Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Made up a new recipe tonight.  Deconstructed Jalapeño poppers.

The 1st layer is chopped up Jalapeños,  2nd philadelphia cream cheese,  3rd sharp cheddar and 4th bacon.  It tasted good.   Next time more Jalapeños and philadelphia cream cheese.  Less cheddar cheese.  It was so much easier to make and less clean up. 

20221105_184647.thumb.jpg.a8306694238d82953a67f7f01cd1e6a4.jpg

Could you give a bit more of a recipe?  This sounds delicious!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We worked on leaves today.  Filled up 6 big cans of mulched leaves from leaf blower/mulched and emptied the riding mower baggers into the Gulley several times. 

Still have lots of leaves on our maple tree.

Tomorrow we will help my neighbor, her Daughter will be over to help us clean up her yard.

Then in the afternoon we will go do leaves at Eric's Moms.   As you all know she is a nasty lady so I have no plans of going inside and hopefully she won't come out.  She rarely does.   

My allergies are really bad tonight.   We had a high of 77 today.  Tomorrow to be 80 f.   

It was close to 70 here today. I went for a bike ride wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I should have done some yard work but it didn't happen. I don't think it is looking good for tomorrow either.

• Like 5

On 11/4/2022 at 5:03 PM, brillohead said:

So weird to see people talking of Batavia, NY... such a tiny little town for so many of us to be familiar with it.  

My ex-MIL lives in Middleport, and all the various relations live all around that area in Lockport, Gasport, Fruitport, Medina, Batavia, Albion, etc.

Heck I've even heard if Batavia and I'm in Ontario.  Being a kid in the 70's the Buffalo TV station was one of the few we received.  Good old Irv Weinstein mentioned Batavia everytime there was a fire there snd pretty sure it was mentioned daily in the weather forecast. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Shoulder is doing ok depending on what I try and do. Sometimes I think it's doing better than my knee. The knee has been struggling but most in part because I have been putting up Christmas decorations. Lots of up and down stairs and ladders. It's been pretty sore. Who knew Christmas would be hazardous for your health? 😉

Greg, maybe you need some PT?  I hope you get permanent relief soon. No fun living with pain like that.

1 hour ago, NHProud said:

I felt the same way as you . The laser surgery was painless .  All you see is what looks like sparks .  The weeks of follow-up eye drops are a bit of a hassle .Now , I have macular degeneration and I wish there was an easy solution to that problem.  

So sorry about your macular degeneration.  I hope something can be done for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Could you give a bit more of a recipe?  This sounds delicious!

I really can't give amounts because I didn't measure anything but I'll try to describe the process.   The whole idea was to use up all my small Jalapeños that I picked while finishing out the garden. Also to do it in a much easier way than filling the Jalapeños and cooking in the oven.

All was done in the bowl you see and cooked in the microwave.  I 1st cut up enough Jalapeños to cover the bottom of the bowl and then microwaved for 3 1/2 minutes to soften them up. They dried up a bit to much so next time more peppers and maybe 3 minutes.   Next I microwaved 3 strips of bacon 🥓 for 2 minutes and 15 seconds.   Next I covered the Jalapeños with a thin layer of Philadelphia cream cheese (more Next time) and a pile of sharp cheddar cheese.   Then I cut the bacon up and covered on top.  I then placed it all in the microwave for about 1 minute.  This was a lot easier than making the traditional Jalapeño poppers. 

I hope this helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My allergies are really bad tonight.   We had a high of 77 today.  Tomorrow to be 80 f.   

Usually I see y'all get our weather a day or two later.  Yesterday it got to 82⁰, storms rolled in late last night and today's high 62⁰.

I hope your allergies get better soon.  Sharon's has been real bad for the last few days.  No fever.

• Like 1

My niece, her husband and daughter from Massachusetts surprised us today.  They were on the Island visiting her 103 year old grandmother!  Also her father, my brother.  We were so happy to see her and her family.  Her little one didn’t want to leave, she kept finding toys all around.  Some day we will have a toy free house, also waiting for an empty nest!!!!

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It was close to 70 here today. I went for a bike ride wearing shorts and a t-shirt. I should have done some yard work but it didn't happen. I don't think it is looking good for tomorrow either.

Mid 70"s here today.  Took Merlin for a walk at 7pm and it was still 71 degrees....crazy

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My niece, her husband and daughter from Massachusetts surprised us today.  They were on the Island visiting her 103 year old grandmother!  Also her father, my brother.  We were so happy to see her and her family.  Her little one didn’t want to leave, she kept finding toys all around.  Some day we will have a toy free house, also waiting for an empty nest!!!!

We are waiting for an empty nest too!!!  He was looking for a house pre covid and then the housing market went nuts.  Now interest rates are nuts.  Oh well......

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Every day of warm weather is one less day of those high heating bills they have been promising this winter.  Supposed to be warm thru Thursday.  That is the day I plan to drain and refill the hot tub for winter. 

Warm till Thursday here too.I do not mind cold weather,I just hate snow.I also hate that tomorrow it will get dark so early.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Will the Astros win tonight as I predicted prior to the start of the series ?

Just before that you predicted San Diego Padres would win the World Series. Even if they win you are batting below 500. Unfortunately Astros have a great team. Go Philly.

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Just before that you predicted San Diego Padres would win the World Series. Even if they win you are batting below 500. Unfortunately Astros have a great team. Go Philly.

If I was right in every prediction I could become a millionaire.I have faith in the Astros .So far it is a great pitching game tonight.The Phillies fans were much louder .I expected the Astros fans to be louder than they have been .