Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

97A846A1-061D-478E-B30C-E4889148F0B1.jpeg

950EF119-4F71-42DE-B03B-4F4737515658.jpeg

This posted weird. None of my post showed up but the two photos. The first one is the view from DD!’s deck, a week ago. The second is what the beach and end of the walkover look like now. They can’t use it. 
I akso posted a video which was the river looking back at my DS’s house from his dock, which is now mostly gone. 

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Is one of those walk ways a private and the larger one public, seems like a lot of extra money to spend to build that walk way rather then use the public walk - way.

The left walkway is theirs. The public one was built about six months ago on a public access strip that was inactive till then. To use that, our family would have to walk down their very long driveway, which is gated, and then walk up the long access path. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

And we had earthquakes down there as well

Seminole, OK

In all the time I spent there I never felt an earthquake.  Mind you, in my time here in CA I have only felt two earthquakes and neither were enough to scare me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

In all the time I spent there I never felt an earthquake.  Mind you, in my time here in CA I have only felt two earthquakes and neither were enough to scare me.

They blame it on wastewater disposal related to fracking. Seen it in PA as well. They're pretty mild, just surprising 

St Louis has a big fault just south, New Madrid, but it's not active

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Weather doesn't bother me one way or the orher. I grew up outside Joplin,  MO. The exit for tornado alley. I'd would honestly take an occasional hurricane over regular tornadoes any day. You can prep, or leave with a hurricane. Tornadoes just catch you with your pants down. 

My mother was from Wheaton.  When I was little I remember visiting and my aunt (who is only 8 years older) would go to Joplin with her friends.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I completed my 5 day quarantine yesterday, so today I donned a mask and ventured out to pick up a few things at the grocery store.  It felt so good to put on a little makeup and some clothes other than sweatpants.  I thought I might feel wiped out after my adventure but so far, so good.  

Glad to hear you're out and about, Deb!

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m almost back to normal but still tested positive this morning. Linda is a little better still coughing a lot. She’s about 2 days behind me.

Great that you're almost back to normal.  I hope Linda feels better and loses her cough soon.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I completed my 5 day quarantine yesterday, so today I donned a mask and ventured out to pick up a few things at the grocery store.  It felt so good to put on a little makeup and some clothes other than sweatpants.  I thought I might feel wiped out after my adventure but so far, so good.  

That's Great Deb.   Glad to hear Andy remains well.  🥰

• Like 2

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Weather doesn't bother me one way or the orher. I grew up outside Joplin,  MO. The exit for tornado alley. I'd would honestly take an occasional hurricane over regular tornadoes any day. You can prep, or leave with a hurricane. Tornadoes just catch you with your pants down. 

In 1970 my wife and I did a cross country tour of the US stopping in 43 cities .One of the cities was Joplin,MO.

• Like 1

We’re back!  I am about 70 pages behind and don’t think I’ll be able to catch up.  It is so good to be home after being gone for 5 weeks.  Still waiting for more pictures to be downloaded onto the iPad.  I’ll just share a few photos for now.  I’ll share more about the cruise and photos later.

84255C87-18BC-4576-98E0-89557C6D36E2.thumb.jpeg.6c095d502351c74252dde1aff3995099.jpeg

9E329E9F-C0D8-4356-BDEE-B0B2FEE18513.thumb.jpeg.7449b0886dc1c98c21f3fd3d61460b63.jpeg

236008F8-77F4-4F08-B0BE-46C37BCF7D8E.thumb.jpeg.9e0e26592774185cbfe50e48a358c157.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

We lost our 70 degree weather.  Today was quite chilly and windy.  We worked on leaves yesterday and this morning.  We have enough leaves on trees for one more day, next weekend.

Yesterday while warm Eric hung up Christmas lights, put on bush lights and ground lights around our front flower beds.

I worked on clearing out summer stuff from the garage.  

I winterized the pressure washer and put in the shed.  Have snow blower in garage.  Eric applied winterized to front and side lawns.

Garage almost empty for my convertible.   Eric needs to put his stuff, shop vac, etc back into the basement.  

Every summer I say let's not load up the garage but we do it every summer as it is just easier to have some things handy in the garage than in the shed or basement.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

We’re back!  I am about 70 pages behind and don’t think I’ll be able to catch up.  It is so good to be home after being gone for 5 weeks.  Still waiting for more pictures to be downloaded onto the iPad.  I’ll just share a few photos for now.  I’ll share more about the cruise and photos later.

84255C87-18BC-4576-98E0-89557C6D36E2.thumb.jpeg.6c095d502351c74252dde1aff3995099.jpeg

Welcome home😀  Gorgeous photo!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We lost our 70 degree weather.  Today was quite chilly and windy.  We worked on leaves yesterday and this morning.  We have enough leaves on trees for one more day, next weekend.

Yesterday while warm Eric hung up Christmas lights, put on bush lights and ground lights around our front flower beds.

I worked on clearing out summer stuff from the garage.  

I winterized the pressure washer and put in the shed.  Have snow blower in garage.  Eric applied winterized to front and side lawns.

Garage almost empty for my convertible.   Eric needs to put his stuff, shop vac, etc back into the basement.  

Every summer I say let's not load up the garage but we do it every summer as it is just easier to have some things handy in the garage than in the shed or basement.

You made me tired just reading this !😹😹

• Like 2
  • Haha 3