Now for something completely different

34 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Last Sunday we had been out watching grandson play football and Rob was feeling unwell later in the day, cold symptoms. As he had a medical appointment Monday morning, thought he should test - he was positive. I started to feel unwell a few days later and tested positive last night. I am feeling quite fatigued and have a very sore throat. Yesterday had a shocking headache, but not today. 

Sorry to hear that, hope you have a quick recovery.

• Like 3

Les, it’s such a relief to see you back in the thread, and to know you have an another exciting cruise adventure to look forward to.  I’ve been very concerned because you always post so many interesting and humorous contributions.  You are courageous and caring to share, because we all, at some stage in our lives, feel a bit lost, and wonderful souls like you help more than you can imagine.  You have the great fortune of raising an amazingly supportive family who obviously care deeply for you.  
Right, now we all want to hear regularly what you’re up to as you count the days to boarding HAL.  Oh, and more foodie photos 😋

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Sorry to hear you have COVID. Rest, rest, rest and drink plenty of water. Get well soon. 🙂

Thank you. Yes, plenty of water being drunk and lots of rest.  Have you recovered from your bout of Covid?

Edited by possum52

57 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Sorry to hear that, hope you have a quick recovery.

Thank you Geoff. I hope so too. So far symptoms aren't too bad, fingers crossed that continues. Hope you are well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NSWP said:

Good afternoon my friends, well I have been AWOL on here for two weeks, been on a downer, all these events hit me, mothers day, wife's 2nd anniversary of passing, wife's birthday, 50th wedding anniversary, so been munching on Prozacs.

Anyway, getting better and my family have pushed me back into cruising, I was not going to do anymore, so finally I got some some domestic cruise travel insurance from 1Cover at a decent price, $238.20, disclosed my conditions with a supporting letter from my GP.

So Uncle Les has deposited a mighty $99 deposit on HAL's Westerdam, 23 November 2022, 'South Australia Discovery Cruise, 13 days, Sydney - Eden - Port Arthur - Hobart (overnight) - Adelaide (overnight) - Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island - Melbourne - Phillip Island - Sydney.   Lashed out on a Balcony Cabin and HAL is fairly decent, not doubling the twin share price for a solo occupant. I reckon the loading is about  50% for sole occupancy. They also gave me US$200 obc, buys a few vinos. #My daily rate for cruise is AU$355, bit pricey yes, but that's life travelling solo.

I have only done 1 HAL cruise prior - on Noordam, sister ship of Westerdam, to Honolulu mid 2019, I liked HAL and the Vista Class ship.

So that is the news folks.😀

I join with others expressing our support. We too were a bit concerned that you hadn't been around here lately, so it's good to get an update mate. Yes a lot of memories there all in close timing. 

Glad you have decided to take another cruise - it sounds like a good one.

Keep in touch. I gave notice last week that I will retire on 1-July, so time will be freer for us, and I hope we can catch up with you again soon.

Take care. After all Dan Murpy's needs your business 🙂 And there's a lot of pies, big breakfasts & steaks to eat, as well as some good Chinese from Raymonds!!!!

We are all here to support you. Please keep in touch thru CC.

Cheers

• Like 6

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

Last Sunday we had been out watching grandson play football and Rob was feeling unwell later in the day, cold symptoms. As he had a medical appointment Monday morning, thought he should test - he was positive. I started to feel unwell a few days later and tested positive last night. I am feeling quite fatigued and have a very sore throat. Yesterday had a shocking headache, but not today. 

Bummer, hope you both feel better

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Thanks Mic. How are you now after your Covid bout?

I am fine, as I only had a little sinus congestion for a day or so,  Some hay fever days are worse.but I agree, plenty of water and rest is good for most things and es good for covid.

• Like 3

Stay safe & we trust you both have a rapid recovery.

• Like 2

Hope you feel better soon, Leigh. Take it easy and look after yourself. 😘

• Like 2

11 hours ago, possum52 said:

Bad news re you getting the lurgy. I reckon you would have been real careful too, doing the right things. Hope you are better soon Leigh. Perhaps you got it from your grandson, the schools have been impacted by it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, possum52 said:

Hope you get well soon. Rest is good apparently helps to minimise long Covid. Similar thing happened to me. First my dad started to get a scratchy throat, did a RAT test and it was covid positive. Then my throat started getting scratchy also did a test Covid positive and then my mum who we thought had a stomach bug also came Covid positive. Been soothing myself with a warmed up mix of apple cider vinegar and honey. Interesting to see how different our symptoms are, my dad just got a sore throat, I got the sore throat with congestion and while my mum got an upset stomach she avoided the sore throat and any congestion issues. 

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, possum52 said:

I hope you and Rob have a speedy recovery and, you have manageable symptoms. Of course the big drag is having to self isolate again. Be well and speedy recovery Leigh. Best regards, Lyle & Lynn

• Like 1

Thanks all for your best wishes to Rob and I. We are getting plenty of rest and keeping the fluids up. We receive a text message from our local health authority a couple of times each day to complete a questionaire on our symptons and how we are feeling. Even though Rob was out of isolation yesterday he is still receiving the texts - we feel we are being looked after quite well.

No Les, didn't get it off grandsons, they haven't had it and test reguarly. We have been careful, we think Rob probably caught it when he was at the local football club for dinner, a few days before testing positive.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, possum52 said:

Hi Leigh..Hope you and Rob are doing better.  Rest and stay hydrated will help, of course.  Wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you.  Take care...

Brandee

1 hour ago, BRANDEE said:

Hi Leigh..Hope you and Rob are doing better.  Rest and stay hydrated will help, of course.  Wishes for a speedy recovery for both of you.  Take care...

Brandee

Thanks Brandee. We're doing ok. I'm finding my sore throat is the worse symptom so far. I have coughed a couple of times today, hopefully that will settle.

• Like 3

Virgin is having a sale on J class flights for travel between 27 June 2022 - 13 April 2023. SYD - BNE for example was $600 return. Qantas is charging approx $1,800 for a similar flight (and they sometimes throw in lost luggage as an added bonus!)

2 hours ago, Snoopkat said:

Virgin is having a sale on J class flights for travel between 27 June 2022 - 13 April 2023. SYD - BNE for example was $600 return. Qantas is charging approx $1,800 for a similar flight (and they sometimes throw in lost luggage as an added bonus!)

Surely you don't mean Sydney to Brisbane? Or do you mean either Sydney or Brisbane to the UK?

46 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Surely you don't mean Sydney to Brisbane? Or do you mean either Sydney or Brisbane to the UK?

Sydney to Brisbane return on Virgin Australia (forgot about Virgin Atlantic so I can see the confusion there!)