Now for something completely different

On 4/30/2022 at 5:53 AM, NSWP said:

G'day again, results were not good, plus ultrasound showed up bad kidneys. So my GP recommends I don't cruise or travel overseas with all my conditions, he is reluctant to support me that way. So my cruise career hath endeth. 😬

I suppose I may as well as hang around on CC to get my cruise fix, but I have booked my next two cruises anyway...Thank you for your concern.

1009166819_th(4).jpg.c897211b6c3fdbd1f88c14141bbe7c75.jpgth.jpg.ec7de9a1297e93895033bdaf904f7884.jpg

Sorry to hear about your health Les. I wasn't on CC over the weekend so didn't read your news. At least you can go on the Clyde River cruise when you want to and if in Sydney use the ferries to your heart's content. We have decided not to cruise for a bit, but will see some more of Australia, starting with a trip to Cairns at the end of July. I haven't been that far north and it is 50 years or more since my husband visited so we are looking forward to some warm weather in our winter. 

Take care and look after yourself.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

Sorry to hear about your health Les. I wasn't on CC over the weekend so didn't read your news. At least you can go on the Clyde River cruise when you want to and if in Sydney use the ferries to your heart's content. We have decided not to cruise for a bit, but will see some more of Australia, starting with a trip to Cairns at the end of July. I haven't been that far north and it is 50 years or more since my husband visited so we are looking forward to some warm weather in our winter. 

Thanks Leigh, yes, FNQ, Cairns, Townsville, Port Douglas great area.  You are going at the right time, too hot and humid otherwise. My eldet grandaughter the Vet works there in Townsvegas as the locals call it, lol and went to Uni there for over 5 yrs and she still feels the heat, the electricity bills for a/c are horrendous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

We used to go to Port Douglas quite often before we started cruising. It was our favourite chill-out holiday place. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We used to go to Port Douglas quite often before we started cruising. It was our favourite chill-out holiday place. 

We looked at Port Douglas and for similar accommodation, it was going to be much more expensive in Port Douglas. We can spend that money on excursions to the Daintree and to the reef and anything else we want to do. I'm just looking forward to some time to relax in the sun after a couple of cold Melbourne winter months. 

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Leigh, yes, FNQ, Cairns, Townsville, Port Douglas great area.  You are going at the right time, too hot and humid otherwise. My eldet grandaughter the Vet works there in Townsvegas as the locals call it, lol and went to Uni there for over 5 yrs and she still feels the heat, the electricity bills for a/c are horrendous.

My brother who was in the army was based in Townsville for a few years and never really acclimatised to the heat and humidity up there but has lived in SE Qld since - at Oakey, Toowoomba and now on the GC.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We looked at Port Douglas and for similar accommodation, it was going to be much more expensive in Port Douglas. We can spend that money on excursions to the Daintree and to the reef and anything else we want to do. I'm just looking forward to some time to relax in the sun after a couple of cold Melbourne winter months. 

We haven't been there for some years now so I don't know what the prices are like now. We liked the vibe of PD more than Cairns. We always stayed close to the main shopping street and could walk everywhere - beach, shops and restaurants, marina. And tours would pick you up at your accommodation. I'm looking forward to visiting PD on our next two cruises and seeing what has changed.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, possum52 said:

will see some more of Australia, starting with a trip to Cairns at the end of July. I haven't been that far north and it is 50 years or more since my husband visited so we are looking forward to some warm weather in our winter. 

Did a FNQ trip last year, Cairns has certainly developed alot but we enjoyed the town. Crystal Cascades was lovely and if you get the chance the road up to Copperlode Dam has some excellent views. We got a really good deal on Port Douglas accommodation probably because of the covid situation so we stayed two nights. The resorts geared to international tourists were pretty much empty. The town was nice but it did feel like one big resort. Every house we saw had a holiday to let sign. It made you wonder if anyone actually lived in PD 😂

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

So the next cruise is booked. We're taking a chance on HAL. It's an 11 night New England/East Coast Canada and it includes a stop in Newfoundland (assuming the weather cooperates)

The cruise starts on my 64th birthday, 23 August 2023.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So the next cruise is booked. We're taking a chance on HAL. It's an 11 night New England/East Coast Canada and it includes a stop in Newfoundland (assuming the weather cooperates)

HAL is my equal favourite with Celebrity. My Inside Passage next year will most likely be with HAL. Done it twice before on Celebrity.

Just now, lyndarra said:

HAL is my equal favourite with Celebrity. My Inside Passage next year will most likely be with HAL. Done it twice before on Celebrity.

Thanks Lyndon, keep in touch about your plans when you're in the area. If you have time we would love to get together and meet you.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks Lyndon, keep in touch about your plans when you're in the area. If you have time we would love to get together and meet you.

That would be great.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Your birthday cruise New England/East Coast Canada sounds great.  What is itinerary?

eas

At some point we will probably do another Alaska cruise and I think it will be with HAL probably a cruise and land adventure. They do one that includes Carcross, Whitehorse and Dawson City all in the Yukon. I have been to those places but that was in 1977, it would be interesting to see them now. Also HAL does Glacier Bay where Celebrity does not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Your birthday cruise New England/East Coast Canada sounds great.  What is itinerary?

It starts in Boston, then Portland Maine, Saint John New Brunswick, Halifax Nova Scotia, Cornerbrook Newfoundland, Charlottetown PEI finishing with Saguenay, Quebec City and Montreal all in Quebec. There are 3 sea days. We will probably spend a night or 2 in Montreal and the take the train to Ottawa for a couple pf days and fly home from there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

That steak looks like what you would get at a top pub here, eg Breakfast Creek. 

Wow you have a pub that serves a Prime 454 gram rib eye steak? What would they charge for that? The steak as shown in the raw state was $24.00, it was definitely a splurge.

2 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Great stuff.

• Like 1

Wow you have a pub that serves a Prime 454 gram rib eye steak? What would they charge for that? The steak as shown in the raw state was $24.00, it was definitely a splurge.

From the local club menu, 

Screenshot_20220504-135113_Drive.jpg

Yes, you select the type and piece of steak which you want, from a glass cabinet, then they chargrill it for you, how you want it cooked..