Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have no problem using Chrome. Could you try quoting me using your Samsung browser and see what happens?

I am quoting you from my Samsung Internet Browser. First time using it so I had to download the latest version,  dated Nov 1st. 

Android version is Nov 3rd. 

Phone is Samsung Galaxy S10e

Edited by HBE4

11 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Last night, our granddaughter Meghan and her team became  the CCC North Champs in Girls Field Hockey.  Meghan is also a Captain on her team.

Luckily for us, we're able to watch our grandchildren on YouTube for most of their games.

On Thursday evening, we were watching Meghan's game.  They were ahead 1 to nothing for most of the game, and just toward the end of the game, the other team scored, tying up the game.  They were going into overtime, and whichever team scored first, they would win the game.  The clock was set for 10 minutes, and both teams went onto the field.  I looked down at my phone, and Meghan's team scored, winning the game!  So exciting for the girls...I can't believe I missed the shot...they couldn't have been on the field for an entire minute when I looked away.

Congratulations to Meghan and her team😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So..right after posting about 15 minutes ago, again, I went to "like" someone's post, and again CC came on saying "This Community is Temporarily Unavailable.  I closed my chromebook, waited a few minutes, and I'm again able to get back on.  Any one else getting this message?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I am quoting you from my Samsung Internet Browser. First time using it so I had to download the latest version,  dated Nov 1st. 

Don't know if it's my imagination but the Samsung browser seems  to load CC quicker than Chrome or Firefox.  I might make that my default for all my browsing activity  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MJSailors said:

Hello Everyone

I have had sign in issues for days !

I was able to read posts, but could not comment or hit the “buttons” for a response.

Taking this opportunity to send good wishes to all.

MJ🙋🏻

Hello MJ!  😊

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

You need to upgrade your phone so you can have problems too.😇

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

So..right after posting about 15 minutes ago, again, I went to "like" someone's post, and again CC came on saying "This Community is Temporarily Unavailable.  I closed my chromebook, waited a few minutes, and I'm again able to get back on.  Any one else getting this message?

That happens to me occasionally.  Usually have to wait a minute or two & then everything is fine. 

Maybe CC has issues with too many people posting at once? Just my WAG.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Last night, our granddaughter Meghan and her team became  the CCC North Champs in Girls Field Hockey.  Meghan is also a Captain on her team.

Luckily for us, we're able to watch our grandchildren on YouTube for most of their games.

On Thursday evening, we were watching Meghan's game.  They were ahead 1 to nothing for most of the game, and just toward the end of the game, the other team scored, tying up the game.  They were going into overtime, and whichever team scored first, they would win the game.  The clock was set for 10 minutes, and both teams went onto the field.  I looked down at my phone, and Meghan's team scored, winning the game!  So exciting for the girls...I can't believe I missed the shot...they couldn't have been on the field for an entire minute when I looked away.

Congrats to Meghan!  It's exciting when we get to watch our grandchildren experience success like championship games.  I bet that was fun for you. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

15 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That happens to me occasionally.  Usually have to wait a minute or two & then everything is fine. 

Maybe CC has issues with too many people posting at once? Just my WAG.

Just happened to me a few minutes ago 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Don't know if it's my imagination but the Samsung browser seems  to load CC quicker than Chrome or Firefox.  I might make that my default for all my browsing activity  

What is weird is when we all got knocked off and then I was able to get back on with the Samsung browser CC was loading a lot quicker.   Now the only time it slows down for me is when I hit the Submit Reply button.

Your Samsung browser might be faster right now because it's history cache is not as full as your other browsers.  Or you don't have several tabs open in it yet.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Congrats to Meghan!  It's exciting when we get to watch our grandchildren experience success like championship games.  I bet that was fun for you. 

Thank you, John!  It really is great watching the kids play.  A big help with following Meghan, is that she has pink sneakers.  The majority of the girls on the team have long dark hair like Meghan, so the sneakers are most helpful!😉

When Ava is playing (although we're fortunate to watch in person) it helps that her hockey stick is yellow, and her captain arm band is yellow also.  It just makes it to much easier to follow!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You need to upgrade your phone so you can have problems too.😇

I guess I like old, out-dated equipment that works just fine. I'm funny that way. 😉

And while the software on my phone is up-to-date, it is an older, different version. 

Screenshot_20221105-152439_Settings.thumb.jpg.c8e2669c98145a54a2b87e671ed438b9.jpg

812257150_Screenshot_20221105-152511_Devicemanagement.thumb.jpg.7bad8efc319dc13b18fd52df96929204.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Your Samsung browser might be faster right now because it's history cache is not as full as your other browsers.  Or you don't have several tabs open in it yet.

Ah, makes sense. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Braved an upcoming storm yesterday to have a cataract consultation.  Surgery on 1st eye is scheduled for Tuesday. I know most of us "older" folks have had this surgery but I'm still nervous since I'll be "up" and eye just numb. The thought of being aware of someone poking around the inside of my eye fills me with slight dread.  As it is now, I can barely read my computer and very glad I have a touchscreen to tweek everything larger.

I remember years ago, my mother's reaction after cataract surgery.  She said it was like a veil lifted from her eyes and she could see clearly again.  Hope that happens to me.

Please try not to worry. My mom had her’s done in 2020 at 79 and my MIL the same year at 72. They each had both of them done on the the same day. My mom recovered quicker, 3 days almost back to full normal and my MIL took closer to a week.  They both would have used for mother’s description.

On the ankle front, feeling slightly less pain when walking.  Yes!

So looking forward to our Feb and Mar cruses, you have no idea!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

Glad to hear your ankle is feeling better. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby had Cataract surgery a few months ago.I am very leery of my eye being probed.I try to avoid any surgeries if I can help it .I have had 3 and that is enough.My father was healthy till age 69 ,only had one surgery in his life and lived to 86.

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think the samples should be about a half an ounce but even if I did all the VIP selections, that's a lot of whiskey. Luckily I know my tolerance level and when to shut it down. I will try the Appleton 15.

Wishing you all the best in your upcoming surgery. I still have no idea how they can poke in there but they can. I hoping you can get relief and be able to see more clearly.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@BonTexasNYCharlie had cataract surgery on both eyes, not at the same time, and all went well.  
You will do great!  Happy the ankle is better😃

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Bonnie, I understand your anxiety about the surgery.  I felt the same way.  Can your dr prescribe something for the day of surgery?  I have anxieties at times, and the dr gave me something to take.  I've had both eyes done...truly, it's a piece of cake!  (not really cake, but you'll be amazed at how painless it is)  The biggest bonus is...wait for it....no more eyeglasses!!!!  It's a win-win!  You'll do great!

Great news about your ankle!!!!

LOL--Jim uses the word knucklehead!!

It's so crazy that cats go into small objects;  I saw where a cat actually climbed into an empty fish bowl and fit!  (or was it here on our thread, that I saw it??🤷‍♀️)

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Please try not to worry. My mom had her’s done in 2020 at 79 and my MIL the same year at 72. They each had both of them done on the the same day. My mom recovered quicker, 3 days almost back to full normal and my MIL took closer to a week.  They both would have used for mother’s description.

Thanks, Lenny, Greg, Marielle, Maryann, Andrew!

Maryann, congrats to Meghan and her team!  

Greg, how is your shoulder?  Any residual knee pain?

Andrew, I remember when your mom and MIL had those surgeries.  Hard to believe it's been 2 years!  Glad they bounced back quickly.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Braved an upcoming storm yesterday to have a cataract consultation.  Surgery on 1st eye is scheduled for Tuesday. I know most of us "older" folks have had this surgery but I'm still nervous since I'll be "up" and eye just numb. The thought of being aware of someone poking around the inside of my eye fills me with slight dread. 

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

My wife had hers done in 2021. It was over before she knew it and  she felt no pain.  She couldn't be happier with the outcome.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Greg, how is your shoulder?  Any residual knee pain?

Shoulder is doing ok depending on what I try and do. Sometimes I think it's doing better than my knee. The knee has been struggling but most in part because I have been putting up Christmas decorations. Lots of up and down stairs and ladders. It's been pretty sore. Who knew Christmas would be hazardous for your health? 😉

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Shoulder is doing ok depending on what I try and do. Sometimes I think it's doing better than my knee. The knee has been struggling but most in part because I have been putting up Christmas decorations. Lots of up and down stairs and ladders. It's been pretty sore. Who knew Christmas would be hazardous for your health? 😉

The burglars from Home Alone?

Hope you share photos later of all the Christmas decorations you put up.  Sorry you knee is giving you grief but with your love of Christmas I can understand that the pain is not going to stop you decorating the house for Christmas.

• Like 4