Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I wonder what's the storyline.... Elmer seems so focused..... and your hubby too....😉😁

Someone put birdseed on a picnic table and different birds and squirrels come eat.  There are bird sounds too.  Very interesting for them both.  LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I always thought I wanted a Maine Coon, because I love big cats. But after having this long haired grey cat that my mom left us, I don't. We will stick with shorthairs from now on. I can't believe how much cat fur is everywhere. And now he has matted hairballs, because he is not grooming properly. 

I love the looks of Basil and the big Ginger! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I always thought I wanted a Maine Coon, because I love big cats. But after having this long haired grey cat that my mom left us, I don't. We will stick with shorthairs from now on. I can't believe how much cat fur is everywhere. And now he has matted hairballs, because he is not grooming properly. 

Maine Coons do need some extra attention on brushing/combing but my Jasmine didn't mind.   He would purr and purr and love the attention.

At the same time I had Jasmine I rescued a Flame Point Himalayan from a dumpster (yes she jumped out of my arms at a new home site construction dumpster).   She was a filthy mess and starving.    I took her to the vet got her cleaned up and named her China, she absolutely loved to take a bath, have her hair blow dried and brushed out.     she was about pamper me and I will love you even more.     She used to give the best head messages.    Every night when we sat down to watch TV she would jump onto the back of the sofa or recliner and massage our heads with her kneading.    It was heaven.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

We have a short haired cat and a very long haired 20 lb ragdoll who loves being combed my wife grooms him every day and I also pitch in , both super friendly 14 year old kitties . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Since DH has such an innovative mind [15 US patents 😉], I keep pestering him to invent a means to find the glasses when I need them....

How impressive!!  Tell us about the patents!  (In words of one syllable 😁.)

Edited by helen haywood

15 minutes ago, George C said:

We have a short haired cat and a very long haired 20 lb ragdoll who loves being combed my wife grooms him every day and I also pitch in , both super friendly 14 year old kitties . 

Poor Grey Kitty, he may not be with us that much longer. We were keeping up on it, but the mats sort of appeared. We administer IV fluids every other day, plus all the medications for chronic renal failure and hyperthyroidism. I promised my mom we would take care of them, so we are trying to keep him comfortable. But we are not adopting another long haired cat in the future. And Bobbie, the shorthair is hyperthyroid, too. 

And actually if we can get back to cruising, we plan to be pet free for a while. :classic_smile:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Next March for my birthday #79 - we have booked the Vision of the Seas for a B2B starting on 2/25  - a 10 & 11 night Southern Caribbean itinerary. The Vision is a tad old but hell...........I'm OLD too!!!!! We booked it for the variety of ports  and leaving from FLL which is about an hour and a half drive from home.

We're on the Vision Feb 14, just before you. 11 nights going down to the Canal. We were supposed to go last Feb but we all know those cruises swirled the toidy. Can't wait!

We've sailed her before and really like the size. We're not beach or pool people so we don't need all the fixings.

• Like 1

Stopped watching a video to catch the sunset. Lucy came trotting along and so did Lisa. The wind has died down and the rain is gone. Still cool though. Heating the house and pool tonight. 

View to the NE. 

A004E7EE-B724-449C-A84A-80C8CA87E8A1.thumb.jpeg.3787c79f4c0d2a4f993b1a8cd82b51bf.jpeg

NW view. 

80D3CA68-FC07-49FF-AFC1-8298866755DF.thumb.jpeg.46d0c35ec869947657a39a23d1355b1e.jpeg

1312BE08-37EB-4C27-BB25-2523AB25F7AD.thumb.jpeg.4146e1dd2a6c7140143c930f592c3353.jpeg

FEE8D5E2-AA8C-4677-8CFC-9AAB5038B575.thumb.jpeg.e5a2edf3bc14eb2ff16cc9c0a8e40c15.jpeg

• Like 21

7 hours ago, George C said:

Had forgot my credit card at our favorite restaurant the other day so just picked it up and at lunch they have 3 dollar martinis so I could not resist and had a couple dirty martinis. The lunch part was the blue cheese olives it came with.

And I suppose you "forgot" your credit card AGAIN so you will have to go back next week to pick it up. LOL 😀 No sense passing up the $3.00 martinis.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Even more so for one without a high school diploma, just 12 years at ORT.... really [ORT colleges operate as interdisciplinary education centers, ranging from science and technology studies to the arts, design and communications.]

He got the title of "senior fellow" at his high tech place of work [HP at one time] with 5 other colleagues. The other ones ALL had at least a Ph.D./Dr. in engineering, computers or science.

Amazing accomplishments.  Very well deserved Kol Hakavod.   Translion:  "bravo, well done" and literal translation is "all respect"  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

With the way the CDC is covering its incompetence tracks, I very much expect there won't be a day limit on cruises next year if not sooner.

Don’t say that!  If I get to Rhode Island and I need a doctor and my RI doctor is in CDC prison, I will be screwed.

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I wear contacts - or contact, I should say. A few years back my eye Dr switched me from lenses in both eyes to only in one eye.  Something about the eyes compensate - one eye is for distance vision and the other is for close up.  Doesn’t make sense to me but it works. Previously I was using readers for any reading. Now only need them for very fine print.

I tried that a few years ago.  Didn’t work.  It’s supposed to work for some people but not others. Works more for women than men. Unlucky me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are back in Atlantic City.  It is fully open and about half are wearing masks.  Too crowded for my taste so we are taking a break after this trip.  At least I did well on my favorite machine!

I haven't been to AC in about 16 years.  I always loved the boardwalk, salt air, the site and sound of the waves crashing down on the beach. I feel as you do. I still hesitate mingling in crowds like that.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Stopped watching a video to catch the sunset. Lucy came trotting along and so did Lisa. The wind has died down and the rain is gone. Still cool though. Heating the house and pool tonight. 

View to the NE. 

A004E7EE-B724-449C-A84A-80C8CA87E8A1.thumb.jpeg.3787c79f4c0d2a4f993b1a8cd82b51bf.jpeg

NW view. 

80D3CA68-FC07-49FF-AFC1-8298866755DF.thumb.jpeg.46d0c35ec869947657a39a23d1355b1e.jpeg

1312BE08-37EB-4C27-BB25-2523AB25F7AD.thumb.jpeg.4146e1dd2a6c7140143c930f592c3353.jpeg

FEE8D5E2-AA8C-4677-8CFC-9AAB5038B575.thumb.jpeg.e5a2edf3bc14eb2ff16cc9c0a8e40c15.jpeg

Spectacular!

• Like 1