Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yellowstone is back tonight.😁

2 hour episode

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Can’t wait I love that show.

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten all about it.  We’ve been watching The West Wing, I don’t know why we never watched it before.  

• Like 4

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten all about it.  We’ve been watching The West Wing, I don’t know why we never watched it before.  

I have a dozen shows I've meant to watch. 

House of Cards comes to mind.

Off hand, here are some more

Ozark

Breaking Bad

Walking Dead

Weeds

6 Feet Under

Nurse Jackie

Westworld

Etc....

• Like 1

I completed my 5 day quarantine yesterday, so today I donned a mask and ventured out to pick up a few things at the grocery store.  It felt so good to put on a little makeup and some clothes other than sweatpants.  I thought I might feel wiped out after my adventure but so far, so good.  

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

It should be a great season. The show is like a marriage of Bonanza meets the Sopranos 

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Adorable.  How are you & Linda feeling?  

I’m almost back to normal but still tested positive this morning. Linda is a little better still coughing a lot. She’s about 2 days behind me.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Oh Lucas, sorry. I was reading Nextdoor. And was caught up in the neighborhood drama. 🤨 I was wracking my brain, and only coming up with things like Wooly Polar Bear, West Point Brat, your initials....I wasn't thinking of Florida areas. 

And as nice as that sounds, Lucas. I don't think you follow my cruises. My name is Patti, and our last Princess cruise was 28 years ago. ☺️ And that's a little rude. We live in the SF Bay Area and our very best, closest friends are gay. I think there is a lot more diversity and acceptance here, than there might be in Florida. 

We’re way cool in Florida!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Just be glad the sand stopped at crossover on the beach side😉

Our old crossover is about 200' long.

I've posted this view 100+ times no doubt. Our deep dunes are a blessing to slow down wave intensity

20210827_150325.thumb.jpg.88f14bf81428852a76b885981e664e75.jpg

Thanks to Nicole, our DD’s dune walkover isn’t usable. There also is not much beach. It was scoured down to the hard packed sand  

They have deep dunes, but have now lost the biggest one, the one closest the the water. Their  other house got 2 feet of water in the garage, that also ruined the under the first floor AC ducts that they just replaced after Ian.
Our son had waves across his backyard that lapped against the house . His 250 foot dock is missing about 50 feet. The St Johns river has strong currents, and Nicole turned it into an ocean. I’m 

97A846A1-061D-478E-B30C-E4889148F0B1.jpeg

950EF119-4F71-42DE-B03B-4F4737515658.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Living on the ocean is serene. You wouldn't understand. But look at all the folks in middle of state who got flooded out. They thought they were safe being away from the ocean

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I get it.  We're not right on the ocean but being able to walk to see it anytime you want is just...worth it. 

I was working in Southern California in the early 90s when they were having bad wildfires.  A woman's home was burned to the ground and she planned to rebuild.  A news reporter asked her why she would rebuild in a place that could have another wildfire.  Her answer was that there are risks of natural disasters everywhere...floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, fires, etc.  She'd rather live in paradise and potentially have to shovel the ashes of her house, than shovel snow.  Interesting perspective. 

When it comes down to it, everything that really matters to us can quickly be loaded in a car.  Everything else can be replaced by insurance.  The hassle of needing to rebuild would definitely be painful, but the risk is worth it to me.

We are about a mile and a half from the ocean as the crow flies, 3 by car/golf cart, need to go south to get to a bridge over the intracoastal.  We are outside of an evacuation zone and not in a flood zone.  We both worked at insurance companies and even though would have loved to be closer to the water, couldn't take the risk.  Whenever we want the beach is a quick trip away and our community has a nice cabana on the beach so have a great place to sit and watch the waves.  Very happy where we are and wouldn't trade it for the cold and snow any day.

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yes, saw terrible pictures from Astor, Florida, only about 35 miles from you. Happy where we are living up on a Mountain here in Virginia, it would take ALOT of water for us to ever get flooded out.

We like being outside everyday, and living full time  in Florida would just be to hot for us during many  of the months in Florida.

We are about 3400 ft above sea level.

We will get our serene Ocean viewing when we are visiting on vacations. 🙂  That's  enough for us.

Isn't it great there are so many different places we can all choose to live.  Some place for everyone each with their pros and cons.  In NJ we lived on a hill in the woods with 2 1/2 acres.  Was great place to raise our kids but was done with what winter brought most years as well as the maintenance of the house/lot.  Here is a picture of one our neighbors houses after Sandy hit.

FB_IMG_1668185549295.jpg.214f4a0f59f649252f98883cf0519376.jpg

No, it wasn't the norm but bad things can happen anywhere, we each must choose which we are comfortable with.

• Like 7

What a terrible lost for the Buffalo  Bills...............lol  Fumbled snap at goal line, bad coaching should have took the safety.

Guess we can't call it a miracle at the Meadowlands......what should we call it ?

That Bills Player did not catch that ball on the sideline...bad call by the refs there

Should never been tied up.  Officiating in the NFL has been terrible this year.

Edited by Jimbo

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What a terrible lost for the Buffalo  Bills...............lol  Fumbled snap at goal line, bad coaching should have took the safety.

Guess we can't call it a miracle at the Meadowlands......what should we call it ?

That Bills Player did not catch that ball on the sideline...bad call by the refs there

Game isn't over yet.  Overtime!

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

We are about a mile and a half from the ocean as the crow flies, 3 by car/golf cart, need to go south to get to a bridge over the intracoastal.  We are outside of an evacuation zone and not in a flood zone.  We both worked at insurance companies and even though would have loved to be closer to the water, couldn't take the risk.  Whenever we want the beach is a quick trip away and our community has a nice cabana on the beach so have a great place to sit and watch the waves.  Very happy where we are and wouldn't trade it for the cold and snow any day.

Isn't it great there are so many different places we can all choose to live.  Some place for everyone each with their pros and cons.  In NJ we lived on a hill in the woods with 2 1/2 acres.  Was great place to raise our kids but was done with what winter brought most years as well as the maintenance of the house/lot.  Here is a picture of one our neighbors houses after Sandy hit.

FB_IMG_1668185549295.jpg.214f4a0f59f649252f98883cf0519376.jpg

No, it wasn't the norm but bad things can happen anywhere, we each must choose which we are comfortable with.

Personally I would never consider buying a house with that many large trees around it in less I intended to cut down any that had a  chance any landing on my house.

Edited by Jimbo

34 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Game isn't over yet.  Overtime!

It's Over Now !  Vikings Win !!  Terrible INT there by Josh Allen, that guy was not open at all.

6 INT's in the last 3 games, I think he has to gauge it back a notch or 2, he may not be  as elite as he thinks he is.

Edited by Jimbo

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Ive been in that area  (OKC/Tulsa) during Tornado season (April/May) I wouldn't take a house there for free.

And we had earthquakes down there as well

Seminole, OK

Speaking of earthquakes,  Charleston, SC has to build homes to both earthquake codes and hurricane codes. 🤣

And in nearby Goose Creek, the Navy has 2 antique reactors being run by 20 year old kids learning about nuclear propulsion🤣🤣🤣

Used to do it in Orlando I believe

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jagsfan said:

97A846A1-061D-478E-B30C-E4889148F0B1.jpeg

950EF119-4F71-42DE-B03B-4F4737515658.jpeg

Is one of those walk ways a private and the larger one public, seems like a lot of extra money to spend to build that walk way rather then use the public walk - way.

Edited by Jimbo