Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Driving tips, if you have your hands at 10 and 2 and have a accident, the air bag will break both your wrists, have them at 9 and 3 lol. 

Almost qualifies for humor thread. Tips for if you have a accident in the ice or snow. They were going on  and on some lady in Oklahoma went into the median and had to be pushed out and didnt even have a good overcoat or gloves. They are telling me to bring my pillow and food lol. I live in the south, it's not supposed to be this cold. Dallas has the worst weather, too hot and too cold.

Nice to have something 'else' to talk about/hear about these days....I'm on cc far too often, reviewing discussions on the same-ole-same-ole.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Call home from outside, and he could open it manually for you.😉

He never carries his phone (leaves it in the house)...and may check it once every couple of days.  He does not even do internet, and hates his new Android phone (too complicated for him).   Tech savy...not in the least, and  doesn't care.  😉 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Driving tips, if you have your hands at 10 and 2 and have a accident, the air bag will break both your wrists, have them at 9 and 3 lol. 

Almost qualifies for humor thread. Tips for if you have a accident in the ice or snow. They were going on  and on some lady in Oklahoma went into the median and had to be pushed out and didnt even have a good overcoat or gloves. They are telling me to bring my pillow and food lol. I live in the south, it's not supposed to be this cold. Dallas has the worst weather, too hot and too cold.

In Michigan I always kept a "survival kit" in the trunk in the winter time.  😉 

Funny about the hand positions.  I keep two fingers on the wheel at the bottom.  😄  Dangerous blonde for sure.  😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

He never carries his phone (leaves it in the house)...and may check it once every couple of days.  He does not even do internet, and hates his new Android phone (too complicated for him).   Tech savy...not in the least, and  doesn't care.  😉 

Good old fashioned horn. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Nice to have something 'else' to talk about/hear about these days....I'm on cc far too often, reviewing discussions on the same-ole-same-ole.  

Lol just got spectrum back again. Up down, up down. I'm not laughing at accidents, but rather instructions in case I leave home. I'm looking forward to local news, if spectrum can stay up long enough.

Started baking chocolate chip cookies. Happen to have one pkg at home. Thinking better bake them now while I got power. I'll wish later I had.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, island lady said:

Funny about the hand positions.  I keep two fingers on the wheel at the bottom.  😄  Dangerous blonde for sure.  😜

I think the bring food is uniquely southern approach to problems. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

After my son got out of college, he lived in Orchard Park near the stadium, then bought a house in Williamsville.  There was a great deli (Marco’s) up on Maple Road that made the best muffulettas.  That is one thing I miss about going up there.  He only stayed there a few years before moving to the warmer climate in California. 

I grew up very near there, by the intersection of Klein and Hopkins. I went to school at Maple East Elementary, about a mile down the road from Marco’s. 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Huh. I was taught 10 and 2 but my kids were taught 9 and 3. Never knew why that changed. No airbags when I learned to drive. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2021 at 5:40 PM, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks Marietta.

I hope so too. We picked Valentine's Day because our relatives were coming from Texas and NJ. It was also President Lincoln's birthday so it gave them a 3 day weekend. I also always wanted either rubies or emerals in my wedding ring. My birthstone is diamond and Mike's is ruby. So the red and white theme went along with the date. A few pictures. Not the best quality taking a picture of an old photo with my phone. Here is my handsome hubby.

Screenshot_20210214-164948_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-164958_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-171718_Samsung Internet.jpg

A very nice looking couple

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk how much snow we got. Seems someone at the dfw control tower has to physically climb down with a wooden ruler and measure the snow.  Are you kidding me lol. Last time was 7 or 8 pm, 10 degrees, and 25 mph, and they hadnt had a reading from dfw since.

20210215_074410.jpg

Looks like a couple of inches, maybe 4 or 5?     Hope your power comes back on soon!     That is the worst when you loss heat (worst than losing AC IMO).    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

For your own safety, you really should figure out how to open that garage door in the case of an emergency.  All garage doors have to have an emergency release, there is a pull cord hanging, it is typically red or orange.  Pull that cord and it disengages the automatic track.  You can then pull the door up manually.  Once you have power back, you just have to push the door back until you feel it reengage, you can do it!

Image result for emergency pull garage door

just like if you ever get locked in the trunk of your car, they have a safety release too (at least some cars do).    For years I use to joke about trying it out, then one day I did when I was a bit buzzed on wine.   requires you to trust your partner won't leave you there if it doesn't work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Omgosh so cute and looks warm.

I just got power back a little while ago. Seems my gas furnace doesnt run without electricity. Brrrrr. My hands are freezing.

I packed up crack of dawn to drive to my parents, forgetting my garage door is electric. Trapped like a rat. Just now can get the garage door open. It's a balmy 10 degrees outside. I need some florida.

Gas furnaces can't work without electricity as it is needed to run circulators or blowers depending on your system as well as power vents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Since I have a heated steering wheel, during winter I usually have a death grip on it.

• Like 3