Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I posted the above last Sunday.  I started to post the following a couple of times but couldn't hit submit.   

Early the next morning (Monday) she passed away.  She was diagnosed with ALS a month after I was in April.  Please pray for her family.   They have had a hard journey. 

Prayers for your friend’s family. Hard for you and your family too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@dani negreanu Dani, all of Israel and those following the hostage news, have taken the Bibas family close to their hearts, especially those two beautiful boys.  I'm happy you had a few days to get out and live life the way it was before October 7 and the way it should always be.

@Tree_skier For pure laughs, is it possible to add Chevy Chase's National Lampoon Christmas Vacation to your Christmas movie list?

My computer is acting wonky.  I quoted 2 posts, typed responses and they went "poof".  They might  show up after swirling through cyber space.  Stranger things have happened.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Those are my ankles at times!  Compression socks, drinking water, raising my feet higher than my heart and trying to move around to get circulation going helps me.  Of course, staying away from sodium laden foods would benefit but I love those foods and unfortunately, there seems to be sodium in most foods acting as a flavor enhancement and preservative.

On another note, I'm glad your knee recuperation is doing better than the first.  I hope your other medical issue gets resolved.

How is Linda and has she scheduled surgery?

Linda has not scheduled surgery yet.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'll bite.  Best Christmas movie ever.

Christmas Vacation!

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Top 5 greatest Christmas movies that must be watched each year... 

5. Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer (1964)

4. Frosty the Snowman (1969)

3. How the Grinch stole Christmas. (1966)

2. A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)

< insert drum roll here>

1. Die Hard. (1988)

1) Christmas Vacation.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Picture of woman with dozens of pigeons all over her 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Great picture of you two! Glad you are having a great time.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Tree_skier For pure laughs, is it possible to add Chevy Chase's National Lampoon Christmas Vacation to your Christmas movie list?

Absolutely add it.  My list isn't exclusive and only reflect my Christmas traditions 🙂 I don't think I've ever watched it... I'll check it out tonight.  

• Like 2

@dani negreanu  Dani, I’m sorry you have to be living the nightmare you are in. Thinking of you. Prayers for those young children.  

@Ozark_Kid Prayers for you and your friends family. 

@A&L_Ont Yep, needed a tissue. Great stories.  P.S. Your home and decorations are beautiful.

@sgmn  Happy to hear your grandson is better. 

• Thanks 3

We have National lampoon Christmas vacation on dvd and always watch it , Christmas story is a close second , Ralphie and his BB gun and the staff singing Christmas songs at the Chinese restaurant. Sounds like staff of any cruise ship singing happy birthday.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I posted the above last Sunday.  I started to post the following a couple of times but couldn't hit submit.   

Early the next morning (Monday) she passed away.  She was diagnosed with ALS a month after I was in April.  Please pray for her family.   They have had a hard journey. 

John, @Ozark_Kid, I’m so sorry 😞. I will certainly pray for your friend’s family and I will continue to pray for you, too. One of my uncles also had ALS. It certainly is a hard journey!! 
I hope that you will keep thinking about what you also posted:
“ I take OB's advice and avoid most other's ALS experience.  I am currently on 3 different meds right now and can only assume they are making a difference

I am taking it one cruise at a time.  Lord willing and the sea don't rise we will be on Icon next.   

Take care,

Sue ((❤️)) + 🙏

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Little Pooh Bear is leaving for her forever home on Sunday.  Winnie and Robin (Tigger) are leaving for their homes Thursday.  I will miss them but they are a handful right now.

I’m sure they will be wonderful places, but not as good as your place. ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, George C said:

We have National lampoon Christmas vacation on dvd and always watch it , Christmas story is a close second , Ralphie and his BB gun and the staff singing Christmas songs at the Chinese restaurant. Sounds like staff of any cruise ship singing happy birthday.

I must have seen Christmas Vacation at least 20 times and every time I see it, I laugh at Cousin Eddy's antics. Never gets old. 

Continue to enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friends sister passing.

ce95545a86495bf46f7bf26fdab3edcf.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, all of Israel and those following the hostage news, have taken the Bibas family close to their hearts, especially those two beautiful boys.  I'm happy you had a few days to get out and live life the way it was before October 7 and the way it should always be.

+1 🙏 ((❤️))

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Little Pooh Bear is leaving for her forever home on Sunday.  Winnie and Robin (Tigger) are leaving for their homes Thursday.  I will miss them but they are a handful right now.

Resized_20231126_193118(1).thumb.jpeg.abb29e88bc7ff41373e8c42d2246f7c9.jpeg

Resized_20231201_080912.thumb.jpeg.838c03f985d80bbb9207ef2ec659fa43.jpeg

Those kitties have surely grown!  Their expressions suggest the mischief they might create.  

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, George C said:

Dallas has a excellent local theater that does play Christmas Carol every year and we always go, a few years ago they won the Tony award for best regional theater.

Many years ago, we had a wonderful Repertoire Theater in Plano.  We saw Fantastics and Camelot, sitting up close.  Both wonderful, but in my eyes, nobody sang "If Ever I Would Leave You" like Robert Goulet.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We woke at 5.30am and there was a massive burst pipe in our close.

The water board are still here at 15.45pm and dug a big hole and put a new pipe in.

I hope everyone is safe and well and have a better day than us.

I do hope that your pipe has been fixed, since I'm reading your post 7 hours later, Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am so sorry, John.  May she Rest in Peace.🙏 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I do hope that your pipe has been fixed, since I'm reading your post 7 hours later, Graham.

Am I the only one that didn't know what a "close" meant? My first thought was closet, with the t missing, which would have been even worse. ☺️

[ C ] UK uk. /kləʊs/ us. /kloʊs/ a road, usually with private houses, that vehicles can only enter from one end: He lives at 83 Barker Close.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Resized_20231126_193118(1).thumb.jpeg.abb29e88bc7ff41373e8c42d2246f7c9.jpeg

Resized_20231201_080912.thumb.jpeg.838c03f985d80bbb9207ef2ec659fa43.jpeg

Beautiful & love their names.  Did you make the beautiful circular rug under your Christmas tree?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Need a little help from those with Youtube Tv, we signed up for a free 21 day trial,. then $50.99 the first 3 months after the trial and then $72.99 a month.

When we put on either a taped show or a live show and then go to the  Library, Home or Live page while watching the show. Then going back to the show, that library, Home, Live screen over lays the show we are watching.

So my question is how do we lose that screen and go back to the show we are watching with out it backing out of everything and losing what we were watching?

Edited by Jimbo