Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Based on my recent trip to Cocoa Beach, this is an extremely 'light' Snowbird season.

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

They must all be up here. It’s getting harder to find a restaurant without a wait for seating. Plus 80th Bikeweek starts tomorrow and everything is getting packed. Lots of vendors. The only big vender/manufacturer missing is Harley-Davidson. They are not coming. They did send their demo truck but no display. 

M8

Yeah they are all up here in Volusia.  Traffic is horrible and Bike week has not even started yet.  I was hoping it would be lighter but sadly it isn't

• Like 3

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We just added a 4/5 b2b on Mariner in Dec '22

VP suite. That might be my favorite cabin

I also booked one of those cabins.  I had one on hold for December 22 and March 23 but gave up the December one and kept the March one.  Only 4 days.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, George C said:

Not a good day for us, had a very nice dinner last night then on way home car hit ours and speed off, will check to see if any stores in area have cameras. Luckily we are fine and car is drivable, we were going to get trade it in for a new car within the month. 

That stinks you now have to deal with that.  Happy to hear you are both ok!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Graham,

What a beautiful video set to my favorite song of all time. It actually made me tear up a bit.

Thank you.

Meanwhile I was waiting for the sheep at :12 seconds in to fall off the cliff.  I guess I was looking for a different type of darkness. 😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, George C said:

Not a good day for us, had a very nice dinner last night then on way home car hit ours and speed off, will check to see if any stores in area have cameras. Luckily we are fine and car is drivable, we were going to get trade it in for a new car within the month. 

This sucks.  I'm sorry that you have to deal with this.  One can only hope that Karma will call for them. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm early 50s and Eric is 61 and we are both getting our first shot today at 3 pm in PA.

Supplies are increasing this month, you may get yours sooner than you think.

Good luck Debbie and Eric too for your first vaccine jabs.

Hope everything goes well and that you have no side effects.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Graham,

What a beautiful video set to my favorite song of all time. It actually made me tear up a bit.

Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful video.  I haven't heard that song in ages always brings a tear or two.  Thank you Graham🥰

Love that song as well. I also really like this version. By Disturbed.   Not sure there will be any tears though. 😉

@A&L_Ont might want to check out the official video, not the one I posted. That one is a bit more bleak looking. And disturbing. lol

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful video.  I haven't heard that song in ages always brings a tear or two.  Thank you Graham🥰

I enjoyed it too Debbie and hoped my friends on here would like it too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, George C said:

Sorry to hear this George.

I hope the police catch whoever did this.

Graham.

34 minutes ago, George C said:

That sucks. Hopefully they'll find the person and his insurance will pay for the repairs.  I hate sinking money into a car that I'm about to get rid of. Not to mention the trade-in value is going to take a dent (pun intended).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Do you read the newspaper? The dallas paper said yesterday dallas schools would keep the mask requirements in place. Local news was full of which stores would require it or not enforce it. Just follow the news and it's obvious little will change. Restaurants arent big carriers, some might open, I have hopes of my favorite mexican restaurant reopening. You say you fear covid #s will keep climbing, except they are decreasing. ..I do get the online copy of dallas news. I can go back and find it, that dallas schools will keep requiring masks. No change.

I was just mentioning what restrictions were formally lifted by Gov. Abbott..  Maybe covid #s were decreasing because there was a mask mandate? The numbers will be telling weeks from now. I live in the Dallas Metroplex and hardly venture into Dallas proper.  I hope your favorite Mexican restaurant opens.  Stay safe.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Love that song as well. I also really like this version. By Disturbed.   Not sure there will be any tears though. 😉

@A&L_Ont might want to check out the official video, not the one I posted. That's a bit more bleak looking. And disturbing. lol

I like this version of the song too.  The official video is even grittier, he really does a great job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We’ve been open in Florida for some time. Our ICU bed availability is normal for snowbird season.  Individual businesses and cities have their own rules regarding masks.  Our schools have been open with very few problems. Just be responsible for yourself, that’s what we do. 

M8

Thanks M8, very sensible post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was just mentioning what restrictions were formally lifted by Gov. Abbott..  Maybe covid #s were decreasing because there was a mask mandate? The numbers will be telling weeks from now. I live in the Dallas Metroplex and hardly venture into Dallas proper.  I hope your favorite Mexican restaurant opens.  Stay safe.

I live here too. I read target and kroger will still have mask mandates. Tom thumb will not police masks as before. I talked to someone at a Burger King yesterday with a 25% sign posted at their dining room and was told they will allow anyone now to eat in. Idk if my mexican restaurant has gone bankrupt already or will reopen. Maybe look at florida how things will be. Imo it mostly will change restaurants being allowed to open. Since studies show they are not big spreaders, it shouldn't affect the declining numbers. Let's let it play out. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Would you want to watch it if it wasn't?

No way, but some guests are certainly better than others. From the preview it appears as though there could be some drama between the sheets this season. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sheal said:

I guess that is the downside to having pets.  No loopy-loops around the med.  We did do a WB almost 15 years ago when I had my first dog.  Although that one wasn't as sweet as the latest version (mean is a better description) he didn't require the attention this one needs due to his health problem. 

4 weeks on a ship sounds incredible!  I'd take a few loopy loops then the beeline straight across.  I'm assuming it ends in Florida? 🤣

We became pet less, sadly when my beloved Katie died of the demon cancer at age 15.  First time not going right out and finding another kitten or two.  Decided since we had the means, the time, and no worry about leaving fur babies at home (miss them too much)....we would book a lot of international travel, which I did almost 2 years ago.  Then.....full stop...29 cancellations.  😞   Really bad timing to be pet less.  But starting to have hope and rebooking again.  

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

No, masks did nothing.  We have all been wearing masks for 12 months.  You think the entire USA just decided all at once in January to mask up all of a sudden?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1