Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I guess I should not discuss Fla geography with my friends who live in Tampa,St.Petersburg,Bradenton,Orlando,Boca and Davenport.All recently moved(escaped?) from NY.

Take 5 minutes and learn it😉

I'm not sure where Davenport is, though.

But Alexa does. 😁

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Both of my parents died from cancer,my 42 year old nephew from brain cancer,3 very close friends from pancreatic cancer,3 from stomach cancer,5 from lung cancer .That is way too much.

My mam had Metastatic cancer.

Paulines dad was in remission for 11 years after his Prostate op before it finally took him.

Very sad news about your parents, family and friends Lenny.

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The novelty of snow wore off sometime in my teenage years. 

That's when Dad made you start shoveling the driveway I imagine.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That's when Dad made you start shoveling the driveway I imagine.

That along with walking to school and freezing between classes when we ducked out for a smoke.  Never was a fan of winter sports.  Went skiing with Vikki once when we were dating, then we got married so I didn’t have to do crazy things to impress her anymore. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Sounds like fun Mr. Bumble.  I'm not a golfer.  I tried for a little while but never developed the proficiency.  I think you need to develop a certain amount of skill before the game takes on any pleasure.  I never got there.  I would rather walk by the seashore than chase a stupid white ball that won't go where it needs to go.  

I'm still a duffer but at least this sport I can enjoy even when I'm not very good at it. If I hit that stupid white ball wrong, all I have to do is do a little search in the woods or grab another one out of my bag. I played hockey, in goal, for almost 50 years.  If you weren't proficient at that, it was ER time!  🏥

(To protect the sensibilities of some (OK, most ) CC readers a couple of borderline (ish)  jokes about the pain of being a bad goalie have been edited from this post.)  🏌️‍♂️ 😇

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Charlie has had a rough week.  First routine dermatologist visit turned into a biopsy and stitches, skin cancer on forehead again.  They will operate soon.  Today routine colonoscopy so who know how that will go.  Monthly bloodwork was not the best but his oncologist thinks they did the test wrong so fingers crossed on that one.  The best part of all is that he still looks healthier than me😳

Marietta

Best wishes for everything to turn out ok.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George C said:

I love that celebrity still will mail the luggage tags , but I did like the whole packet.

I still have a favorite zippered cloth packet from Windjammer cruises 30 years ago, I still use it to carry the paperwork/passports, set sail pass for each cruise.  😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I guess so

Sorry, just messing with you, my bad.  🤭

I detest RCI calling our port "Orlando's Port Canaveral".    Orlando is land locked 40 miles inland, into the middle of the state, in a total different county.  They don't "own" Port Canaveral.  😉    It's been a thorn in my side when I see that for some time now.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I detest RCI calling our port "Orlando's Port Canaveral".    Orlando is land locked 40 miles inland, into the middle of the state, in a total different county.  They don't "own" Port Canaveral.  😉    It's been a thorn in my side when I see that for some time now.  

I hate when they refer to cruises leaving from New Jersey as cruises leaving New York. Love New York, Jersey no so much. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Bloodwork can be so stressful.  Micheline is an ovarian cancer survivor.  She's doing bloodwork every 6 months (previously monthly then quarterly) and will soon move to annual checks.  She feels totally normal, like cancer is completely in her past, until a couple of weeks before the test, and then all of the negative thoughts come flooding back.  We have a friend who had breast cancer 15 years ago.  She says it gets better with time, but her annual checkup is still stressful.  Cancer sucks.

To Dani's point, some cancers are more easily treated than others.  The more common cancers like breast, colon, and lung have had a lot of money put into research.  Less so for ovarian, pancreatic, etc...the less common ones.  There are also good screening tests like mammograms and colonoscopies that can catch some cancers early, greatly increasing the survival rate.  Ovarian cancer does not have a good screening test.  Ovarian cancer symptoms are common enough that many women ignore them until it's too late.  Most women are diagnosed at stage 3/4 and are older than 60, which reduces the chances of successful treatment.  Ladies...learn the symptoms of ovarian cancer and get checked if you have symptoms.  It may save your life.  It did for Micheline.  End PSA.

So sorry for what Micheline was/is going through.  Indeed Cancer SUCKS!   I do everything I can to keep up with recommended screening.  Have annual Gyno check up in 2 weeks, just had "other" screening done 2 months ago, plus never miss my annual Mammogram (done last month).  

Hugs to her, and hope she stays cancer free.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

I think that helps people know what major  airport is closest to the port.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Pat.

She was only 19 when we got married 40 years ago this August.

Oh you cradle robber..  😉   No seriously, I got married to doomed husband of 20 years, just never got it right.  Now Bucky and I are about to celebrate anniversary #25 on the 1st.  At least we got it right the second time. 😍

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, George C said:

I hate when they refer to cruises leaving from New Jersey as cruises leaving New York. Love New York, Jersey no so much. 

Bayonne is part of the port of New York.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Take 5 minutes and learn it😉

I'm not sure where Davenport is, though.

But Alexa does. 😁

OMG...Snake!!   😄  
Will the last person to leave NY to move to Florida...please turn out the light.  😄 😄 

Oh you cradle robber..  😉   No seriously, I got married to doomed husband of 20 years, just never got it right.  Now Bucky and I are about to celebrate anniversary #25 on the 1st.  At least we got it right the second time. 😍

Congratulations Pat.

I'm really happy for you both.

• Like 1

WE are about to celebrate 30 tears.  Second time around for both of us.

• Like 5

To all those that are battling cancer  and those who have family/friends to this disease continued prayers.

My brother was diagnosed at age 22 with metastatic testicular cancer that spread to lymph nodes far and wide. It was diagnosed late because he was embarrassed to tell anyone about the lump in his testicle.

When the cell type came back, his oncologist/cancer radiologist informed him that it would be a rough road but they could get him a cure.

He said he would do anything.

So after the doctors decided to use his "lifetime" dose of radiation therapy throughout his entire chest/abdomen/ and groin, and yea he went through hell.  Radiation burns showed up in his last week of treatments (he had 37 in all). 

He saw the oncologist/radiologist at first every three months then 6  months for awhile, then yearly.

After 6 years he was released--- cured.

He passed away 30 years later from a massive heart attack.

When we cleared out his house we found many bottles of antacids, and rolls of tums.  So he once again had symptoms and denied them.  

Folks listen to your body.

In fact I just had a doctors appointment yesterday and had my Triglycerides not been elevated It would have been a perfect visit.  So now on to another medication.

Stay healthy

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can relate every time I tell someone I'm from Kansas City and they say, "How do you like living in Kansas?" to which I reply "I don't live in Kansas I live in Missouri."

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, George C said:

Poor Jersey, living in the shadows of NY and Philly.  

• Like 3