Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We are all packed and ready to depart for Hawaii tomorrow.  Our flight leaves at 8:00 AM out of Boston.  We’ll drive up to our daughters in Massachusetts very early and our SIL is driving us to the airport.  It’s an 11 hour nonstop flight to Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines 😬.  I have plenty of books loaded onto my Kindle and we have the final season of Suits downloaded onto the iPad to watch.  
We have plenty of relaxation time planned in between exploring the island, so I’ll try to keep up here and post a few pictures as well.  
🌴☀️🍹

Have a great trip!  Can't wait to hear about it.  Hawaii is still my favorite place on earth. 

_CM_4438.thumb.jpg.1742d14e0782996b48abe40c35fb2c53.jpg

• Like 15

16 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Tree_skier  LOVE Nanaimo bars but I am very confused by the serving of the three sausages (I am assuming they are sausages) 

LOL, yeah I was confused by that as well.  They aren't sausages though. They are cheese sticks...  They came with Marinara sauce.  I'm not sure what is Canadian about skewering cheese sticks then sticking them into a burger but Sharron liked them anyways. 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can someone please let me know what the Diamond balcony discount is, both outside and inside of 6 month booking.  I tried googling and going into C&A on RCI but all I got was a "dot" to show a discount is available.  I probably am not looking in the right place.  What else is new? 😕

As always, I'm enjoying all of the delightful pictures in here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Can someone please let me know what the Diamond balcony discount is, both outside and inside of 6 month booking.  I tried googling and going into C&A on RCI but all I got was a "dot" to show a discount is available.  I probably am not looking in the right place.  What else is new? 😕

As always, I'm enjoying all of the delightful pictures in here.

$225 outside of 6 months and $200 inside of 6 months. (6-9 day sailings)  less for short cruise, more for longer cruises

In groups you get the full value applied

On website bookings you may not get any of it or not get the full amount as it depends on the promo they are running and whether it is combinable.

image.thumb.png.aec4f03a86b3637c6a0ac1f829208bce.png

Deduct $25 for sailings within 6 months

Edited by Ken at the beach
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

$225 outside of 6 months and $200 inside of 6 months. (6-9 day sailings)  less for short cruise, more for longer cruises

On website bookings you may not get any of it or not get the full amount as it depends on the promo they are running and whether it is combinable.

I see you changed your on screen name. I like it but curious why you changed it?

4 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Legal reasons...

That’s what I wondered. I like the name. Hope you are doing great. My excitement is growing everyday we get closer to our October sailing. Looking forward to seeing you in February.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

I wasn’t able to get discount on last couple of cruises, I will be getting ten percent off MSc because I am a veteran.

42 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

Thanks, Ken.  I knew you would have the answer!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, George C said:

I wasn’t able to get discount on last couple of cruises, I will be getting ten percent off MSc because I am a veteran.

From your past posts I gather you mainly book suites.  Because nearly every promotion thst Royal offers either has an instant savings or OBC thst for suites is greater than the balcony discount you would not get the balcony discount as they are not combinable.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ken at the beach said:

From your past posts I gather you mainly book suites.  Because nearly every promotion thst Royal offers either has an instant savings or OBC thst for suites is greater than the balcony discount you would not get the balcony discount as they are not combinable.

Yes I was on harmony trying to book another grand suite , was annoyed I didn’t get the discount so we booked MSc YC which has way better perks that rccl grand suite . 

25 minutes ago, George C said:

You are a movie fan , right,  We went to the movie theater to watch Reagan . It was pretty good though distracted by the heavy makeup and mannerisms of Dennis Quaid . That joker smile was over the top.  The end was very moving and may elicit a tear or two if you are so inclined. I never cry at movies. 

A big plus ,  the theater was cold and it has been so hot , here. Alas , no gourmet dining but food can be purchased.  

Stupid TV carrier is not broadcasting the Disney channel and my tennis is on ESPN. I had to sign up for a You Tube trial subscription . The big event on 9/10 is on ABC . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I see you changed your on screen name. I like it but curious why you changed it?

Check the fb page of our Ocala friend . I completely missed the return of Crystal though spreadsheets was a giveaway.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, NHProud said:

You are a movie fan , right,  We went to the movie theater to watch Reagan . It was pretty good though distracted by the heavy makeup and mannerisms of Dennis Quaid . That joker smile was over the top.  The end was very moving and may elicit a tear or two if you are so inclined. I never cry at movies. 

A big plus ,  the theater was cold and it has been so hot , here. Alas , no gourmet dining but food can be purchased.  

Stupid TV carrier is not broadcasting the Disney channel and my tennis is on ESPN. I had to sign up for a You Tube trial subscription . The big event on 9/10 is on ABC . 

Reviews weren’t that good but I liked Reagan and also a fan of Dennis Quaid , we enjoy going to the movies that fact that waiters serve real drinks and popcorn is a big plus 😁😁

6 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Check the fb page of our Ocala friend . I completely missed the return of Crystal though spreadsheets was a giveaway.

I saw that and messaged her welcome back. I hope she will come back here and post again.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, George C said:

Yes I was on harmony trying to book another grand suite , was annoyed I didn’t get the discount so we booked MSc YC which has way better perks that rccl grand suite . 

Put it this way, if you ever get a balcony discount on a suite you are 99% sure that you are paying too much as there will be a promo along very soon that will offer a better overall rate

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

😄 I like "Ken at the Beach"........Kind of like a fun "Jenny from the Block" ish vibe.😁

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I remember you said there was a story attached to Our Usual Beach, but I don’t think I ever read it here.

It was our first cruise with the kids who were 8 and 10.  A seven night NYE sailing out of San Juan where flights were more than the cruise and we thought 4 in a room would be fine.  We were in St Kitts walking on the beach and my daughter out of nowhere turned to me and said "Daddy, we should make this our usual beach".  We've been cruising twice a year since then.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

But…those bottles look way too spread out.  I think I’m wasting a lot of usable space

I think a trip to your favorite liquor store is in order.😉

• Like 4