any other "fast food" burgers.  When I was in rehab, Jack brought me a Whataburger and fries a few times a week. 

I must not be a true Texan yet. Shhhh I don't care for chicken fried steak but I LOVE Blue Bell ice cream if that counts. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I prefer Whataburger to any other "fast food" burgers.  When I was in rehab, Jack brought me a Whataburger and fries a few times a week. 

I must not be a true Texan yet. Shhhh I don't care for chicken fried steak but I LOVE Blue Bell ice cream if that counts. 

That does count.  What is your favorite flavor?  I like Bride's Cake.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I get Whataburger every month or so real close to my house , like some of there breakfast sandwiches also, first had it in Oklahoma while in the army in 1969. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

I thought I would share this pic taken at our wedding, 36 years ago today.

Not sure where the years have gone. I feel bad as with everything going on this last week I forgot about it, but Hubby gave me a lovely card and a rose Bush

Congadulations to you both.

10 hours ago, sgmn said:

We're looking after Isaac today so probably won't celebrate but will when we go to Cornwall tomorrow for a few days 

Please post photos.  My grandmother took my mom and aunt to their relatives to Cornwall during the London Blitz during WW2.  They stayed in Delabole at an Aunt’s.  I got to go there as a child with my grandmother and family.  We went on many day trips around Cornwall. We took the train from the London area to Bodmin and stayed with the same Aunt. Just looking at Google Earth was like a trip down memory lane. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

chicken fried steak is a beefsteak breaded or floured and fried like chicken, served with white gravy.

Thank you, Marietta.  I will have to try it now that I know what it actually is!😉

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My procedure went well today. One very small polyp removed, Dr said it didn’t look like anything to worry about. Should have the results in about a week.  
I’ve just woken up from a 3 hour nap after very little sleep last night.  Looks like I have some catching up to do here. 

Good to hear that all went well, Deb!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm with you... I'd eat almost anything over White Castle tried it twice just in case the first time was a mistake.  Give me In N Out any day of the week.  I can't for the life me understand people fascination with those tasteless little burgers.

A friend took me to an In N Out burger restaurant in Southern California many years ago.I bought a tee shirt because of the name of the place but I did not think there was anything special about the food there.

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was introduced to Blue Bell during one of my Texas vacations.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sgmn said:

I thought I would share this pic taken at our wedding, 36 years ago today.

Not sure where the years have gone. I feel bad as with everything going on this last week I forgot about it, but Hubby gave me a lovely card and a rose Bush 🌹 💕

We're looking after Isaac today so probably won't celebrate but will when we go to Cornwall tomorrow for a few days 

IMG-20220920-WA0000.thumb.jpg.8cd40f315ef42d46828647e097d2b564.jpg

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Sue and Gary🍾🌹 Cheers!

Lovely photo.  You are both beaming happiness.    I hope you have a wonderful getaway in Cornwall.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My feast tonight.  We shared Short Rib Quesadillas as an appetizer and I had the house burger & fries.  I finished the burger but didn’t make a dent in the fries. This is at a local pub type restaurant about a mile from our house, we sometimes go here on Thursday nights for trivia. 65D0FDF9-53AA-4030-8990-EA3DCAAEA446.thumb.jpeg.1689df4f3eb820d839d33d3afe8c28d0.jpegEB384BF3-A6C3-4AC7-8893-E4CC11E63FB0.thumb.jpeg.39feec5a2a9162f0da92af5b94adc52a.jpeg

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 17

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

My feast tonight.  We shared Short Rib Quesadillas as an appetizer and I had the house burger & fries.  I finished the burger but didn’t make a dent in the fries. This is at a local pub type restaurant about a mile from our house, we sometimes go here on Thursday nights for trivia. 65D0FDF9-53AA-4030-8990-EA3DCAAEA446.thumb.jpeg.1689df4f3eb820d839d33d3afe8c28d0.jpegEB384BF3-A6C3-4AC7-8893-E4CC11E63FB0.thumb.jpeg.39feec5a2a9162f0da92af5b94adc52a.jpeg

OMG that looks delicious. 😃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

That does count.  What is your favorite flavor?  I like Bride's Cake.

Bride's Cake is good (had it just once) even though it has no chocolate in it.

I also likeTillamook Udderly Chocolate.

As you can tell, my favorite flavor of any brand is chocolate.

Blue Bell tastes better than most.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2022 at 11:33 AM, lenquixote66 said:

...I consider him to be an expert in good food.

Because he posts lots of food pictures or because he agrees with you about Sorrentos? 🤣

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We don’t have WaWa around here but there are plenty where our oldest DD lives in PA.  I haven’t had any food from there, it’s usually just a gas/coffee stop.  I know I’ve mentioned our oldest went to college In Roanoke VA, middle went to West Virginia Univ & youngest started at Virginia Tech but transferred. Having said that, we’ve visited many a Sheetz, which is similar to WaWa.  They have good coffee & breakfast sandwiches with fun names - a bagel sandwich is a Shmagel, an English muffin sandwich is a Shmuffin, etc. 

They have some good Burgers at Sheetz, nothing like that at a Wawa.

IMG_20160714_185358.jpg

• Like 4