Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just found out Bella's sitters have had both their injections. 

They are both 70+, but say there's so much animosity for those that have had the shot, they aren't telling folks. 

What a strange world this has become

That's the understatement of the day ....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We have a bunch of March birthdays.  ....  We celebrate quite a bit in March!!!!

Same here, well, almost.

My father was 1st, then our oldest son on 14th (I like to tease him that the Prince of Monaco is also on  14th 😉) and I on 17th.

Marietta, you win 💐🌷🌷

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here, well, almost.

My father was 1st, then our oldest son on 14th (I like to tease him that the Prince of Monaco is also on  14th 😉) and I on 17th.

Marietta, you win 💐🌷🌷

My brothers birthday is March 17th St Patrick's Day.

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here, well, almost.

Marietta, you win 💐🌷🌷

My mom and Laura are 3 days apart

Pisces is not a good match for me😉

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Same here, well, almost.

Marietta, you win 💐🌷🌷

March 14...That would be Pi Day.  You can celebrate by having pies.

My MIL's birthday is 3/14 also. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just found out Bella's sitters have had both their injections. 

They are both 70+, but say there's so much animosity for those that have had the shot, they aren't telling folks. 

What a strange world this has become

Comic in the newspaper called it "Vax Envy" :classic_rolleyes: I'm happy that other people are getting vaccinated. The sooner they all get theirs, means the sooner we can get ours. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

As one who follows the science, I was excited last week when I saw our forecast for today.  Evidently the weatherman says it is a perfect day to make an igloo. 

Is that in F or C? If in F -- it seems very coooold to me... considering our forecast 😉

IMG_6070.jpg

• Like 1

I was supposed to be the first baby born on New Years.  When my mom went to the hospital on New Years Eve they gave her something to slow down labor so I would be the first baby in the new year.  It backfired, I was born on January  7th instead.  Those days they gave good gifts to the first baby, so I started out life being left outa d I am left handed.  Hmmm

• Like 5

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Unfortunately, my BIL did not survive his stroke.  The family is devastated but is taking some solace that he is an organ donor and they have already found a match for his kidney in California.  They were able to see him in the hospital before he passed following strict rules.  Two people could visit for 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for another 15 minutes, followed by 2 more people for an hour.  Not sure how they came up with that rule, but it let his immediate family and brother say their goodbyes.  Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I'm sorry for such sorrow. Hugs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Back at the beach. Dreary day

Been like that here for the last several days.  As I've told several new neighbors, this weather was NOT mentioned in the Florida brochure.  Everyone keeps telling me that it's unusually cold.  I keep reminding myself that I'm not having to deal with weather like @h20skibum's forecast.  Looking forward to March weather.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Is that in F or C? If in F -- it seems very coooold to me... considering our forecast 😉

IMG_6070.jpg

Yes, that is in F.  We did have one of the days next weekend forecast at -1°F, but thankfully they raised it a little. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

OK...call me big chicken.  😮 🐓  But did not have the tooth pulled.  After heart to heart nice conversation with the dentist...we decided to wait a year...but can always come back earlier if the infections return.  What changed our minds, was the wisdom tooth showing on the Xray that was not only not decayed or infected, but in fact was starting to drop on it's own...starting to separate from the jaw.   Welcome to old age.  😉  Will be easier to remove later.  I had no idea they did that.  

Another reason to delay was due to getting the Covid vaccine.  If I were to get an infection due to surgery on the tooth removal, I could not go on antibiotic.  I have had the first Covid shot, and am to get the second on Thursday.  Was warned by pharmacist of the same thing when I got my pneumonia shot months ago.  

I guess we could say that was something positive out of covid

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Pat.

Fortunately it was a mild heart attack.

Anyone with serious health issues was in the priority groups already vaccinated.

I had Covid19 in November and was poorly and spent 3 weeks in bed at home so hopefully it has given me good immunity.

Eric's Transplant Dr told him he cannot get the vaccine for at least 30 to 60 days after he has a negative covid test.    She said they are also starting to ask people that have had covid in the last 6 months to wait and allow others to get the vaccine since they don't have the antibodies.    That is the first time I heard that being said by a Dr.

• Like 1