What are you doing for Easter ?

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I have to be careful how much cheese I eat these days, I can't handle a lot of it any more. Yes, pesto has a lot of parmesan in it, plus pine nuts and oil. Nice in small amounts though. 

I'm not good at small amounts, so once a food causes me grief it is off the list.  However, I did weaken with fresh prawns from the trawler the other day and paid a high  price for it. Lucky I remembered before I bought another kilo.  Trouble is the fisherman wanted to finish for the day, so asked if I'd like to buy what he had left.  I said "no thank you", so he gave me the remaining 1/2 kilo.  

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've had quite a few rainy days, or days when it's rained overnight which means the pots are too wet to work on. It's usually fine on days we have other things planned though. Go figure! 🤣

It tends to rain here at night.  I love the sound of rain on a tin roof.  

Looks like you are going to have a lot of time still to go to work on your pots.  ?? months

Staying at home and doing the right thing. Have received Easter Bunny Chocolates from the Family, so with some red wine and choccies and church will hope that our cruise in October will still be on schedule. Sapphire Princess, 6th October 2020.

47 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm not good at small amounts, so once a food causes me grief it is off the list.  However, I did weaken with fresh prawns from the trawler the other day and paid a high  price for it. Lucky I remembered before I bought another kilo.  Trouble is the fisherman wanted to finish for the day, so asked if I'd like to buy what he had left.  I said "no thank you", so he gave me the remaining 1/2 kilo.  

I trained myself to enjoy small amounts of some things. It doesn't work with hot chips though. 🤣

16 hours ago, Sailaway John said:

Staying at home and doing the right thing. Have received Easter Bunny Chocolates from the Family, so with some red wine and choccies and church will hope that our cruise in October will still be on schedule. Sapphire Princess, 6th October 2020.

Enjoy your Easter Bunny Chocolates from the Family.  What day does the Easter Bunny normally come? Or have you had a head start?

6th October 2020 for a cruise sounds more realistic, than earlier.  

Edited by MMDown Under

37 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What day does the Easter Bunny normally come?

Don't expect a bunny this year. They've all be rounded up for vaccine lab testing.😆😆😮

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Don't expect a bunny this year. They've all be rounded up for vaccine lab testing.😆😆😮

I guess that is alright then seeing we're all going to be beneficiaries of the vaccine, which will change our lives.  However, we don't allow rabbits in Queensland and have a Rabbit Proof Fence.  So you NSWelshmen will have to get your cute NSW bunnies to work.  

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

For the longer cruises, I often bring aboard a selection of savoury bites to have with afternoon drinks. Chips, water crackers (with cheese from the buffet), but number one is Chicharon if I can get it.

I am more likely to bring cheese and use their crackers

I am going to echo the dwarfs in Snow White.  You remember - the song always runs through my head.

Were busy doing nothing working the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do!  

Good to see you back GUT - how is Max?

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

For the longer cruises, I often bring aboard a selection of savoury bites to have with afternoon drinks. Chips, water crackers (with cheese from the buffet), but number one is Chicharon if I can get it.

? Chicharon

We will be at home, Lynn is recovering from surgery nicely. Making a small ham dinner on Sunday. Lynn has some strange Good Friday lunch with wieners on rye bread. She and her mom (She lives with us) can enjoy that, I'll have mine in a bun.

We will probably go for a drive along the waterfront. We are not quite as locked down here as you are there. We just drive, no stops no getting out of the car except maybe to pick up take out. Definitely no walks on the crowded trails, we have an acre we can walk on. Going to do some colored eggs even just for us, no kids or grand kids to miss.

35 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We will be at home, Lynn is recovering from surgery nicely. Making a small ham dinner on Sunday. Lynn has some strange Good Friday lunch with wieners on rye bread. She and her mom (She lives with us) can enjoy that, I'll have mine in a bun.

We will probably go for a drive along the waterfront. We are not quite as locked down here as you are there. We just drive, no stops no getting out of the car except maybe to pick up take out. Definitely no walks on the crowded trails, we have an acre we can walk on. Going to do some colored eggs even just for us, no kids or grand kids to miss.

I am glad to hear Lyn is recovering well. We can't go for a drive. People are being fined for going out unnecessarily, however, the lock-down rules seem to be tighter in NSW and Victoria than in Queensland. Take-out (or as we say 'take-away') is very limited. McDonalds advertises 'contact-less' take-aways. I prefer to cook.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am glad to hear Lyn is recovering well. We can't go for a drive. People are being fined for going out unnecessarily, however, the lock-down rules seem to be tighter in NSW and Victoria than in Queensland. Take-out (or as we say 'take-away') is very limited. McDonalds advertises 'contact-less' take-aways. I prefer to cook.

Yes we are lucky that it's not quite that strict here, I heard the news story that a Cabinet Minister in New Zealand offered his resignation because he took his family for a drive. Yikes that is harsh, but if that is the rule. If they get more strict here then we will be housebound although I am still working, construction is considered "essential" and you can't build a house without a kitchen. We have many choices for Take away and are thinking about Thai food for Saturday. We'll combine that with our drive.