Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Thinking about it.  It would be out of Tampa since we can drive.  It would be on the Grandeur which is a smaller ship.  Just have to be sure about the protocols first. 

I think you are good to go. I wish we could drive to a port. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fall Guy tv series starring Ryan Gosling is being filmed on Sydney Harbour Bridge this morning - with the bridge & Cahill expressway closed to cars, buses & pedestrians from 3am-10am.  Only way to get across the bridge is via train and one might get a glimpse of Ryan doing some stunts in a bridge red jacket.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I'm not familiar with ski glasses, but those look like you can't see out of them. Are they a special kind?

They are mirrored. They have a dark tint it you are looking inside out.  From the outside you can't see in.  Mostly they just look cool. I'm not sure there is any other utility beyond that.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

They are mirrored. They have a dark tint it you are looking inside out.  From the outside you can't see in.  Mostly they just look cool. I'm not sure there is any other utility beyond that.

Similar to a pair my grandson was trying on.  He likes the cool look 

00A39173-7835-4551-9066-BC7A8F8D1E25.thumb.png.65fbc863a507ccfe9cd5051f6270d699.png

I like how you can easily remove backgrounds on the iPhone.  Just learned this recently. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 11

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Asking for a friend.  Cruising out of Tampa or Ft Lauderdale on a 7 night to islands in the Caribbean has anyone been required at any point to wear a mask, take a covid test, or had to prove their vaccination status lately?  Also, on the smaller ships how much effort does one have to put in to book shows and dining?

No reservations needed for smaller ships.  No masks or tests required, and I haven't shown my vax card in ages and ages.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Similar to a pair my grandson was trying on.  He likes the cool look 

00A39173-7835-4551-9066-BC7A8F8D1E25.thumb.png.65fbc863a507ccfe9cd5051f6270d699.png

I like how you can easily remove backgrounds on the iPhone.  Just learned this recently. 

image.thumb.png.a39887712cd3b416d196850157007bd6.png

oh cool I’ve never done that. Thanks. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

This is what I use for ours. 

18CD7F90-F51C-402D-962C-C7182E4D9152.thumb.jpeg.21b6cdea5a5e96634b76549efe65dc90.jpeg

Like most things, it came from Amazon. 

Yes, I have this one too and it works great. I have a few other brands as well. When you have 9 you watch for deals as well. 😁

• Like 2

@Ocean Boy

While flying today the guy next to me noticed we both had Samsung phones. 

He had the S22 Ultra. We talked options for awhile.  I showed him how to turn the background to black and white when shouting in portrait mode. He really liked that.  He would take zoom pics and say look at this!  I guess he thought I didn't know how good of a zoom pic they take. 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Ocean Boy

While flying today the guy next to me noticed we both had Samsung phones. 

He had the S22 Ultra. We talked options for awhile.  I showed him how to turn the background to black and white when shouting in portrait mode. He really liked that.  He would take zoom pics and say look at this!  I guess he thought I didn't know how good of a zoom pic they take. 😂 

How do you turn the background black and white? I only know how to make the entire picture monochrome. 

9 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Eat Malva Pudding for me. I am just going to chill out on my balcony today.
I am very familiar with the Texas on 192. We went to 4Rivers BBQ at the loop last night.

We didn't find the Pudding but we did find the Cheeseburger Spring Rolls at Magic Kingdom 🙂

6 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We need to take up a collection for @Jimbo so he can afford to buy new pants.  🙂 

LOL, That's my most comfortable favorite pants for flying, also if something should happen sure would have to ruin a good pair of pants.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How do you turn the background black and white? I only know how to make the entire picture monochrome. 

First shoot a Pic in Portrait mode.  When taking it make sure the the camera is Saying ready before shooting or you will not be able to adjust the background.  If it says 3-5 feet at the top before shooting you have to adjust your distance to the object you are shooting. 

After shooting go to Gallery and pull up the pic.  If taken properly the pic will say "Change background effect".  Click on it. 

Screenshot_20230121_195933_Gallery.thumb.jpg.1ef8136f4baa050ebe1d9215aaad4b02.jpg

After it opens scroll to the right and look for color point. 

Screenshot_20230121_200017_Portrait.thumb.jpg.fba9c36e5c44690e703075542402e4cd.jpg

There will also be a slider underneath the color point option that let's you adjust the strength of the effect. 

BTW, that's my drink while watching the games. 😂 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It was pretty cool in the parks today and  we had some light rain, so just wasn't a Dole Whip kind of day. Maybe later in the week.

You said parks.  Are you using the hopper?  I just realized today that when we get back from cruising it will be less than two weeks before we head to Disney.  7 Grandkids and parents going.  Nice size group. 

Have a great time. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You said parks.  Are you using the hopper?  I just realized today that when we get back from cruising it will be less than two weeks before we head to Disney.  7 Grandkids and parents going.  Nice size group. 

Have a great time. 

Yes, 5 Day Park Hopper.

• Like 3