Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 6/1/2024 at 9:55 AM, Sea Dog said:

Happy Birthday to my favorite Doctor! I wish I knew your name to properly address you but respect your privacy. I wish you a great celebration of you and your latest trip around the sun.

Does your BROTHER THE DOCTOR know that he's not your favorite??? 🤣

@Ocean Boy -- I was going to post some cookies for your birthday, but... well.... you know what happened the last time I posted cookies!  

• Haha 14

On 6/1/2024 at 8:07 PM, Tree_skier said:

DW wants a Tesla.  I told her we'd look after we got back from OR.  I'm skeptical but she is really sold on them.

I just saw this on FB tonight:

445455122_1137484234126915_3672957537251404291_n.jpg.a73dda6ceb9dec98c524beddb149c2bb.jpg

• Haha 10

On 6/4/2024 at 9:16 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I was doing some yardwork Saturday.  Trimming rose bushes, etc and now have poison ivy popping up on arms, between fingers, shoulders and the inside corner (near nose) and eyelid.   I had gloves on so not sure how I got on my fingers and between them.

Glad to hear you're doing better now. 

For future reference, any time you're out in that area, when you're done come right in the house and take off your clothes and take a shower.  The oil (which is the part you react to) from the plant can get on any clothing that it touches, and then if you touch the clothing you get the oil on your hands and then any other body part you touch.

I was finally able to rid our yard of poison ivy by diligently using Round-Up on every plant.  I would wear rubber gloves, then put a cloth glove on over the rubber glove, apply the Round-Up to my cloth glove, and use that to "paint" the poison ivy leaves... this avoids overspray which might damage the plants you want to keep.

Poison ivy can be hard to identify amid other plants/shrubs, but it's easy to find in the fall -- it is the first thing to turn red (then brown) in the autumn.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Finally! Tyler Joseph made his appearance at 4:45 pm today weighing in at 8 lbs 2 oz.  Mom and baby are doing great.  Tyler is my SIL’s middle name and Joseph has a long history in both families.  Maybe now I can start trying to keep up with this thread again!

IMG_9921.thumb.jpeg.4b0803d41f0241b9a20dc58bb63b4263.jpeg

Welcome Tyler Joseph😊

Congratulations to All.   He's adorable and look forward to many more photos and adventures with all grandchildren.💖

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Almost as fun as logging on at midnight to get an early boarding time, I had to log on at 6 am this morning to get my Disney dining reservations for August.  

Yes, I really know where I want to eat, and what time I want to eat, that far in advance!

Now to revise my spreadsheet, because I had to change days for some of them to get a decent time.  

I can’t wait for the joy of booking rides!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Finally! Tyler Joseph made his appearance at 4:45 pm today weighing in at 8 lbs 2 oz.  Mom and baby are doing great.  Tyler is my SIL’s middle name and Joseph has a long history in both families.  Maybe now I can start trying to keep up with this thread again!

Congratulations Deb to you and your family!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

People are always surprised to find out that I pretty much exclusively read trashy romance novels, but I look at it the same way you are now -- reading is my "mental vacation" from the real world. (Reading was my coping method for surviving my childhood.)  There are so many unhappy things in the news these days, that it's nice to just read some "fluff" for a change of pace.

I agree though usually I prefer mysteries. Especially on a cruise I choose very light weight reading. I'm chatting and looking at the ocean not wanting to read something hard core with lots of characters to keep up with.

Well I feel like I'm getting a look at how the other half live. There are 3 extended stays in this area, only 1 listed as premier suites. I asked last night what that means. I was talking to a father living here with his 6 year old son for the last 5 1/2 years! I am so surprised how many people live here all the time. He works too, not homeless. He says a apt would be around $2400 plus utilities and here runs about the same except it has a work out room, a upgraded laundry and their kinda lame breakfast which seems lamer by the day.  And if he moved into a apt then he has to pay utilities. A couple of guys yesterday who been here a year are heading back to texas.

This is like condo living for those who cant afford this area. I do feel secure and the police drive thru regularly. Still no word on when my movers will arrive. Last week they said if no word by june 6 then reach out to them again. I just emailed them again. I dont even know my stuff is ok and didnt get wet in the storm. About $3500 just the brokerage fee and they cant even locate my stuff and tell me it survived the storm? Nothing? Google said 9.9 stars out of 10. I've rate them about a 2 so far.

I did get a text from my next door neighbor who is watching the house asking if she should call my bil. About the badly smashed fence. I said my buyer called sunday and told me about it, it's a tree from the next door new neighbor on the other side whose tree fell and badly smashed the fence between us. I got 3 people plus the buyer watching the house. Closing still set for june 15, I sure would be happy if it were sooner. For some reason from what I hear this area in particular was hit worse than others. Maybe because it's a older area and the trees are older and taller, idk. Sitting here in florida it's hard to know how bad my area was hit. I know bonnie is up a few suburbs north of where my house sits and idk where george is exactly. 

Sometimes no news isnt good news when you are waiting to hear when your stuff will arrive and is it ok, did it get wet. Was it actually a tornado that went thru my area. Yesterday I priced out a nice sofa and loveseat. I want them to pick up what I shipped so I dont want to order living room furniture yet. The beds will be delivered tomorrow. Without a table it's going to be hard to see the tv sitting on the floor, the tvs are small. My old house was tiny. Its lucky I decided to bring the tvs with me. They said I had to have the tvs in boxes. One tv is so new I have the box but I'd have to screw off the legs, so it was just easier to stick them in my car. That's all the furniture I brought in my car. At least tomorrow I'll have a bed to sleep on.

I went by to look at the living room stuff the sales guy picked out for me and laid on the bed again I picked out and still love it. I asked why the headboard and frame I picked out was so much extra over others he would include without extra cost. The mgr said look here, this wood is all one piece. Its solid wood. I still dont think its cherry. Cherry has reddish overtones, this looks more like mahogany to me, like what I already have. I still like it but doesnt look like cherry to me.

ARGGGH I'm so tired of waiting and no information from the movers. 9.9 out of 10 ratings my foot!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

Does your BROTHER THE DOCTOR know that he's not your favorite??? 🤣

Shhhhhhh….. Don’t tell my brother!😉

• Haha 7

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, Arzeena!🥰

Thank you!😘  It was from the bug that was in my eye.  I went to the eye doctor the next morning and he prescribed antibiotic eye drops, but my eye went from irritated to huge stye both under and on top of my eyelid.  I was afraid my laser surgery for the following week might have to be postponed, but the surgeon said there'd be no problem with getting the laser done.  (What a piece of cake that was!😉 you don't feel anything!!)  Thank you for asking, Arzeena!

How have you been?

I am happy for you that all is good with you eye.

I am fine. Getting used to the Florida bugs and frogs!😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! What a cutie! 🥰

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Almost as fun as logging on at midnight to get an early boarding time, I had to log on at 6 am this morning to get my Disney dining reservations for August.  

Yes, I really know where I want to eat, and what time I want to eat, that far in advance!

Now to revise my spreadsheet, because I had to change days for some of them to get a decent time.  

I can’t wait for the joy of booking rides!

I had to check in for our Celebrity cruise this morning, but X's website and app are down. Will try later.

• Like 2

On 5/27/2024 at 7:01 AM, h20skibum said:

I saw this on our walk earlier this week.  

What happens when you send some boys out to pick up some things, and they want to pocket that cash. 

IMG_1186.thumb.jpeg.3056568f3e952effb334008d6cf36d2f.jpeg

It wasn’t long after I took the photo that uniformed officers put a stop to their dumpster diving. 😂

What would they be looking for?

On 6/2/2024 at 4:12 PM, firefly333 said:

…I didnt have time to shop around much for a chair. Target is sure an overpriced choice to me but it’s maybe just getting hot and the season for patio furniture. In dallas in the fall it all goes on sale. Probably here season is year round. Something to spend more time looking for later on after I'm moved in. I needed a chair before tomorrow morning. I'll google search for a set I like after im moved in…

The patio furniture goes on sale here also. They need to make room for all the Christmas stuff that starts to come out as early as October.

• Like 4

How funny that I just replied to the post here about poison ivy today, then when I got home from work and looked at my FB memories, I had this one from 15 years ago:

Okay, the yard's calling my name. Time to kill some poison ivy, creeping charlie, and virginia creeper; yank out some weed seedlings; plant some caladium bulbs; relocate some hostas; and give everything a good drink.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2024 at 8:49 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I am pleased to report that Monopoly is alive and well even when you don't even know a game has started.

Who went on “vacation”?

On 6/3/2024 at 3:35 PM, George C said:

Shelagh is back home and resting after eating a couple of slices of pizza.

Hope she feels better.

On 6/3/2024 at 10:00 PM, BonTexasNY said:

I lead a very sheltered life.  I found out what an upside down pineapple means on Cruise Critic.  I don't recall what thread!

Ha ha, here is where I also learned about it. It was either here or on Bella’s thread it came up IIRC.

• Like 4

On 6/4/2024 at 7:13 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

I feel the same except it is flamingos for me.   I bought 2 small and one full size plastic flamingoes to put in my flower bed out front.

Eric then told me that is another swingers sign.

I googled and sure enough he was right.

So for now I put them in flower bed in backyard.

Who knew?

I had no idea about the flamingos. I have several tall metal ones and patio pillows also. You see them all over down here. I’m guessing most people haven’t heard of the swinger thing. I don’t understand why certain groups don’t come up with something original to show others what they are into. Why did they have to pick flamingos? At least the pineapples are turned upside down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, brillohead said:

People are always surprised to find out that I pretty much exclusively read trashy romance novels, but I look at it the same way you are now -- reading is my "mental vacation" from the real world. (Reading was my coping method for surviving my childhood.)  There are so many unhappy things in the news these days, that it's nice to just read some "fluff" for a change of pace.

When I was working all that I read was trashy romance, needed that escape from day to day life.  Now that I am retired have started to read a much different set of books, in 1 book club i regularly attend as well as follow our community club and go when there is a book I want to read.  Still mix in some beachy reads but don't need the escape as I used to.  Half way through Kristin Hannah's latest, The Women, and very much enjoying.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Hope she feels better.

Ha ha, here is where I also learned about it. It was either here or on Bella’s thread it came up IIRC.

Shelagh is doing fine except for very limited use of her left hand since all but two of her fingers are bandaged, going back to surgeon next Tuesday.

Picked up this refrigerator magnet at the Buffalo airport , Bills mafia .

rooting for our Dallas mavericks in first game of nba finals tonight.

image.thumb.jpeg.fea713fc093b49f625a04ea1091083f8.jpeg

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Mom and baby are doing great.

Deb & Andy @Momof3gurlz

That's the most important thing. So glad TJ has finally made an appearance, and such a cute appearance to boot. Heartfelt congratulations to all the extended family 🌹

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

How precious!!! And so alert!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I had no idea about the flamingos. I have several tall metal ones and patio pillows also. You see them all over down here. I’m guessing most people haven’t heard of the swinger thing. I don’t understand why certain groups don’t come up with something original to show others what they are into. Why did they have to pick flamingos? At least the pineapples are turned upside down.

This thread is also the first time I heard about flamingos. I've always ,liked them, though not to the point I would decorate my yard with then.

This thread was rhe first time I've ever read they too have a double meaning. Such a educational thread   :)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I have a question for our tech gurus or at least those who know what they are doing!

I have an iPhone 13.  I use it here every day, but next month we’re sailing from Southampton.  Flying into Heathrow we booked a car service. They want me to call after we get our luggage.  I’ve never used my phone to call when I am in a different country.  I’ve tried google, but I’m confused.  It seems like I need to dial +44 and their number.  Is that right?  My T Mobile has included international calls.  This will probably be the only actual call I make! The kids and I use texting most of the time with Skype calls.

• Like 1