Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We did on our first trip to Roatan. We thought we would try something different. Your memory is as sharp as ever!

Which did you like better.  We did Turquoise Bay back in 2018 but it wasn't the VIP experience.  I don't remember them having a VIP experience.  I thought it was just OK. I know Maya Key doesn't include any beverages or food but the price difference is $100.  For $100 I think I could buy a lot food and drink.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Which did you like better.  We did Turquoise Bay back in 2018 but it wasn't the VIP experience.  I don't remember them having a VIP experience.  I thought it was just OK. I know Maya Key doesn't include any beverages or food but the price difference is $100.  For $100 I think I could buy a lot food and drink.

When we did Maya Key food was included but not drinks. At Maya Key there are more things to see like the animals and they had a nice pool which Turquoise Bay did not. Maya Key may be the better deal but I definitely got my money’s worth at Turquoise Bay. The food and drinks were amazing.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

When we did Maya Key food was included but not drinks. At Maya Key there are more things to see like the animals and they had a nice pool which Turquoise Bay did not. Maya Key may be the better deal but I definitely got my money’s worth at Turquoise Bay. The food and drinks were amazing.

Thanks, I went back and looked and, indeed, lunch is included.  That gives me more money for drinks 🤡 I think I"ll stick with that.  Thanks for the help.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thanks, I went back and looked and, indeed, lunch is included.  That gives me more money for drinks 🤡 I think I"ll stick with that.  Thanks for the help.  

Maya Key has included lunch since it became a cruise ship excursion many years ago. Originally, when it was Fin n Flippers it was PAYG.

It is super easy and convenient from the port. It is our go to place when we have young kids with us.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Turquiose Bay had a pool.

Are you saying it isn’t “nice” or it is no longer there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Turquoise Bay is now owned by Mayan Princess group. There have been a lot of “improvements” since we were there several years ago but I am not sure if they were done before or after the take-over. Were the over- the-water-cabanas there when you visited? There are certainly a lot more loungers etc than when we went and it is another location which has become predominantly a cruise line excursion.

These were there but no one was in them and there was no way to purchase them that I saw.  They were still working (staining) on the pier/walk way out to them.  Perhaps I was there just before hand.  All I remember is the they served drinks and I was underwhelmed by the food.  It's sounds like @Sea Dog's experience was very different than mine.  I'm not complaining about the experience just that it was Ok not great.  

IMG_1621.jpeg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

These were there but no one was in them and there was no way to purchase them that I saw.  They were still working (staining) on the pier/walk way out to them.  Perhaps I was there just before hand.  All I remember is the they served drinks and I was underwhelmed by the food.  It's sounds like @Sea Dog's experience was very different than mine.  I'm not complaining about the experience just that it was Ok not great.  

IMG_1621.jpeg

I think they must have been in transition! I went before they even existed and went independently. The guys went fishing.

i would like to go back and try the renovations. I prefer to be away from the hassle of West Bay.

Edited by c-leg5

21 hours ago, Coralc said:

It was very cool! The volcano was very active when we were there 

Serenade2006_HawaiiHiloLavaEntry2.jpg

Kilauea Lava Flow 1.JPG

Serenade2006_HawaiiHiloLava4.jpg

It was when we were there, also!  Unfortunately, my camera wasn't capable of zooming in on the volcano.  Your pictures are awesome!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just back from Owen’s ball team. They mercied the other team with a 20-5.  Owen had a double, a single and a walk. Owen got the player of the game for his team. He got home twice. Now we just have to warm up.

Rugby Tourney tomorrow.  

WTG Owen!!

• Like 2

@Tree_skier here is a rugby tourney update from today.

Each game was 25 minutes, and there was no kicking for extra points. Automatic 7 points with each try.

Beautiful weather today here, 20C and sunshine. The last game was the toughest as we were down a few players from concussion protocols, a fractured finger, and another player with his arm in a sling. 4 games played, with 4 victories.

Owen’s team won in extra time with a try. 7/0 was the final.  Owen had a huge kick from midfield of approximately 50 yards that got the ball into their end zone. They were tackled in the end, and then they got to kick the ball back. Owen deflected it, and then it hit their player who was offside. In the following scrum Owen’s team got possession and ran it in. Chaos. I’m sure I didn’t describe it properly but you get the gist of it all. 

FCE95745-4A34-4788-ADBD-70FB5F4572A8.thumb.jpeg.02045a6b9ef997b1c24d6c8313e3a2a1.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 12

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

It is nice you are able to see so many of your grandkid’s activities.  We are fortunate that we can see so many in person, for the two that live here.

Our grandson plays first base, and he is good at that position.  We will be off to another game tonight.

Our granddaughter is better and is back to school today.  Unfortunately, she may have passed it to me, because I feel something starting this morning. 

As far as the cardiologist, it is watch and wait to see if it progresses to the point where surgery is needed.  I got the same response from the surgeon at Cleveland Clinic, after they looked at my records. Will have to see if it progresses any when I get another scan in the fall.

Action-packed base, for sure!  Is your grandson tall?  Glad your granddaughter is better;  now you have to make sure you take care of yourself.

Jim's Cardiologist told us we'd know when it was time for Jim to have his heart valve replaced.  We came home from Florida and mentioned Jim's exhaustion...sure enough, it was time.  

Best wishes, Mark🙏

• Like 7

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Turquiose Bay had a pool.

Are you saying it isn’t “nice” or it is no longer there?

There could have been a pool but I did not see it.  I thought it was very nice.

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Turquoise Bay is now owned by Mayan Princess group. There have been a lot of “improvements” since we were there several years ago but I am not sure if they were done before or after the take-over. Were the over- the-water-cabanas there when you visited? There are certainly a lot more loungers etc than when we went and it is another location which has become predominantly a cruise line excursion.

When we there they had the over the water cabanas. Not sure how they were but they were not in our package.

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Tree_skier here is a rugby tourney update from today.

Each game was 25 minutes, and there was no kicking for extra points. Automatic 7 points with each try.

Beautiful weather today here, 20C and sunshine. The last game was the toughest as we were down a few players from concussion protocols, a fractured finger, and another player with his arm in a sling. 4 games played, with 4 victories.

Owen’s team won in extra time with a try. 7/0 was the final.  Owen had a huge kick from midfield of approximately 50 yards that got the ball into their end zone. They were tackled in the end, and then they got to kick the ball back. Owen deflected it, and then it hit their player who was offside. In the following scrum Owen’s team got possession and ran it in. Chaos. I’m sure I didn’t describe it properly but you get the gist of it all. 

FCE95745-4A34-4788-ADBD-70FB5F4572A8.thumb.jpeg.02045a6b9ef997b1c24d6c8313e3a2a1.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this with me.  One of the biggest things I miss in my life, as it is currently constituted, is my involvement with youth rugby.  Congratulations, on a great day, those look like some fierce competitors.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Action-packed base, for sure!  Is your grandson tall?  Glad your granddaughter is better;  now you have to make sure you take care of yourself.

Jim's Cardiologist told us we'd know when it was time for Jim to have his heart valve replaced.  We came home from Florida and mentioned Jim's exhaustion...sure enough, it was time.  

Best wishes, Mark🙏

My best wishes for  Jim and Mark both.

• Like 6