Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My lips are sealed... thinking that Ian Ventham is 2 persons was just an example of the difficulty of translating from English into Hebrew [where usually the vowels do not appear, with names being the worst...]

Peaceful days --

I'm happy to "report" that, as part of our golden wedding celebrations, each of us got to chose a "city break"....

So my DH will be fulfilling a dream of actually living in Venice and going to the [Rialto] market every day to buy fresh products and cook them in our rented apt 😉.

We're flying out early Monday morning via Athens, since our original direct flight was moved to late afternoon, and the proprietor wasn't ready to check us in at 9PM....

Direct flights to Venice are very scarce. We have a very short layover in Athens, luckily we travel only with carry ons.

What did I chose, you ask? I've chosen Marrakesh, also fulfilling a dream.... No cooking involved this time....

Enjoy your trip,zei gezunt (be healthy)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, MJSailors said:

. Tonight,we will be watching Midsommer Murders on our Public Broadcasting Station,followed by Broadchurch.

How are you watching Broadchurch?  I watched all 3 seasons just before it left NetFlix and recommended it to others that I know love that type of show.  Plus, I wouldn't mind re-watching the first (and best) season again. 

When I search for it, it appears to be on Amazon Prime - which I have -  but then need to subscribe to PBS Masterpiece for an additional $5.99/month.  I already have 4 streaming services (2 paid for, 2 "borrowed" passwords) and don't really want a 5th.  It's not the money, it's the principle.  I'm already paying for Prime, why are they making me pay for an additional service??

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

At some point yes.  I'm not Flowrider addict like some are here.  This is our first time on an Oasis class ship so I'm not sure where my "hang out" will be.  Each ship I usually end up in one or two place a lot.  

We were on Allure last April.  We spent the sea days in the Solarium on the lounge chairs near the Solarium Bar.  This will be our first time on Oasis.  Sure looking forward to it!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I booked the ultimate dining package on Oasis of the seas last week and the food in 

150 Central Park.

Giovanni's

Chops Grill

was amazing.

IMG_20230204_154635.jpg

IMG_20230204_120025.jpg

IMG_20230204_155616.jpg

We've got the UDP for this one too.  I'm glad to hear the good report.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

How are you watching Broadchurch?  I watched all 3 seasons just before it left NetFlix and recommended it to others that I know love that type of show.  Plus, I wouldn't mind re-watching the first (and best) season again. 

When I search for it, it appears to be on Amazon Prime - which I have -  but then need to subscribe to PBS Masterpiece for an additional $5.99/month.  I already have 4 streaming services (2 paid for, 2 "borrowed" passwords) and don't really want a 5th.  It's not the money, it's the principle.  I'm already paying for Prime, why are they making me pay for an additional service??

That is very strange. I saw Broadchurch on Netflix as well and thought it was excellent.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I hope ,  you are feeling 100% soon .  Take care and stay hydrated.  In the phone interview with a physician about treating my Covid symptoms, he recommended chicken soup . Why ? What are the healing properties of chicken soup ?  After more than 16 days after the symptoms first appeared I’m still without the ability to taste and smell . I’ve lost 5 lbs . 

I hope you get your taste and smell back quickly.  I had covid in May 2022 and I still don't have my taste and smell back.  

• Like 1

Just off Allure.  We had Izumi and Samba grill.  Both were great.  They have cut back the sushi portions to 4 each which for me was plenty.  Park Cafe salad was good. I didn't enter the WJ but DH did once.

Second formal night I ordered the beef tenderloin as usual.  It was hard to saw through, first bite had tough gristle. I could have tried something else but didn't bother. It was truly awful.  Then for dessert one offering was 2 chocolate chips cookies on a plate. For formal night.  The rest of the week was better but not memorable.  I'm not a foodie but the MDR was pretty disappointing. Applebees would be better.  Service was great though.  In and out quickly.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We've got the UDP for this one too.  I'm glad to hear the good report.

All of the waiters were excellent.

The head chef came out and spoke to us most nights.

Ellen the manager of Giovanni's was particularly nice.

We emailed Mr Bayleys office praising Ellen and the crew and we got a nice email back.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We were on Allure last April.  We spent the sea days in the Solarium on the lounge chairs near the Solarium Bar.  This will be our first time on Oasis.  Sure looking forward to it!

DW tends to like the deck above the pool deck off in some corner somewhere.  However, we have a CLS for this one since it is our 30th anniversary.  Between our own large balcony and the suite area above the pool deck I doubt I will find her anywhere else.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

All of the waiters were excellent.

The head chef came out and spoke to us most nights.

Ellen the manager of Giovanni's was particularly nice.

We emailed Mr Bayleys office praising Ellen and the crew and we got a nice email back.

Thanks Graham.  I always try and make note of exceptional service and name them specifically in my post cruise survey.  I never thought about an email to the big boss.  Great idea!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

DW tends to like the deck above the pool deck off in some corner somewhere.  However, we have a CLS for this one since it is our 30th anniversary.  Between our own large balcony and the suite area above the pool deck I doubt I will find her anywhere else.  

I dislike outdoor suite area on oasis class , I like going in the pool and I think it’s too far from pool ,and I hate stairs, I didn’t have a problem finding chairs close to pool . Outdoor retreat on celebrity has totally spoiled us.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NHProud said:

I hope ,  you are feeling 100% soon .  Take care and stay hydrated.  In the phone interview with a physician about treating my Covid symptoms, he recommended chicken soup . Why ? What are the healing properties of chicken soup ?  After more than 16 days after the symptoms first appeared I’m still without the ability to taste and smell . I’ve lost 5 lbs . 

For 2 days because of the cough making my already sore throat feel like I had razor blades in it all I could eat was yogurt and ice cream. I could not tolerate anything warm or with texture  until today. This wasn"t how I planned to loose my cruise weight. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I hope you get your taste and smell back quickly.  I had covid in May 2022 and I still don't have my taste and smell back.  

Wow , I’m so sorry !  

it’s been ages since I’ve been to Hampton Beach .  I miss the fried clams and Moxie .  Moxie is an acquired taste .  If I remember correctly you have some connection to Bedford, NH . I’m originally from Manchester. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

David Tennant the star of Broadchurch is in a new Netflix series that just started to air called Inside Man.It was very highly recommended to me .I just began watching it today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

For 2 days because of the cough making my already sore throat feel like I had razor blades in it all I could eat was yogurt and ice cream. I could not tolerate anything warm or with texture  until today. This wasn"t how I planned to loose my cruise weight. 

Since I am on antibiotics that doesn’t allow me to drink due to dental surgery and limited on what I can eat for last few weeks I have lost some pounds also , I am sure the bartender at our favorite restaurant is wondering where we are.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry to hear you had caught covid OB.

Jet lag and people coughing and sneezing on our 9 hour flight  home left me feeling unwell for a day so I took a test which was negative.

Please to hear you are recovering.

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Benzonatate was prescribed for me , my husband and our friend. I thought, I was going to cough myself inside out . 

Get better, soon ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Wow , I’m so sorry !  

it’s been ages since I’ve been to Hampton Beach .  I miss the fried clams and Moxie .  Moxie is an acquired taste .  If I remember correctly you have some connection to Bedford, NH . I’m originally from Manchester. 

My Mom lives near Hampton Falls, not sure who has a Bedford connection. 🙂   

I actually took my Mom out for fried clams this week at Warrens in Kittery, right on the river.  We drove down the coast on the way back so she could check out the surf.  I hadn't driven by Rye beach in a long time.  They had really built up the sand/rock berm to hold back the ocean as you could see how it had flooded over.  Holds back the flooding but kills the view as you are driving by.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks Graham.  I always try and make note of exceptional service and name them specifically in my post cruise survey.  I never thought about an email to the big boss.  Great idea!

Thank you.

The reply thanked us and said they would inform the ship so they can be recognised on board.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

My Mom lives near Hampton Falls, not sure who has a Bedford connection. 🙂   

I actually took my Mom out for fried clams this week at Warrens in Kittery, right on the river.  We drove down the coast on the way back so she could check out the surf.  I hadn't driven by Rye beach in a long time.  They had really built up the sand/rock berm to hold back the ocean as you could see how it had flooded over.  Holds back the flooding but kills the view as you are driving by.

I love fried clams. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Since I am on antibiotics that doesn’t allow me to drink due to dental surgery and limited on what I can eat for last few weeks I have lost some pounds also , I am sure the bartender at our favorite restaurant is wondering where we are.

I wish I had my Schooner Bar bartender to make a Kraken Alexander for me. I think that would greatly improve my situation. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6