Now for something completely different

18 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes, you select the type and piece of steak which you want, from a glass cabinet, then they chargrill it for you, how you want it cooked..  

I just looked at the menu Mic posted, no way you get a 500 gram New York steak for that price around here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

From the local club menu, 

Screenshot_20220504-135113_Drive.jpg

For the information of Lyle and some others...club meals are subsidised by the poker machines (slots to the North Americans.) They are decent prices Mic, much the same as my Golfie and Rissole down here, but sauces/gravies included as are chips, salad, veggie, etc. Members like me also get another couple of bucks off the price. What club is that? Southern Cross?

Edited by NSWP

9 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

No idea why they didn’t post

2431BF83-0153-48FE-8636-CFBC23771CAE.png

29F8A11E-F67F-408A-A06F-3ACA45ACF89F.png

Looks good Mr Gut, average Club prices across NSW - The Premier State, lol.

Can't be bothered to cook tonight, think I will hit the Golfie for a $28 mixed grill with pepper sauce, chips and salad, plus a glass or two of...🍷 I might even lash out for a half a dozen oysters kilpatrick.

Mixed-Grill-b-300x288.jpg.dcf3c63ea8e97220a7930a8a76298568.jpgth.jpg.f31ff53ac61b7845ab818551b3238acd.jpg

Edited by NSWP

26 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Looks good Mr Gut, average Club prices across NSW - The Premier State, lol.

Can't be bothered to cook tonight, think I will hit the Golfie for a $28 mixed grill with pepper sauce, chips and salad, plus a glass or two of...🍷 I might even lash out for a half a dozen oysters kilpatrick.

Mixed-Grill-b-300x288.jpg.dcf3c63ea8e97220a7930a8a76298568.jpgth.jpg.f31ff53ac61b7845ab818551b3238acd.jpg

Often less $$$$$ than cooking at home for one or two. Pretty sure the Rissole only charges about $15 for “Roast of the Day” a few nights a week.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Often less $$$$$ than cooking at home for one or two. Pretty sure the Rissole only charges about $15 for “Roast of the Day” a few nights a week.

The Golfie and Rissole do $15 lunches, choice of half a dozen meals. But evening, full restaurant menu prices. The Golfie does good pizzas too of an evening, around $22.

It was my birthday last Monday, went out to a great Italian in Moruya with my daughter and two grandies. I could only eat half my pizza, yes it had a gf base.  Took the rest home for lunch on Tuesday, lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

The Golfie and Rissole do $15 lunches, choice of half a dozen meals. But evening, full restaurant menu prices. The Golfie does good pizzas too of an evening, around $22.

It was my birthday last Monday, went out to a great Italian in Moruya with my daughter and two grandies. I could only eat half my pizza, yes it had a gf base.  Took the rest home for lunch on Tuesday, lol.

Belated Happy Birthday.  I also always take left overs home much to my daughters' embarrassment.  Did the pizza have a box?  Some leftovers are easier than others, such as Chinese/Thai.

You are lucky to live near your daughter and grandchildren.  Is the dog still there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

For the information of Lyle and some others...club meals are subsidised by the poker machines (slots to the North Americans.) They are decent prices Mic, much the same as my Golfie and Rissole down here, but sauces/gravies included as are chips, salad, veggie, etc. Members like me also get another couple of bucks off the price. What club is that? Southern Cross?

Hellenic but Southern Cross clubs have similar pricing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Belated Happy Birthday.  I also always take left overs home much to my daughters' embarrassment.  Did the pizza have a box?  Some leftovers are easier than others, such as Chinese/Thai.

You are lucky to live near your daughter and grandchildren.  Is the dog still there?

She lives at Moryua, half hr south. It is dodge the roos and wombats on way home at night, lol  Yep the dog still there and bigger every day, Irish wolfhound and something else. Oh yes the half eaten pizza went into a box, lol.

Edited by NSWP

35 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It was my birthday last Monday, went out to a great Italian in Moruya with my daughter and two grandies. I could only eat half my pizza, yes it had a gf base. 

Belated birthday wishes for last Monday. I'm glad you were able to celebrate with your daughter and your grandkids.

• Like 1

Happy belated birthday, Les.

Luckily there is never any left over pizza when we go to our favourite pizzeria. Because it's real Neopolitan pizza - the owner is from Naples and trained as a pizza maker (Pizzaiolo) there - the base is very soft, almost like a pancake with soft, puffy crusts. It's the one type of pizza that isn't quite as nice cold.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Hellenic but Southern Cross clubs have similar pricing.

It's our local too, along with Yacht Club (closed for renos).  Les, we're also members at your Golfie😊.

Where's the Italian in Moruya?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mareblu said:

It's our local too, along with Yacht Club (closed for renos).  Les, we're also members at your Golfie😊.

Church St Pizza, heading south, over the bridge, turn right at the 1st set of traffic control light signals and it is on the right, byo.🍕

7 hours ago, Mareblu said:

F course, the yacht club is where the ACT Cruisers drinks are normally held each month. I think we are going to Jamison for the next meet up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Church St Pizza, heading south, over the bridge, turn right at the 1st set of traffic control light signals and it is on the right, byo.🍕

Yes, I know now.  Red brick front....been there a long time?   Going to Batehaven today for a couple of days.  Just post on here if you'd like to meet up for (a) a drink and a bite at Catalina or somewhere, or just a drink,    (b) a coffee at the Bakery.  And a belated Happy Birthday for last week.  

This is more my size of steak. It's about 200g of tenderloin cooked crusty on the outside and still a bit rare inside. Served with home made oven chips and salad.

20220506_191309.thumb.jpg.19f526ef2578ec1197b37c2f09f92fdc.jpg

Usually I prefer the scotch fillet from my butcher but our local Coles supermarket occasionally has middle cut tenderloins, about 750-800g, which gives me two very nice steaks plus enough left to freeze for two stirfry meals, and not much dearer than two steaks from the butcher. Beef is getting very expensive here.

• Like 2

That's a nice looking meal Julie. I do a similar thing with the potatoes but I leave them as 8mm thick slabs that I toss with oil and seasoned salt and bake in a 200 degree oven until they are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle.

I've tried something like that but thinner. Rolf isn't all that fond of them done that way though.

Sometimes I cube them, toss them in oil, then sprinkle salt flakes and chopped rosemary over them.