Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for all the requests to see more of Lizzy and Charlie. I sometimes forget to document their life and growth. Here is a video of one of their nightly routines. I call this game, "Yackity Yack."

This video cracked me up! Seem like a typical brother and sister to me.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

She’s just so graceful and beautiful…hard to take a bad picture!

It is the entire texture of the picture... cat, colors, lighting, shadows. I just think it is a awesome shot. You should have it blown up and framed.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So I would rather talk about good stuff.  This weekend, we put up our Christmas tree.  One of the things I like, are some of the special ornaments.  We have had several pieces of the grandkid’s artwork made into Christmas ornaments. 

Ours went up a week ago, but only decorated yesterday. Didn't want to tempt our GS who we watched while mommy and daddy took a cruise.

20221113_162015.thumb.jpg.dc8a00995060ecb76857076864ad5466.jpg

Have replaced a lot of ornaments from our trees with the kids. They got some, and gave rest away, sold, or pitched. 

Leaning a lot towards travel ornaments lately. Here is our newest one in commemoration of next Christmas on Serenade. I hope to add a lot for that trip😉

20221114_133539.thumb.jpg.295dd759b77c1e0b1dbf3ff90f91dcd8.jpg

This is always first ornament up, and last one off. Dunkin, our OG Westie.

20221114_133606.thumb.jpg.329cebaffbc1a1569414eef788de07cd.jpg

And here is Chewies, our second.

20221114_133553.thumb.jpg.8a1038ba122f4cb4f0a6a28f232a44fe.jpg

I keep telling Bell she'll be up there one day 

20221114_094700.thumb.jpg.71bfd5fc5864954e6f57eafab10743e4.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 27

Speaking of frames…we spent the weekend taking all the pictures I want to take to the new house down and stacking them in my Tahoe.  I actually think I am going to be able to hang everything I want…even though we are downsizing.  Glad we got some packing done…but it’s amazing how much less attractive the house is to me with mostly bare walls!

• Like 8

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I know I have been missing here for about a week, and I am about 40 pages behind.  Sometimes, life just gets in the way.  

This week is shaping up to be much the same, with just a new set of problems.  We are just talking them a day at a time. This morning, I am at the hospital with my daughter, and my granddaughter is in another hospital about 90 miles away. 

So I would rather talk about good stuff.  This weekend, we put up our Christmas tree.  One of the things I like, are some of the special ornaments.  We have had several pieces of the grandkid’s artwork made into Christmas ornaments. 

Granddaughter painted this one on a mini canvas, when she was 4. 

1285BCD8-4F4F-4652-8780-E872112646E5.thumb.jpeg.44d3d026727635f157801e4b655e8d8c.jpeg

Her brother painted a similar one, and he would have been 7 at the time. 

21E24A08-1CB9-4315-A771-C9A0A77A2E76.thumb.jpeg.c5ab5ddd41382724d6d1c48b761bc2f4.jpeg

A few of the others they did since then, had rather abstract forms.  

92320D3A-28F7-4411-8CC3-399C2F79F794.thumb.jpeg.28ba4a033f2d502b1f988f2a74389243.jpeg

3E1FFAD4-F312-493F-927F-0D61C88DEEB8.thumb.jpeg.8c7d4a6ae82b5997fcadee257dde11e1.jpeg

Even my grandson in California had his unique self portrait one.  I don’t think anyone will recognize him from it though. 

BE9B45B1-C06B-4B73-B385-03292E0C6996.thumb.jpeg.035980a84198c0b4e3508081c819625a.jpeg

And, lastly, although not an ornament, this elf is something I cut from scrap wood, when my kids were little.  They took turns painting each section, and they always still look for the elf climbing the tree.  

0111CA2C-50BD-4385-99AF-DEC6858D18CD.thumb.jpeg.7d0c80dde296c3ed9617a2cf0c7cc4de.jpeg

I know I have probably missed a lot here, but I hope all of you are well. 

Prayers 🙏 for your daughter and granddaughters good health and return home from hospital Mark.

Lovely decorations with lots of special memories.

I sincerely hope you all have a very happy and wonderful family Christmas.

Graham.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mets07 said:

I am blessed to have some happy news. 👼 Six days ago our fourth grandchild was born. I can't do names or pics, but this healthy baby is a girl and joins our grandson and other two granddaughters. 

Their ages are 5y, 3y, 1y, and almost one week 😉.

This was the first child for our younger son. 

Best wishes to all of you.

Congratulations!    😃

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I know I have been missing here for about a week, and I am about 40 pages behind.  Sometimes, life just gets in the way.  

This week is shaping up to be much the same, with just a new set of problems.  We are just talking them a day at a time. This morning, I am at the hospital with my daughter, and my granddaughter is in another hospital about 90 miles away. 

Prayers for your daughter and granddaughter.   Beautiful ornaments, great way to preserve the good memories.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mets07 said:

I am blessed to have some happy news. 👼 Six days ago our fourth grandchild was born. I can't do names or pics, but this healthy baby is a girl and joins our grandson and other two granddaughters. 

Congratulations to the family 👣❤️

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We lost our 70 degree weather.  Today was quite chilly and windy.  We worked on leaves yesterday and this morning.  We have enough leaves on trees for one more day, next weekend.

Yesterday while warm Eric hung up Christmas lights, put on bush lights and ground lights around our front flower beds.

I worked on clearing out summer stuff from the garage.  

I winterized the pressure washer and put in the shed.  Have snow blower in garage.  Eric applied winterized to front and side lawns.

Garage almost empty for my convertible.   Eric needs to put his stuff, shop vac, etc back into the basement.  

Every summer I say let's not load up the garage but we do it every summer as it is just easier to have some things handy in the garage than in the shed or basement.

38 degrees here this morning .However,it is sunny

4 hours ago, mets07 said:

Congratulations on your new grandchild .May she have a wonderful life 

Congratulations to her parents and grandparents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

How long ago did you leave BC.  I think prairies would be hard for me to live in.  I need to see mountains every now and again.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures of the Aurora Borealis.  We were hoping to see that when we were going to Iceland in 2019, but alas, we had to cancel when I had gotten sick.

11 hours ago, sgmn said:

Poor little g/son in hospital over weekend. Parents took him to A&E as he was wheezing badly and they admitted him onto ward. They've kept him in for two nights on oxygen and medication to open airwaves. I was going over to hospital today to give parents a break but they are hoping Dr's will discharge as hes much better now and a parent has to be there for discharge 

Other baby g/son also has another cold, only 2 months old and has had a few already 

It is always so frightening when a child is admitted to a hospital.  

God speed with both of your little grandson's recoveries, Sue🙏

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife is heart broken, she followed my Wife around the house everywhere,she was her shadow 

We both are going to miss her greatly.

RIP Graycie

Resized_20221003_114526.jpeg

Resized_20221113_103845.jpeg

Jim, I am so sorry for you and your DW on the passing of your beloved Graycie.  It is never easy when your loving fur babies are no longer with you.  ((Hugs))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just a quick request. 

If anyone has any extra prayers or kind thoughts can you send them my way.  Just having  some stressors added to my life this week. 

Thankfully daughter is fine at 35 weeks. 

Stay safe. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 26

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Granddaughter painted this one on a mini canvas, when she was 4. 

1285BCD8-4F4F-4652-8780-E872112646E5.thumb.jpeg.44d3d026727635f157801e4b655e8d8c.jpeg

Her brother painted a similar one, and he would have been 7 at the time. 

21E24A08-1CB9-4315-A771-C9A0A77A2E76.thumb.jpeg.c5ab5ddd41382724d6d1c48b761bc2f4.jpeg

A few of the others they did since then, had rather abstract forms.  

92320D3A-28F7-4411-8CC3-399C2F79F794.thumb.jpeg.28ba4a033f2d502b1f988f2a74389243.jpeg

3E1FFAD4-F312-493F-927F-0D61C88DEEB8.thumb.jpeg.8c7d4a6ae82b5997fcadee257dde11e1.jpeg

Even my grandson in California had his unique self portrait one.  I don’t think anyone will recognize him from it though. 

BE9B45B1-C06B-4B73-B385-03292E0C6996.thumb.jpeg.035980a84198c0b4e3508081c819625a.jpeg

And, lastly, although not an ornament, this elf is something I cut from scrap wood, when my kids were little.  They took turns painting each section, and they always still look for the elf climbing the tree.  

0111CA2C-50BD-4385-99AF-DEC6858D18CD.thumb.jpeg.7d0c80dde296c3ed9617a2cf0c7cc4de.jpeg

Oh Mark, I am so sorry that you and Susan are going through so much.  Prayers for your daughter and your granddaughter.  🙏🙏

I love the traditional Elf made by you and your children.  I can see where your grandchildren got their artistic talent from!!  

So much prayers and hugs for you all.🙏🙏

5 hours ago, mets07 said:

Congratulations on your newest grandchild!!!!  I know I always say this, and I'll always say it...grandchildren are the Best!!!!!!!!  How Blessed are you!!!

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mets07 said:

Congratulations on the birth of your latest granddaughter.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Just a quick request. 

If anyone has any extra prayers or kind thoughts can you send them my way.  Just having  some stressors added to my life this week. 

Stay safe. 

On their way. Stay calm.🥰

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Just a quick request. 

Stay safe. 

Sending our prayers 🙏 to you.

G&P x.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Just a quick request. 

Stay safe. 

🙏 remember we are all here if you need to vent.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Very sad day here,last night at 1:20 am our Feral Cat we got 4 years ago passed here at home.

She has been through alot but now is in a better place.

Graycie had FIV and later she had Feline Leukemia, she also had to have all her teeth extracted because of infections.

Last few days she wasn't eating or drinking. I really think she knew it was time. I was with her when she passed.

My Wife is heart broken, she followed my Wife around the house everywhere,she was her shadow I used to say. She even used to sleep on my Wife's back while sleeping.She was always close to Wife where ever she was in the house.

First picture is of her helping my Wife working from home.

Second picture was taken just yesterday afternoon

Still with a smile on her face. A real trooper. That is the way we want to remember her.

We both are going to miss her greatly.

RIP Graycie

Resized_20221003_114526.jpeg

Resized_20221113_103845.jpeg

Our  cat sitter brought over this group pictures yesterday after hearing Graycie wasn't good.  Such a nice young lady to do this for us.

20221114_081219.jpg

I’m so sorry. Losing a being, animal or human, that is part of your family is excruciatingly painful. 
You gave Graycie a happy home, and she helped make yours happy. 

No better legacy than that!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sgmn said:

Just heard Dr's want him to stay at least one more night. I think oxygen levels naturally drop at night so though he seems fine during the day, they aren't totally happy with his levels at night 😔

Waiting to hear if we can go over to give them some respite 

I hope both of them are restored to good health quickly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1