Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

48 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Cameras/videos? I would post on Nextdoor if you have them. Maybe someone will recognize them.

Unfortunately, our Ring is on the front of our house, and all of that took place on the side. We live on a corner and have streets on the front and the side. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ha, when I first read this I read it as tonight's SUPPER.

At least you didn’t read it as tonight’s Stripper, like I did.  But then, I was reading the email notification without the photo. 🤣🤣

Edited by h20skibum
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Is it worth the cost in your opinion? I need to try it.

I’ve had every Johnny Walker, I believe Gold is the best value . A few times I bought a couple of bottles on rccl of platinum also which is level between gold and blue , a longtime ago Green was part of the rccl package, that’s not bad it’s between black and gold . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

No, I'm still too traumatized to try.

20240623_172418.thumb.jpg.3b42b72f2ad6b535695918904bf121d8.jpg

We went to an animal shelter for the first time in 17 years yesterday, needed to donate some food for elderly cats and cats with kidney problems. Will look some more wife is still learning to buying a couple of ragdoll kittens from a breeder , although some other kittens could persuade her to change her mind. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Before my SIL left his previous coaching job the going away party gifted him with some potent portables. 

Some are in a cupboard. 
Others are on display. 

I guess bourbon has preferred brands that mean something. 

IMG_1183.thumb.jpeg.419301b4498376372d5805896152828b.jpeg

IMG_1182.thumb.jpeg.cb5a0d8455c30ce8c907940116288288.jpeg

Lotta goooood stuff in those cabinets right there!!

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Headed out for my regular Monday morning golf group.  9:20 tee time, which means we will finish around 1:20.  Gonna be a hot one.  Lots of water, iced towels, shade, and sunscreen. Wish me luck. 🥴

IMG_1336.thumb.PNG.d5f7cdc5e75cdc453c05fdf7629f5bc0.PNG

That’s what our weather looked like last week.   Ours looks much nicer today. 

IMG_7092.thumb.jpeg.75e69879c13b9f84f0bbf21395e02c17.jpeg

• Like 3

Yesterday we had the funeral service for Maureen.  It was very nice. It  was arranged by her children, Any and Curt at the funeral home, All 4 of Maureen's siblings were able to attend, all from New England.

Maureen will be buried at sea.  We had Adventure of the seas booked for the middle on Feb, I figured that would give them time to make arrangements.

I will be on freedom starting the end of Sept, and final payments start soon.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Opened the last packing box. I'll never know if any of my pre packed boxes is missing, a lot of a antiques in those, bronze horses, chinese valuable knick knacks. But I know there was a gray plastic milk crate which I used as a tool box. 50 and 100 ft orange ext cords, and smaller household ext cords, my dads hammer. I traded with him, his was so nice. A huge orange super sized pipe wrench and smaller wrenches, lots of screwdrivers, you need multiples sizes, some times a tiny Phillips head, sometimes a huge one, same with flat heads. All my tools didnt make it into a box. I kept expecting to find them in the next box, or the next. So that settles it in my mind it was rhe dallas packers who also stole the 6 foot step ladder, since its obvious they didnt pack my tools. They were in a bedroom not in the garage where they could be overlooked.

Saturday the guy who did the painting kitchen lights, cleaning was supposed to come by but got a better offer, no showed. At least call. So first thing Saturday morning put my coffee in the microwave and it shorted out. Came on and went off. So I spent all Saturday driving to all the appliance places to find a replacement. The one that broke was huge and put my back out. I put refrigerated creamer in my coffee and its not quite hot enough so I nuke it every morning. I would have liked a larger one but 1.1 looked large enough for popcorn. I didnt think I could manage a larger one by myself and wanted it for the next morning.

It's one thing I miss when I'm in  a hotel room or cruising. I want my coffee almost scalding hot. Stopped by a Checkers, we dont have them any more in dallas that I've seen. Unpacked a few things, exhausted. Got the microwave head first into the publix shopping cart downstairs and up here and threw away a few boxes, now I'm driving them down to the contractors bin. Forget taking them in the shopping cart. 2 bldgs down.

Sunday I didnt have plans. I decided I made a mistake on the beds, should have gotten pillow tops. I asked for soft and these arent soft. I called last week monday and friday and kept being told call back to talk to owner. I was in the mindset get beds, can quit paying for a hotel. Not thinking long term. I was not thinking past get there and get pots and pans enough and beds and stay there. My mistake. I've made a lot so far. The place I got the microwave also had 2 rows of beds and I asked him about them and took up enough of his time I just bought a microwave there too. He deserved my business. He said even if you like a soft pillow top you need support and a firm or medium firm mattress below the pillow top. He had a Stearns and Foster for $2700 I liked. Mattress only price. 

So sunday I thought drive down to Melbourne where I bought the beds and see what they had since the owner is supposed to be back Wednesday and Wednesday I agreed to play bridge with that lady.  Its 45 minutes down there, a long drive, but I kept moving further south memorial weekend to find a nice hotel. Actually I didnt realize that hotel was so far south. I think route 192 and I thought exit 192, its exit 180, so another 18 miles even further than I thought. But anyway was going to be hard to get down there by the time I called Wednesday and they opened at 10 am and bridge starts showing up after 11:30. 

They have some very nice expensive beds. I found 2 I liked he said were 6k mattress only. A black serta,  top of their line and a  Posh+Lavish, the pillow top was sold separate and matching material. Would be hard to make the bed. That also was 6k. Just mattress and topper. They also sold some kind of artic cool, or urban loft * ice brand and puffy. About to give up and he took me up front to a bed next to his best seller. Seems like his best seller would have been a good place to start. The best seller was nice, the one next to it felt even nicer. It's hard to lay on a bed in a store and know how it will sleep. I barely tolerate royal caribbean beds too hard. I like carnival beds, softer. 

I wanted to trade both beds in. He said the bed you bought is perfectly good, you dont know what guests will like. Who doesnt like a good pillow top. He offerd to exchange 1 mattress, 1 I have is untouched how it was delivered. I also asked the motion be moved to the 2nd bedroom with the mattress I slept in. Seems for a major swap I need to wait for the owner, but he could swap 1 mattress. I said I'll tip extra if they move the motion. I sleep on my side. I cant imagine ever wanting to use it. It sounded good in the store. I like both bed frames. Not sure the cherry was worth the extra money but it's so me. Friday they will come. They offer same day delivery but I told my realtor today or tomorrow I'd meet him for lunch. The painter also offered to come today or tomorrow and I said realtor beat him, laters, and Wednesday and thursday I committed to play bridge. So I couldnt promise to be home from 11 to 4 until friday. Now that all the boxes are open things should settle down. I got some odds and ends in 2 dish pack boxes I cant figure out what to do with. But that's all that's left to put away. I can start thinking cruising again lol. 

My cousin fannie, closest to my age and so much fun, and such a good person said she will know by this fall if she can come down nov or jan. Her husband might need surgery and she has a daughter with pts and suicidal in the hospital getting her  medications in balance. She was posting crazy last week, like good bye posts and pray for her, calling out for help. And her brother has emphysema or something she goes down into cinn every other week to check on so she is pretty busy all the time. Shes the one up there taking care of everyone.

Her one daughter doesnt drive so she is down northern kentucky a lot too, the one hospitalized. She doesnt drive either. So I think she and my mom always had a special bond with mom having my sister. A child should grow up and be able to live alone, but sometimes they need to be taken care of forever. She is such a lovely person I hope she can get away. She is the birder. She has another daughter brilliant heads chemistry dept at a college, moved to a smaller college who gave her more time off. She has been all over the world in the wilds leading bird tours. Shes not just a birder she is a paid tour guide and so smart. I was happy to hear from my cousin last night. She is the kind to laugh and make me laugh. She is the one I stayed with when I drove to ohio last summer. .. anyway been busy but I'll catch up here. Was too tired to post last few days.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Before my SIL left his previous coaching job the going away party gifted him with some potent portables. 

Some are in a cupboard. 
Others are on display. 

I guess bourbon has preferred brands that mean something. 

IMG_1183.thumb.jpeg.419301b4498376372d5805896152828b.jpeg

IMG_1182.thumb.jpeg.cb5a0d8455c30ce8c907940116288288.jpeg

Wow that’s an incredible collection!