Where should you be today?

VMax1700

Well, we're off for the shuttle to Seattle where we left the car.  It was a beautiful trip (it always is on HAL in Alaska).  Looking forward to next year when we can really sail instead of virtual sail.

VennDiagram - have a wonderful trip and I hope you have beautiful weather.

Towhee signing out until 2021

• Like 1

Dh and I would be in Australia right now. We weren't  cruising for this trip, but flying to Sydney and then to Melbourne. We were going to spend a couple of weeks with our son (he lives in Sydney) for his birthday and for Mother's Day. Also, we were excited to get to meet the parents of our son's girlfriend. We have never been to Melbourne, so we were looking forward to spending some time there as well as time in the Sydney area. Who knows how long it will be before Australia is "open" to visitors again. They are very rigid with their restrictions. We're sad that we weren't able to spend this time with our son and his girlfriend, but we have had several FaceTime conversations with them. Thank goodness for technology! Can't wait to get "down under" sometime in the future.

22 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Hugs back atcha @VennDiagram.  I too hope that we can do this cruise together in the future.

Hi Av8rix.  I'd be on the plane right now flying back to Ottawa.   Waaaaaah.  I thought of our cancelled cruise everyday and where I'd be on each day.  I booked a cruise with HAL for next August but not to Alaska.  I'd like to do the Alaska cruise in early May next year but the price for solo is over $2K than what I originally paid.  Hope to see you on the same roll call in the future.

• Like 1

Today would have been in port for  the overnight in Istanbul. We would have been on the beautiful Zuiderdam.  Praying this gets back to normal soon. 

Edited by SeaVuPlay
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

We should be sailing into Istanbul for an overnight visit.  We've never been there before.

Oh I hope you get another chance, one of the most awesome places we have visited.  The spice bazaar alone, sigh! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We would have been on the bus for half an hour, just beginning the long six hour bus trip to Sydney. After overnight in an airport hotel we should have been flying to the USA tomorrow and then on to Vancouver next week, for the June 10 Volendam cruise to Alaska. The cruise would have been a family get together with relatives from the UK and the USA, which took a lot of arranging. Strangely we are still getting emails from Holland America asking us to fill in our flight details on the check in page! But, everyone is healthy and safe and there is always next year. We have been very lucky to have received some unexpected refunds and have our cruise credit in hand, so there is always next year to look forward to. Hope everyone is safe and well.

We just left Misty Fjords and our wonderful Zodiac excursion off of Maasdam.

Tomorrow is Scenic Cruising The Inside Passage.

Monday I debark in Vancouver and go for my Global entry interview before heading home.

Sometime between now and December I need to get my interview done.

A-

We just left Misty Fjords and our wonderful Zodiac excursion off of Maasdam.
Tomorrow is Scenic Cruising The Inside Passage.
Monday I debark in Vancouver and go for my Global entry interview before heading home.
Sometime between now and December I need to get my interview done.
A-

And we should be next to you and going to airport back home on Monday.
Instead sitting at home, meeting friends and waiting for our FCC to book this cruise again for and of May 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH and I are where we are supposed to be today - sheltering at home and wearing masks if we need to go out and social distancing. We live in Florida where people are not wearing masks and social distancing and they wonder why our cases are going up. We'll never get to go cruising again if people don't start waking up and doing what is right to mitigate the virus. I wish I could say that we should be on a Caribbean cruise today and enjoying great food, entertainment, and being waited on by a fabulous crew.

5 hours ago, JanDom said:

And we should be next to you and going to airport back home on Monday.
Instead sitting at home, meeting friends and waiting for our FCC to book this cruise again for and of May 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I made my reservation and paid the deposit before the FCC was issued. In the US you can't use the FCC for the deposit. Hope to see you next year!.

Edited by AlanF65

We should be having breakfast in the Pan Pacific right now after a 5 night stay there.We would then be boarding the Maasdam for a 2 week Alaskan cruise returning to the PP for 1 night before flying home to the UK.....instead we are here at home still in partial lockdown.I haven’t  been to a supermarket for 9 weeks but we did manage to go fishing last week and the week before.Today we had our first proper walk 3 miles round a local lake.We have been walking round our garden every day....10 laps equalled 1 mile.

Today we should have been driving back from Dublin Airport after collecting youngest DS from his flight from Vancouver.  He was coming home for 18 days to attend a friend's wedding (now cancelled) and my birthday celebrations later in the month.

But, we will have to make do with a Zoom call and virtual hugs.  Luckily we saw him for 2 weeks last September in Vancouver.  

We would be in Amsterdam boarding the Veendam for our 14 -day North Cape and Norway cruise.  We were following that one up with a 35-day Spitsbergen, Iceland and UK cruise on Veendam.  Coincidentally, this morning we received our refund for the June 20 cruise on our credit card.  Still nothing on the June 6 cruise.

We would have landed in Amsterdam this morning, spent the day site seeing and probably now having dinner before an early bedtime to be well rested tomorrow when we board the Nieuw Statendam.  Maybe another time.....