Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

The good doctor owes me an apology!!!!  I was not sure of my memory, and I had to visit the HAL forum to validate my own lying eyes.  According to the resident scholars in that forum, one JHannah and a RevNeal, I am now 100% that it is indeed a deep navy blue that looks black on the water with a white superstructure.  

I still have scars from that forum!🤣😇

jc

HAL ships are affectionately called BHBs

Blue Hulled Beautys.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Last night I finished wrapping.   Today I made my Nana's recipe for stuffing.   Next up is homemade fudge (one batch w/mini marshmallows and another batch with walnuts), then on to making tollhouse chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies and maybe oatmeal if I have time.     This evening for dinner we are continuing with the family tradition of baby back ribs (have been in the smoker on the patio since earlier this morning) and will pick up pizza from our favorite parlor before they close at 7 pm.    

Tomorrow we go to my Brother's for Christmas day and a turkey dinner.   I cheated and bought a french apple pie from local bakery instead of making myself but I have enough other cooking and baking going on this weekend.   

I wish Everyone a Very Merry Christmas filled with peace and joy💖

image.png.0d929d435b9ad3ff8d8be9b32422a15b.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was there once and some guy spotted the pager on my belt. He came up to me and asked if I had any drugs to sell.

A bit of history for those not in the know:

In the 1970s and 1980s Bryant Park earned the unwelcome title of 'Needle Park'. High crime rates and drug sales defined the park. It was poorly maintained, under-used and dangerous. In 1980 the Bryant Park Restoration Corporation was formed and was assigned with the task of revitalizing the park.

Fast forward to Bryant Park today:
image.thumb.png.339682ecf4bc82a4357569581eba3854.png

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

A bit of history for those not in the know:

In the 1970s and 1980s Bryant Park earned the unwelcome title of 'Needle Park'. High crime rates and drug sales defined the park. It was poorly maintained, under-used and dangerous. In 1980 the Bryant Park Restoration Corporation was formed and was assigned with the task of revitalizing the park.

Fast forward to Bryant Park today:
image.thumb.png.339682ecf4bc82a4357569581eba3854.png

Next you can cover the 42nd street transformation.

• Like 3

On 12/22/2023 at 1:24 PM, ValerieJo said:

I would like to add our "Happy Holiday Wishes" to everyone.  

We have a busy few days coming up.  Today I'm finishing up the wrapping and the groceries.

Tomorrow, we have a fun event planned (that we were just surprised with).  Apparently during the summer, the company my son works for had a golf outing with a charity auction.  He bid on the one of the prizes and won it.   So, several family and friends are invited to attend a performance of Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Little Cesars Arena (where the Detroit Red Wings play).  He won a suite, so we will all enjoy the show from a great vantage point.  I'm really looking forward to it.

On Sunday morning the kids will all come over for brunch and presents.  Then on Monday we'll all head to my brother's house for a visit with extended family and dinner.

May you all have a joyous season!

Val & Doug

On 12/22/2023 at 2:19 PM, Arzeena said:

I love Trans Siberian Orchestra. Have been to quite a few performances, although I am not at all a "concert" person.

May you, Doug and family have a wonderful season! We are looking forward to seeing you both on Bella 2 and telling Doug that I recognize him from the CC picture! LOL!

I hope you enjoyed the concert.  We saw them 2 weeks ago in Toronto.  Our second time seeing them live.  

• Like 4

Wishing everyone an early Merry Christmas because something will come up and before you know it over a week will have  passed and I'll be reading another 27 pages of posts getting caught up.

A crazy week for sure with trying to get ahead of the game with making final payments and other things so that there won't be much to do over the next week. 

We leave on the 27th. DrIve to Florida, a couple days at theme parks and then board the Odyssey for the 6 night NYE sailing.

Enjoy the holidays!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wishing everyone an early Merry Christmas because something will come up and before you know it over a week will have  passed and I'll be reading another 27 pages of posts getting caught up.

A crazy week for sure with trying to get ahead of the game with making final payments and other things so that there won't be much to do over the next week. 

We leave on the 27th. DrIve to Florida, a couple days at theme parks and then board the Odyssey for the 6 night NYE sailing.

Enjoy the holidays!

Merry Christmas to you and your family🥰    Here's hoping for a nice easy drive to FL with great weather for your holiday!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful table setting.   I would like to take the class on how to fold napkins into the shape of a tree.  Where do I sign up?

I’m sure Sharon would show you. 😀

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, George C said:

Yes when I grew up they played in Brooklyn 

After the Dodgers left Brooklyn,  Ebbetts Field seats were placed in NYC parks, one of which was in a housing development a few blocks from where I grew up.  Kept them as is including seat #s.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Next you can cover the 42nd street transformation.

Be careful what you wish for:

Times Square near 42nd St., circa 1965

image.png.b4cc3601a34e5ec38c093580780defe5.png

Times Square today:

image.png.a1717ab0c93739a554042510c8b6d74d.png

My friend and I used to walk from Central Park down to Times Square often and have chocolate ice cream sodas at Howard Johnson's.  I haven't been back, but I hear it turned into an urban Disneyland without the rides.  I saw nothing wrong with how it was in my day.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

After the Dodgers left Brooklyn,  Ebbetts Field seats were placed in NYC parks, one of which was in a housing development a few blocks from where I grew up.  Kept them as is including seat #s.

Times Square today:

My friend and I used to walk from Central Park down to Times Square often and have chocolate ice cream sodas at Howard Johnson's.  I haven't been back, but I hear it turned into an urban Disneyland without the rides.  I saw nothing wrong with how it was in my day.

I remember as a kid arguments who was the better centerfield Willie ,Mickey or Duke , of course we knew it was Mickey 😁😁

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Times Square today:

In 2006 and 2007 I would often meet a friend at 34 St.in Manhattan.We would walk to the foot of the Williamsburg Bridge,go somewhere for lunch and then walk to the end of Central Park.We would rest fior a while then walk back to Penn Station.

• Like 2

This afternoon we had the belated extended family Hanukah Party.My wife’s sister,the oldest person present led a discussion asking everyone about their childhood Hanukah memories .Mine were a bit vague.My mother had three nephews,brothers who all married women who celebrated Christmas.My childhood memories were going to my cousin Mary’s apartment in the Bronx for Christmas dinners.

• Like 6