Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, I think Ryan is on his way out. Captain Jason did get confirmation that a replacement is available. I think Jason is tired of Ryan's disrespect as well as his terrible food presentation.

Oh oh, sounds like we had some drama last night.   I will have to watch my recording tonight.

• Like 2

Moved all my possible projectiles from the yard.  Took down patio umbrella and put the table behind the shed.  Where's Dan when I need him?  Didn't know that I had such a big patio now that nothing is on it😇  Got beer and donuts so now the waiting begins.  I'm sure we will lose power.  That happens sometimes during a regular rainstorm.  We'll see. 

• Like 23

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Moved all my possible projectiles from the yard.  Took down patio umbrella and put the table behind the shed.  Where's Dan when I need him?  Didn't know that I had such a big patio now that nothing is on it😇  Got beer and donuts so now the waiting begins.  I'm sure we will lose power.  That happens sometimes during a regular rainstorm.  We'll see. 

What town are you in?

Stay safe🙏

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Dan is watching over you. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Dan is watching over you. 

Thanks  He's probably cursing at me.  I broke his Chimera trying to roll it out of the direct line to the patio doors.  I never did like it too much  OOPS

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3
  • Haha 10

To all the Florida people stay safe.  It has been an adventurous week.  My son, girlfriend, her son and I had reservations at Universal Orlando this week.  Sigh.  Watching the spaghetti tracks and weather reports I suggested canceling and going some other week but due to work considerations for them that could not work.  I suggested canceling and going somewhere else.  Nope.  We left Monday with lots of rain gear, checked into Cabana Bay, parked in very safe high place, had a wonderful dinner.  Went to the park on Tuesday.  Nice day cloudy, no rain, rode as many rides as possible.  Then we heard they were closing the parks for Wednesday and Thursday.  Rode more rides until the park closed, had a wonderful dinner, packed up and drove back home.  I have had no sleep but we had a great time, traffic was light coming home.  Where we live we may get some wind but nothing bad.  I am going to take a nice nap today then work on refunds.  

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, I think Ryan is on his way out. Captain Jason did get confirmation that a replacement is available. I think Jason is tired of Ryan's disrespect as well as his terrible food presentation.

How this guy ever got to be a chef on a yacht I have no idea. Better off being a line cook at Denny's.

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

I will be thinking of you and hope you stay safe. Keep us updated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

Congratulations on becoming Great Grandparents 👍 

Amazing news and such a lovely baby. Wow all that hair 

Thanks.  Wow is right with the hair!  I can’t believe how long the hair is. His hair is so long that when  I saw a close up pic I thought he looked to old to be a new born.  With my memory I think I will always call him RJ. RJ = Rungano (Norbert) Jathan (“God gives us”).   

• Like 5

16 hours ago, singinalot said:

unbelievable sunset tonight 

the start:

5469F472-A9CA-44F6-9634-29B0F99D2B65.thumb.jpeg.e77e7bf3025462903df72b9e9a0fb9b3.jpeg

our neighbors back yard

89C76E5B-B4F8-4849-A3B8-24A43394E5B1.thumb.jpeg.ba863802624c58092c40854b27752ea1.jpeg

couple seconds later from our porch

C6006CAF-4030-4BF1-B19F-8998C1ED2C19.thumb.jpeg.48101a634b903114aff66e4b75db794f.jpeg

and from a friend inland:

9488C520-5F27-44C8-8410-C3FD0288B849.thumb.jpeg.382bda197ea09e8c486ee7661ced65c1.jpeg

I always heard Hurricanes made for beautiful sunsets/sunrises.

• Like 3

Since I have not posted much lately, how about a vehicle related story?  It involves things I didn’t know about or even thought about. 

We started noticing a funky smell in one of our Toyota SUVs.  At first, I thought maybe one of the grandkids spilled something, but there were no obvious signs of a spill.  In the process of cleaning, I pull out the weather tech mats, and one is wet, on the underside.  So now I am thinking, how could they make a spill and not get any IN the mat?  In the commercials everything ends up there, and not in the carpet. 

Well, the carpet was soaked, but where was it coming from?  It turns out, it was from clogged sun roof drains.  I never even thought about there being drains for the sunroof, let alone them getting clogged.  I mean, we rarely even open our sunroof, unless it is to let our granddaughter climb out it to the roof to be patriotic.  How much rain or debris can find it’s way in. 

E0E98D99-5415-4F8D-8A8C-761135BD7F2B.thumb.jpeg.ca7b3cf9beb5abf0d919db6e7edaa8e1.jpeg

When I opened the sunroof and looked in the corners, they are filled with water since it isn’t draining, and the water in the drains was finding its way to the floor and soaking the carpet.  In the Toyotas they route these drains through the “A” pillars and “B” pillars. 

I can’t believe how much junk I got out of the drain and where it outlets. Another problem solved, but I would have to question why Toyota would route their drains where they do.  

So a word to the wise, check your drains.  It took me a couple days lifting carpet, running fans and dehumidifier to dry it out. 

I assume all makes have some kind of drain.  Now I know. 

Of course, in Florida today, I think a lot of cars will end up with soaked carpet, and this will probably not be the cause. 

• Like 14

My daughter, in Ft Myers, loaded up her cats and all needed supplies , and drove to a co workers house.They are now in a closet, with all of the animals, but as of now they still have power. The wind blew open a door and they decided that they had had enough. They are only 5 miles inland and Ian is there now.

Our house has never been so clean or cold. When I'm stressed I cook and clean so all of the laundry is done, dinner is made, and inside temp is 60. My husband is asking when we can turn it warmer. 

• Like 12

22 minutes ago, singinalot said:

is everyone sick of hurricane coverage or would you like to see some updates on how today is progressing here?

First hand experience is always appreciated. 

Please let us know how things are progressing.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, singinalot said:

is everyone sick of hurricane coverage or would you like to see some updates on how today is progressing here?

Yes, Please update your current conditions................Latest they have said on TV once this Hurricane crosses the state , it will exit near Daytona Beach. But still moving very slow.

39 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Since I have not posted much lately, how about a vehicle related story?  It involves things I didn’t know about or even thought about. 

We started noticing a funky smell in one of our Toyota SUVs.  At first, I thought maybe one of the grandkids spilled something, but there were no obvious signs of a spill.  In the process of cleaning, I pull out the weather tech mats, and one is wet, on the underside.  So now I am thinking, how could they make a spill and not get any IN the mat?  In the commercials everything ends up there, and not in the carpet. 

Well, the carpet was soaked, but where was it coming from?  It turns out, it was from clogged sun roof drains.  I never even thought about there being drains for the sunroof, let alone them getting clogged.  I mean, we rarely even open our sunroof, unless it is to let our granddaughter climb out it to the roof to be patriotic.  How much rain or debris can find it’s way in. 

E0E98D99-5415-4F8D-8A8C-761135BD7F2B.thumb.jpeg.ca7b3cf9beb5abf0d919db6e7edaa8e1.jpeg

When I opened the sunroof and looked in the corners, they are filled with water since it isn’t draining, and the water in the drains was finding its way to the floor and soaking the carpet.  In the Toyotas they route these drains through the “A” pillars and “B” pillars. 

I can’t believe how much junk I got out of the drain and where it outlets. Another problem solved, but I would have to question why Toyota would route their drains where they do.  

So a word to the wise, check your drains.  It took me a couple days lifting carpet, running fans and dehumidifier to dry it out. 

I assume all makes have some kind of drain.  Now I know. 

Of course, in Florida today, I think a lot of cars will end up with soaked carpet, and this will probably not be the cause. 

About  2 or 3 years ago, my wife took her 2015 Lexus RX350 (sister car to the Toyota Highlander) to the  dealer for routine maintenance. Well unbeknownst to me,  in addition to the manufactures maintenance schedule, the dealer had their own schedule that included a few dubious items such as deodorizing  the air vents for an additional charge.  I didn't find out until after the fact. I remember cleaning the sunroof drains was one of the items that I felt was a scam. Good to know that it wasn't.

So, while I'm sorry for your unfortunate mess, I'm glad to know that it's a real thing & not a scam.

• Like 2