Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Vibe said:

On the Honda CR-V there is a button that you can press when you come to a complete stop. When that button is pressed you can take your foot off of the break petal, the vehicle will continue to hold the breaks on.  When you engage the gas petal to move, the break hold will automatically release.

My Mazda CX-5 works the same way.  Don't use it often, but it is handy occasionally.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2023 at 6:26 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

We do the same with our riding mower during winter when not use.   We also put trickle/tender charger on my convertible and his challenger hellcat that get stored in garage for the winter.    Cost about $10 each and well worth it.

We have never heard of these.  Where do you get the tender charger?

On 1/19/2023 at 7:58 AM, h20skibum said:

This is the newer version of the one I have had for a couple years. It looks like they made some more improvements and lowered the price. 

https://www.amazon.com/WSTOO-Advanced-Breathing-Snorkeling-Panoramic/dp/B07PSGDCDN/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2BC8OYLCS18VP&keywords=w%2Bwstoo%2Bsnorkel%2Bmask%2Bwith%2Blatest%2Bdry%2Btop%2Bbreathing&qid=1674132765&sprefix=W%2BWst%2Caps%2C99&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNDExRDBKTVNWNzQxJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODQ2NjM1MTdERjI1RzNWVzFTVCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwODYyOTM3MVQwT0lPNTZVSktQVCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1&psc=1

It is a good idea to order someplace like Amazon that takes returns. Because of the shape of her face, near her eyes, Susan could not get a good seal.  We tested ours out in our hot tub after we got them.  I know, we probably looked a little silly, but we found out right away. 

Thanks so much, Mark!

On 1/19/2023 at 10:11 AM, h20skibum said:

Here are a couple grandkids pictures for you.  One of the reasons I was missing for a couple days, because they have been trading sickness, and we were watching them. Thankfully it was not Covid.  

So I have an AI app that will give them a movie star look, and you can even swap out backgrounds. 

Grandson tried his first. 

8EBBFB3A-FBC0-4130-BF5E-86822D78C00C.jpeg.a199564ad49e84c9b2eea0968f7bd81a.jpeg

Then granddaughter 

08974D87-D768-42CB-A4A3-55153B2D0BD4.jpeg.4cf632d280f81470145f32d539871c08.jpeg

The kids tried it on both of us, and we haven’t looked that good in years. 🤣

Oh my goodness!  Their eyes are gorgeous!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Ours is mounted on the outside of the house.

My regular tank is under the house. So if I replaced it with a tankless it could be under the house.  Does it take long for the water to heat up?  How hot can you set it. 

4 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Sorry you've had so many expenses lately! Do report back how you like the tankless water heater. Ours is in the attic above the master bedroom, and I worry constantly about it failing and flooding the house (it happened to the previous owners). We have it checked annually in order to avoid that, but I'd like to consider tankless next time so we won't have to continue to store many gallons of hot water above our heads!

In nj most furnaces and water heaters are in the basement or main floor.  My sister moved to SC last fall and hers is on the second floor.     Wondering why it would be any different in the north vs south. 

I too would like to hear feedback about the tankless heater.  Thanks!

On 1/19/2023 at 4:10 PM, MJSailors said:

@jagsfan  Mimi- I didn’t mind wearing the uniforms as there was more money for “real” clothes . In grammar school , Sacred Heart in Glendale,NY, we had to wear saddle shoes. I never liked them.

In HS, Christ the King,Middle Village, NY,we could wear a loafer- like shoe of our choice. I really liked my Bass Weejuns- burgundy with fringe over the top. 

You are right about the uniforms wearing like iron. I think I had two,maybe three skirts for 4 years in HS.

We accessorized with hair bows,ribbons,headbands, earrings and some hand jewelry, and makeup. All within the school guidelines,of course 😉.

I was very fortunate to have very good school years.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

I have good memories of my school years. The sad part is that my closest friends from 13 years of school and after, are all gone.  Most of my graduating class is gone. 

It’s kind of weird th think if I want to ask “Remember when, I have to look in the mirror!” 
Thankfully, I have newer friends to make newer memories with!

B128A0DE-E445-45FD-B535-5956BD249CC2.jpeg

• Like 18

1 minute ago, maggieq said:

In nj most furnaces and water heaters are in the basement or main floor.  My sister moved to SC last fall and hers is on the second floor.     Wondering why it would be any different in the north vs south. 

We don't have basements in Texas. Older homes have theirs in the garage, which makes a lot more sense because there's less damage if they leak. Newer homes mostly have them in the attic, so that builders could make garages smaller and save $$. This is dumb, because now if it leaks, it ruins your ceiling and flooring and requires a lot of repairs. But the builder is long gone, so they don't care.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I have good memories of my school years. The sad part is that my closest friends from 13 years of school and after, are all gone.  Most of my graduating class is gone. 

It’s kind of weird th think if I want to ask “Remember when, I have to look in the mirror!” 

I guess I should have said these were the old friends, not the new ones!

I’m in the back row, left end. 

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Surely, this picture was taken decades ago!  You must be one of their daughters.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We have never heard of these.  Where do you get the tender charger?

We use this type.     

https://www.amazon.com/Orion-Motor-Tech-Multipurpose-Motorcycles/dp/B08LLFQNNJ/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=trickle+charger&qid=1674259047&sr=8-8

Amazon has a big selection with higher priced ones that do other stuff, but we just use the basic trickler/tender for our cars and riding mower.    

Simply hook up to your car battery and plug in the other end to a standard wall outlet.

The basic concept is the unit will send a trickle charge to the battery periodically to make sure you don't end up with a dead battery 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My regular tank is under the house. So if I replaced it with a tankless it could be under the house.  Does it take long for the water to heat up?  How hot can you set it. 

It's instantaneous, the only wait time is however long it takes for the water to get from the heater to the faucet that you're using.  

Pretty sure you can set it the exact same settings as any other residential water heater.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely varies by car.  On my car, if the car is stopped, I press and hold the brake for about a second until I see the word HOLD appear in my instrument gauge.  I then take my foot off the brake and the car stays put.  Either touch the brake again or touch the gas pedal and it disengages.  

Edit: I don't think it's how long I press the brake that engages it but rather how hard I push on the brake pedal.  If I keep light pressure on the brake pedal, brake hold won't engage.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I've not tried activating the brake and then releasing the pedal. I know if I am stopped and even slightly release the pedal the car starts up. It happens before I can even get my foot to the gas pedal. 

I’d likely use this feature if it worked on my car by pressing the brake pedal (assuming it has it) but not if I have to press a button.  I’ll have to try it. 

2 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We don't have basements in Texas. Older homes have theirs in the garage, which makes a lot more sense because there's less damage if they leak. Newer homes mostly have them in the attic, so that builders could make garages smaller and save $$. This is dumb, because now if it leaks, it ruins your ceiling and flooring and requires a lot of repairs. But the builder is long gone, so they don't care.

Our house has two water heaters one in the garage and one between the bedrooms and living room, of course the one that broke was the one by the bedrooms. 

Edited by George C

Lobster night was last night. Wasn't impressed with the taste of the lobster. They didn't seem much bigger if at all. Spoon for reference. They didn't ask if I wanted a second one which I didn't. They probably think not many people are going to pay for a second one.

20230119_200759.thumb.jpg.de7af1efda74fa12c93917ce08a2cf23.jpg

20230119_131523.thumb.jpg.584c2b0078d7d5069b20a68171babcd0.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Lobster night was last night. Wasn't impressed with the taste of the lobster. They didn't seem much bigger if at all. Spoon for reference. They didn't ask if I wanted a second one which I didn't. They probably think not many people are going to pay for a second one.

How is it going with the CP cabin? 

28 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That lobster tail is small!

Your (I think it's an) orchid is beautiful!

I hope you're having a wonderful cruise.

• Like 2

For those who were wondering, I had two entrees tonight (Lobster and Cheese Tortellini) and nobody batted an eye.  The other night I had six appetizers (and no entree) and nothing was said then, either.  

And I've not seen anything said about once-a-day room cleaning, either.

All the doomsayers can just go stuff it, as far as I'm concerned.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

I love that you take plants/flowers to decorate your cabin.  That orchid is beautiful 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ours is under the house, the room that had the tanked heater is now a closet where we keep dog food.  Residential units can be set to 140F.  We keep ours at 110F.  Commercial units, I think go to 180.  I should know that number, but I am not sure.  Commercial units are not code for houses because people can get seriously hurt, but, of course, people do it.  As long as you have scald guard faucets it could work. That is if you want crazy hot water.  I turn it up to 140F when I need super hot water.  I find it doesn’t quite hit that number but still very hot.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, brillohead said:

All the doomsayers can just go stuff it, as far as I'm concerned.  

I read on the other thread no Apple Blossoms?

This could be the beginning of the end, sell your RCI shares now. 😉😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 7