Now for something completely different

22 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Around here the police have tried a number of different bikes, Honda, BMW, I think they had some Suzukis quite a few years back. They always seem to come back to Harleys, Although the Victory bikes look pretty good.

All Highway Patrol bikes I see these days are Yamaha FJR1300s. Very capable and excellent for touring as they are so comfortable. I would like one but I can register my bikes for $50 a year as they are 30 years old and come under the NSW Historic Registration scheme.  I can ride them for personal use 60 days p.a., per bike. To register an FJR would be around $600 or so p.a..

The Victory is a nice looking bike, better IMO than Harleys, but they are no longer produced.

The first time I ever got a ticket I was 18 and driving my Mini 850. Wot? Speeding? In an 850 mini? You're joking, right? No joke sir. In those days one didn't actually get a ticket. In my case the cop, who was riding a Triumph of some sort, took your license details and a week or so later you would hear a knock on your door and there would be Mr Plod with a court summons in hand. In my case it was my horrified mum who answered the door.

• Haha 1

I will drink to Happy Canada day and Happy Victoria Day.   So can I have double Chivas Regal ration at happy hour 5pm? 🥃🥃

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lyndarra you truly are a bike guy. Like I said I didn't get into it much but have a few friends that are avid bikers. Two have Harleys, 1 has a BMW and another sold his BMW that he rode all over Canada and the US including Prudhoe Bay Alaska.

9 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Lyndarra you truly are a bike guy. Like I said I didn't get into it much but have a few friends that are avid bikers. Two have Harleys, 1 has a BMW and another sold his BMW that he rode all over Canada and the US including Prudhoe Bay Alaska.

Lucky people. I know I could buy a motorsickle now as I am single, but in hindsight, it might be safer in my ailing years to stick with 4 wheels in my Nissan Qashqai SUV.

th (2).jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Lucky people. I know I could buy a motorsickle now as I am single, but in hindsight, it might be safer in my ailing years to stick with 4 wheels in my Nissan Qashqai SUV.

Is your riders license still current? I image it is. Before getting back on a bike I would recommend doing the RMS learners course. I had to do that before commencing my riders' instruction course. I thought I was a safe rider but what I learned on the course really opened my eyes as to what is really required to survive on the road. My course instructor was also a HP instructor. I have since done an Advanced Skills course. I've been thinking lately about re doing it to stay in touch.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

I hear you uncle Les, I like my creature comforts...a roof, air conditioning. cruise control, tunes etc. I really like our new Forester.

Indeed, Subaru Foresters are also a great vehicle, quite popular over here.

5 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Is your riders license still current? I image it is. Before getting back on a bike I would recommend doing the RMS learners course. I had to do that before commencing my riders' instruction course. I thought I was a safe rider but what I learned on the course really opened my eyes as to what is really required to survive on the road. My course instructor was also a HP instructor. I have since done an Advanced Skills course. I've been thinking lately about re doing it to stay in touch.

Yes, still have my Riders licence R endorsed on my driving licence.  Thanks for the advice mate, but I think I will stick to the Nissan.  When I did the Police Motor Cycle Course at St Ives Police Driver Training School, back in 1969, we did 4 weeks, on the track and on public roads, we had Triumph Tiger 500's for training purposes, they were replaced by the Triumph Trophy 650.  The NSWP Driving school has been out at Goulburn for some years.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Indeed, Subaru Foresters are also a great vehicle, quite popular over here.

I'll second that. Yesterdays drive was in my Forester diesel turbo - comfort, power and economy. Both my sons own Foresters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

No more bikes for me either, doubt I could even mount one now. Horses are out for the same reason.

Get you some training wheels for Chrissie mate? 

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

I’m looking for something to replace my Lexus (gave it to my daughter) liked the Forsester but it was a bit low to climb in and out of.

Look at the Nissan, like mine in my post, excellent vehicle, easy to embark and disembark.  Got all the bells and whistles, enough for me anyway.

16 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I’m looking for something to replace my Lexus (gave it to my daughter) liked the Forsester but it was a bit low to climb in and out of.

Ive just taken delivery of a new RAV4 . Very nice. 

We looked at several different vehicles. We like the Toyota brand, we have a Venza and a Highlander, we bought the Forrester to replace the Highlander. We didn't like the new Highlander, it has grown too big and it's ugly. No offense intended Mr. Gut but the new Lexus is real ugly. We looked at the RAV 4 but the Forester one out for us. We chose the "limited" package, we don't have a diesel option here. Almost all the options including adaptive cruise control with lane centering and leather interior.

15 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Ive just taken delivery of a new RAV4 . Very nice. 

Very high on my list, in the Hybrid, mainly because the layout is almost identical to the Lexus.

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We looked at several different vehicles. We like the Toyota brand, we have a Venza and a Highlander, we bought the Forrester to replace the Highlander. We didn't like the new Highlander, it has grown too big and it's ugly. No offense intended Mr. Gut but the new Lexus is real ugly. We looked at the RAV 4 but the Forester one out for us. We chose the "limited" package, we don't have a diesel option here. Almost all the options including adaptive cruise control with lane centering and leather interior.

Yeah not a big fan of the look of the latest RX series.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Well it looks like they pulled the US banned from EU thread. It was going down even faster and someone just started up and I couldn't help but point out they were an imbecile.

🤣🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the Canada Day greetings that's only 3 1/2 hours from now here, nice to see you could get a head start with the toast Les. And Happy Victoria Day to my friends in the other Victoria (Victoria Day in Canada is in May) It feels a little weird the Holiday is mid week, even weirder that the celebration won't really happen.

Damn that meat pie thread is making me hungry, now I could probably eat meat pies very often but Lynn would get bored with that pretty quick so we need to identify other "typically" Australian tucker that she would try; keep in mind she has food intolerance to tomatoes, mangoes and Egg Plant to name a few.

I would also try kangaroo but I doubt she would.