Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I look at it as a test drone to see if this is something I really want to pursue farther or not. Looks like this one doesn't really  have a long range it can travel but could be interesting to learn how these things work.

If I were to get one this would be the exact route I’d go. looking forward to arias shots of the deer in your yard. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If I were to get one this would be the exact route I’d go. looking forward to arias shots of the deer in your yard. 

I'm wondering if I could set it on our deck and use the remote from inside our sunroom and fly it around the yard like you mentioned.

Edited by Jimbo

We had a very nice Christmas Eve and Christmas Day brunch at our middle DD’s house.  After about 2 years here on this thread, it’s past time for me to just refer to them by name.  Oldest daughter is Cristina, middle daughter is Jessica and youngest is Ali.  Our grandsons are Andrew, Will and Teddy, granddaughters are Abby and Ellie.  SIL’s are Matt & Sam.  Now you know the whole family, not including pets.  
This afternoon called for a nap and this seems like the perfect way to wrap up the day.  13D4CE6C-B558-4E33-A472-656C4FBFE0FD.thumb.jpeg.1912aab8ad58e37e9d0b083631a058a6.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, akcruz said:

Sorry to hear Jack is feeling so poorly, but glad to see the rest of you are getting better.  Our grandkids were just getting over colds when they came last week, daughter got it while here now Jim are I are both starting.  Hopefully will be over quick.  Will take it though to have spent the time with them.

It was in the 20s here this morning, better than teens yesterday, at least the sun is out.

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, may your holidays be full of love, laughter and most of all warm days. 🌲

For all who celebrate Hanukkah,  enjoy your last evening 🕎 

Thank you, April.  I'm sorry to hear that you and Jim are coming down with a cold now, but as you said, it was worth it to have had your daughter and grandchildren visit!💕

Feel better!  Merry Christmas to you and Jim!🎄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Merry Christmas.   

Have a great day!

🎄 🇨🇽 🎅 

Merry Christmas to you, Sharon and your beautiful family, John!🎄

10 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Simple pleasures are life's treasures.

Get well wishes to Jim!  Glad the rest of you are better.

Thank you, Bonnie!🥰

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We made it through Christmas Eve at my son’s in New Jersey and now we are at our house continuing the Holiday.

A little sad but the kids were happy with their gifts.

Hugs to you all during this Christmas Season, Marietta.❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We left our house in Vienna Ohio at 6  am. Roads around Kent Ohio were icy. Slow traffic 40-50 mph. 
Had to call 911. Car ahead of us weaving into both lanes. One min going 60. The next 25. 
Got connected to highway patrol. Gave them information as he exited. He had to be drunk. 
Glad we called. 

Now let me tell you about road conditions 20 miles north of Columbus thru to Dayton. 
One almost continuous ice skating rink. Cars and trucks off the road In ditches. 5 trucks in ditches on their side. 

What normally would have been a 4 hour 15 min drive took 6 hours. 
Their were plows out dropping whatever they use. But when it’s 12 degrees I’ve not going anywhere. 

I actually had my flashers on for over an hour. 

Glad we made it. 
Baby Zoey doing great. 
Dinner at 6:30. 

Take care. 

B726A1A4-39FE-49CA-A479-1BC6EEDAC5BC.png

Glad you made it safely to your daughter's home today.  Pretty scary roads out there!

I cannot believe that Santa made the time in his busy schedule to take a picture with your beautiful granddaughter Zoey Mae today!   Merry Christmas!!!!🎄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm really happy to notice that this year's Happy Holidays, many posters felt at ease to post pictures of their meals, their kids and grandkids, and, of course -- even of themselves.

So nice to put a face to someone/s with whom we've been virtually in touch for almost 3 years now 🎄

+1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We had a very nice Christmas Eve and Christmas Day brunch at our middle DD’s house.  After about 2 years here on this thread, it’s past time for me to just refer to them by name.  Oldest daughter is Cristina, middle daughter is Jessica and youngest is Ali.  Our grandsons are Andrew, Will and Teddy, granddaughters are Abby and Ellie.  SIL’s are Matt & Sam.  Now you know the whole family, not including pets.  
This afternoon called for a nap and this seems like the perfect way to wrap up the day.  13D4CE6C-B558-4E33-A472-656C4FBFE0FD.thumb.jpeg.1912aab8ad58e37e9d0b083631a058a6.jpeg

Aha ,I have great nephews who are twins named Sam and Matthew and a female family member is Abby.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Beautiful tree and that looks very relaxing, no wonder you napped.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are back home.  Had a wonderful Christmas at my Brother's home.   Unloaded the car, put food away and now in pjs ready to watch some free HBO.  Free all week.  

Eric just poured some eggnog with kraken..so good even though we are still full from dinner and deserts.

Oooh.  I didn’t have any egg nog this Christmas. I love egg nog.  Enjoy your relaxing downtime after your lovely Christmas Day.

Boxing Day here in Australia.  The weather is too nice to go indoors for the crazy Boxing Day Sales.

Instead, I have started early on my New Year’s Resolutions.  Last year they were to do more walking.  Achieved that.  This year, I am planning to add swimming laps on a regular basis, in addition to the walking.DB5175CB-A3F2-4ECE-91CE-B0739BE02E4F.thumb.jpeg.88c3e6abc3b222dacdf17be70dab2f9d.jpeg

5DB7B7A5-A203-40D3-9FCE-ACAD3A54F5EA.thumb.jpeg.9497d04d20d4e9252602ad0ec12713cf.jpeg

Had lunch in the garden afterwards.  So many cicadas (the sound of summer).

Heading to the beach again this afternoon.

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas Day, despite the extreme weather.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2022 at 8:13 AM, Tree_skier said:

Well I made it home two days ago after a long stint away and yesterday SIL and GS and I got to go skiing.  It was my first time up this year and I was pretty nervous. Thankfully the my knee held up pretty well with only occasional twinges of pain.  I stuck to intermediate runs and didn't do anything particularly silly and had a great time.  I know that weight loss would help a lot but sadly I just can't seem to discipline myself.  I've promised DW that after Christmas I'll try again.  I've got two cruises booked in the near future and cruises usually derail my dieting plan.

IMG_0404.thumb.jpeg.eb205301f190843f4176c467849325ea.jpeg

IMG_0405.thumb.jpeg.717af90e05c44c9c087a8ff7908e8561.jpeg

Anyhow, Christmas is upon us.  We are going to Texas De Brazil for Christmas Eve dinner with friends and then joining my daughter in-laws and all of my son in-law's family at my daughter and son in-laws house for a few festivities which will already be well underway when we arrive back from dinner.

Tomorrow we'll spend the morning with the kids, go to church and then I head for a flight to Vancouver to see my sister and Grand nephew.

It's a busy couple of days.

Merry Christmas to all. Whether you celebrate or not, I hope that 2023 is a great year and that whatever your passion is, you live it to its fullest and that every dream is fulfilled.

Dave

So my plans have gone awry. I’ve been sitting in the Oakland airport for six hours. They keep delaying my flight 15 minutes at a time. I’m giving up. I’m standing in line waiting to find out how get my bag back so I can just go home.  I’m not sleeping in an airport which is what the gate attendant just suggested we prepare for. There is one gate attendant and each person ahead of me is taking an interminable amount of time. 

Please pray that I don’t end up on the evening news. 🤪

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So my plans have gone awry. I’ve been sitting in the Oakland airport for six hours. They keep delaying my flight 15 minutes at a time. I’m giving up. I’m standing in line waiting to find out how get my bag back so I can just go home.  I’m not sleeping in an airport which is what the gate attendant just suggested we prepare for. There is one gate attendant and each person ahead of me is taking an interminable amount of time. 

Oh No. And now you are in Oakland, Dave. You keep not telling us when you are up here, although Christmas Day is not ideal. I hope you can get it back and leave for the <drive> home. OAK is definitely not a comfortable airport to spend the night in. 

And you probably want to get home before tomorrow night, when the "Wall of Rain" is supposed to arrive. Weather people are funny. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

On the road to Los Angeles for the Holiday week.  It was 81 degrees today so that probably was the hottest place in the 48 states for the day as many places are experiencing cold spells.

Visited Griffith Park to see how big LA area is.  I never saw the movie, but it was featured in the movie LaLa Land and various concerts:

20221225_113942.thumb.jpg.4a0746cd8c1ee605d411841fbfe4aec2.jpg

20221225_111951.thumb.jpg.ab606b3511c056f40d550123910438b1.jpg

20221225_111839.thumb.jpg.4c7485ceb41252d94595e7a429b2e2b5.jpg

20221225_112636.thumb.jpg.0922d1de7d4d19b10711cc8d445e3f4a.jpg

20221225_112032.thumb.jpg.8f595be5d62825f0556a716f119236b1.jpg

20221225_115914.thumb.jpg.ba70cf7aaa53794480f325f2704f3da1.jpg

20221225_112404.thumb.jpg.9aa581ec0ad1f27139d829937f2ad984.jpg

20221225_113221.thumb.jpg.dfa05dccf95632112cd8eba882d9ea91.jpg

World famous Hollywood Sign

20221225_111526.thumb.jpg.e737cd24499ac26690622eb1397fe0a7.jpg

Vietnamese noodle soup for lunch

20221225_133529.thumb.jpg.4dbbd48eee0656c79f2a95a207884a14.jpg

Hollywood Walk A Fame:

20221225_151936.thumb.jpg.36446b5d11e5248c13cef98e0786794f.jpg

20221225_145704.thumb.jpg.cb0e9ff8723011831a4e264cb5d4b7d0.jpg

These lights are popular with the young Instagram crowd...

IMG-20221225-WA0005.thumb.jpg.2be1059c42c50ecf44b2b5e027635768.jpg

Edited by harryfat1
  • Like 16

54 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Oh No. And now you are in Oakland, Dave. You keep not telling us when you are up here, although Christmas Day is not ideal. I hope you can get it back and leave for the <drive> home. OAK is definitely not a comfortable airport to spend the night in. 

And you probably want to get home before tomorrow night, when the "Wall of Rain" is supposed to arrive. Weather people are funny. ☺️

They’ve announced they have found a new plane and we are supposed to be boarding any minute. I was one person away from the front of the line when the announcement came.  Now I’m sitting at a new gate. There is a plane out the window so there is hope. I almost gave up but was worried that since they just announced the change before I cancelled it would be hard to get my checked bag back.

it’d be nice to meet @Coralc  I’m sure one day our paths will cross. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Dave, driving back to So Cal from my brothers today to avoid the “wall of rain”.  If I’d of known, I would have gladly picked you up and dropped you off in Madera.  Hope your flight made it.

• Like 4