What are you doing for Easter ?

33 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The Easter bunny came out this morning and delivered some chocs, looks a fine day here even if it isn't going to get that warm (19 degrees).

19 degrees! That is winter in Brisbane.  I think the forecast maximum here is around 30 degrees.

22 and sunny in the beautiful Hunter, when I was just a nipper Easter was seen as the end of the swimming season, till October long weekend, now either I’m getting old, or it is a tad cool for a dip this year.

It is a very mild 25c on the Coast.  Winter must be around the corner.  We are watching a live stream of a read through of the "The Orphan".  Three excellent actors in three different places - Sydney, Melbourne, The Hamptons and the narrator in NY.  I fell asleep like real life as soon as it started. But I woke up in time to enjoy it.  Maybe this read through is a sign of the times. 

15 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

22 and sunny in the beautiful Hunter, when I was just a nipper Easter was seen as the end of the swimming season, till October long weekend, now either I’m getting old, or it is a tad cool for a dip this year.

I will be going into winter uniform (long sleeve business shirts) now until the October long weekend.

4 hours ago, VK3DQ said:

At home on the wet..its bucketing down here in sunny Melbourne.. that will keep them off the beaches

Regards

John

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

Here near the beach, we haven't had any rain since last night. Very overcast but at least the wind has died down a fair bit. Still not beach weather though except for a brisk walk.

Leigh

Cloudy but dry today in the inner west. Quite cool

computer says 14.7, feels like 11.8

Edited by Docker123
  • Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 6:34 AM, MMDown Under said:

That must be disappointing.  Where were you to embark?  Have you been on her before/

In Sydney, Australia.

Yep, we have been on the Queen Elizabeth before.

Last year we spent over 100 days on her.

48 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

In Sydney, Australia.

Yep, we have been on the Queen Elizabeth before.

Last year we spent over 100 days on her.

Must have been wonderful to spend 100 days on Queen Elizabeth.  Have you cruised on any of the other Queens?

0737 hrs Sunday, it's a balmy 8 celsius in sunny Victoria BC, Lynn is still sleeping but when she gets up it will be a lovely breakfast of coloured eggs and toast. Supper will be ham mashed potatoes and gravy with roasted carrots and steamed peas. Spring has sprung and the magnolias are in bloom.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

0737 hrs Sunday, it's a balmy 8 celsius in sunny Victoria BC, Lynn is still sleeping but when she gets up it will be a lovely breakfast of coloured eggs and toast. Supper will be ham mashed potatoes and gravy with roasted carrots and steamed peas. Spring has sprung and the magnolias are in bloom.

Enjoy, we had a nice Roast Pork (with apple sauce) yesterday with Cauliflower au gratin, roasted potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, carrot, onion. A feast fit for a Easter celebration meal, just a shame we didn't have our family to help enjoy it. We got video of our Grandchild doing her easter egg hunt, just magic..

• Like 2

We had braised lamb shanks with veggies and mashed potatoes. As Mic said, a shame we couldn’t enjoy with family. We had video calls with all four grandchildren and later in the day, son and daughter in law walked past with the little girls on their bikes and stood on the footpath and waved to us. Wonderful to see them but so sad we can’t hug them. 

Leigh

• Like 2

It's been a very mild Easter. Beaches all open and available. Today will be 24 degrees.

This has been a very different kind of Easter and I have found it all rather sad. So much so I'm not even in the mood for all the Haighs chocolates I still have in the box. We would have had a large Barbeque at our place that overlooks the beach here. Instead of that just the odd video. No family visits. Would have been our first Easter with our first grandchild. I'll be glad when Easter is over and hope to never repeat it again. 

19 minutes ago, Pushka said:

It's been a very mild Easter. Beaches all open and available. Today will be 24 degrees.

This has been a very different kind of Easter and I have found it all rather sad. So much so I'm not even in the mood for all the Haighs chocolates I still have in the box. We would have had a large Barbeque at our place that overlooks the beach here. Instead of that just the odd video. No family visits. Would have been our first Easter with our first grandchild. I'll be glad when Easter is over and hope to never repeat it again. 

We weren't given any Haighs' chocs this year. 😪 When we can travel again, a train trip into the city to Haighs wiill be high on the  list. I think the saddest part of this situation we are all going through is not being able to spend time with our families. My parents live in south west Victoria. Dad will be 90 in two weeks, we won't be able to see him for his birthday. My Mum is not well and it saddens me so much that I can't see her. Fortunately my brother lives with them so that is such a help. My cousin drops in treats for them, which they love - she is a wonderful cook.

Talking to my elder grandson yesterday morning, he said he really wanted to go back to school but instead will be sitting at home doing his schoolwork for term 2. He is in Year 7, and was just beginning to make new friends and to get to know his classmates. When he does return to school, it will be like starting all over again. 

Leigh

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We weren't given any Haighs' chocs this year. 😪 When we can travel again, a train trip into the city to Haighs wiill be high on the  list. I think the saddest part of this situation we are all going through is not being able to spend time with our families. My parents live in south west Victoria. Dad will be 90 in two weeks, we won't be able to see him for his birthday. My Mum is not well and it saddens me so much that I can't see her. Fortunately my brother lives with them so that is such a help. My cousin drops in treats for them, which they love - she is a wonderful cook.

Talking to my elder grandson yesterday morning, he said he really wanted to go back to school but instead will be sitting at home doing his schoolwork for term 2. He is in Year 7, and was just beginning to make new friends and to get to know his classmates. When he does return to school, it will be like starting all over again. 

Leigh

Sad times. PS - Haighs do online and mail orders. That's how I got mine although I live just down the road from their factory in Adelaide. 

In a podcast yesterday apparently a question from an 8 year old to Scott Morrison almost undid him. She asked "when can I hug my Granny again. I want to so much but I don't want her to get ill". 😢

Edited by Pushka
  • Like 1

Yes, this is a very different Easter for everyone.  As I'm a beach person, I'm appreciating getting my exercise every day walking along the beach.

What a difference to those who draw comfort from food - A big box of Rocher Ferrero chocolates (3 left), hot cross buns (1 left)!

However, it would make a big difference if 1st Grandchild was involved.  The extended family here are two adorable whippets, both very affectionate.

I have finally put up the camp stretcher with mattress in the front yard under a shady tree, hoping to start reading my first book.  

Breakfast - leftovers chicken with fresh avocado sandwiches.  

Morning Tea - Made pikelets. 

Have pealed fresh vegs from yesterday's market, but haven't decided what will go with them yet. 

We were supposed to have a family from Sweden stay with us here for the Easter weekend, we had all sorts of activities planned to show them around and celebrate with our friends and their kids. BBQs, outings, etc. went up in a flash a month ago when the borders closed.

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

We were supposed to have a family from Sweden stay with us here for the Easter weekend, we had all sorts of activities planned to show them around and celebrate with our friends and their kids. BBQs, outings, etc. went up in a flash a month ago when the borders closed.

That would have been disappointing, having made plans.  My daughters were going to Germany for a wedding.  That is not something you can decide to do next year.  2020 was to be a big year for my younger daughter and her friends, so she will miss a lot of celebrations.  We were just wondering whether it will be all over by the end of the year.

3 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

That would have been disappointing, having made plans.  My daughters were going to Germany for a wedding.  That is not something you can decide to do next year.  2020 was to be a big year for my younger daughter and her friends, so she will miss a lot of celebrations.  We were just wondering whether it will be all over by the end of the year.

I am not confident at all about overseas travel this year, even if I think they may have domestic cruises back by November

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I am not confident at all about overseas travel this year, even if I think they may have domestic cruises back by November

Need the trains, boats and planes world wide to be on the same page, in an ideal world it should all be at the same time. Meanwhile, all keep talking about the yummy meals you keep making and eating. 🍽️😜 We can all join weightwatchers together - bulk discount 💰

Yesterday was cloudy and humid here in Perth, and a max of only 27c. A big relief from Saturday’s high of 39c!
Not Catholic, or even religious at all, but I watched the amazing Andrea Bocelli singing from the empty Duomo Di Milan. Breath-taking.

Tara
  • Like 3

Well here it was a weekend of thought..and we have come to the decision that we are a long way off beating this China Virus we need to adopt a much more radical defense against the second wave of this pandemic, which is not finished with us just yet 

On Sunday night I called my cousin in London to see how he and his family are. Fortunately they, wife and two daughters, are well. He is working from home but has been flat out. We works for a company that organises concerts for well known artists - Sir Elton and Sir Paul are two clients. Busy cancelling and rescheduling shows. Tentatively looking at late October/November dates but not confident at this stage.