Now for something completely different

20 hours ago, By The Bay said:

Is it any wonder that the virus is out of control in one Northern American country and not the other. Here is a photo of two sight-seeing vessels at Niagara Falls. Guess which one is from Canada?

14f234d0-cc7c-11ea-abbf-b4427114dcc0

Maid of the  Mist is chockas.  That vessel has been doing the Falls for many years.  Hornblower looks newer, plenty of space on her. 

Just now, NSWP said:

Maid of the  Mist is chockas.  That vessel has been doing the Falls for many years.  Hornblower looks newer, plenty of space on her. 

Maid of the mist is the US boat, Hornblower is Canadian. I think the point was the concept of social distancing in each country.

Even though New York has made great progress since their initial outbreak, clearly some people don't understand the concept of safe distancing.

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Maid of the mist is the US boat, Hornblower is Canadian. I think the point was the concept of social distancing in each country.

Even though New York has made great progress since their initial outbreak, clearly some people don't understand the concept of safe distancing.

Right there Lyle, I wonder where the tourists hail from on Maid of the Mist, must be from the 'Land of the 'Free.'🔙

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Right there Lyle, I wonder where the tourists hail from on Maid of the Mist, must be from the 'Land of the 'Free.'🔙

Pretty much, I'm not sure how many international tourists would be in the US. I guess Canadians are staying home, I think that the Hornblower could have at least 20 more aboard and still have lots of room for proper distancing.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Pretty much, I'm not sure how many international tourists would be in the US. I guess Canadians are staying home, I think that the Hornblower could have at least 20 more aboard and still have lots of room for proper distancing.

The article said the Hornblower was limited to a total of 10 people, including crew. Hence only 6 paying passengers by the Canadian guidance during the COVID-19 crisis. The land to the south allows 50 under their guidance. Go figure!

Edited by By The Bay

32 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks By The Bay. It seems that mandate by our government is patently unfair. I don't think I would bother letting the lines go for 6 passengers.

If the tours are going I would assume that means it is viable enough. When I visited Niagara my understanding was that they are a privately owned company so the government couldn't be forcing them to run the tours😳.

1 minute ago, ilikeanswers said:

If the tours are going I would assume that means it is viable enough. When I visited Niagara my understanding was that they are a privately owned company so the government couldn't be forcing them to run the tours😳.

My point was the government has mandated a ridiculously low passenger count. If it was my boat it would remain alongside. Six passengers doesn't justify the fuel bill or wages.

8 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

My point was the government has mandated a ridiculously low passenger count. If it was my boat it would remain alongside. Six passengers doesn't justify the fuel bill or wages.

The tour is pretty short you don't have to fill up after every trip and with less weight again I would assume that means less fuel use so maybe it helps even out the cost. And with less passengers I would think it would mean less staff needed. They are choosing to run the tours so I would hope they know what they are doing😂.

8 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

The tour is pretty short you don't have to fill up after every trip and with less weight again I would assume that means less fuel use so maybe it helps even out the cost. And with less passengers I would think it would mean less staff needed. They are choosing to run the tours so I would hope they know what they are doing😂.

I don't know what the passengers on the Maid of the Mist were thinking cruising on such a crowded ship.  Surely they know about social distancing to avoid catching the corona virus. 

21 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I don't know what the passengers on the Maid of the Mist were thinking cruising on such a crowded ship.  Surely they know about social distancing to avoid catching the corona virus. 

I doubt it!

5 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

They're all pretty well covered in PPE.

9 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

They're all pretty well covered in PPE.

They give you that flimsy plastic rainwear, like you know for the water spray.🌊️ Maid of the Mist must buy their blue ponchos in bulk at Walmart.😎

Edited by NSWP

Uncle Les I hear you are doing a road trip. Be safe mate and remember Chivas is an AFTER driving refreshment😁

Don't take my Chivas away Lyle, couple of bottles of wine and some ciders. But I will be going to the local clubs or pubs to be fed and watered..this is a country delicacy...Ye olde Mixed Grill, minus the eggs, not much into them.833531862_th(1).jpg.e9e95f5c6ac62c40ddd17364aabfaa36.jpg

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Looks a right treat Les. I agree it doesn't need the egg. Are there mushrooms on that plate? Are you sure of gluten free snags?

Be safe Les and enjoy the road trip.

Cheers Lyle. Yes over here most snags are gluten free, I generally ask first.  The snags you buy in the supemarkets and most butchers are all GF, they use rice flour mostly as a thickener.  Snags are a national dish in OZ, just like pies.  Many flavours of snags..too many to mention.

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Don't take my Chivas away Lyle, couple of bottles of wine and some ciders. But I will be going to the local clubs or pubs to be fed and watered..this is a country delicacy...Ye olde Mixed Grill, minus the eggs, not much into them.833531862_th(1).jpg.e9e95f5c6ac62c40ddd17364aabfaa36.jpg

Keep the mushrooms and tomato, but I’ll had the rest, even just a feed of steak, chips and eggs will do, o idea cruise lines don’t Offer the stress of real tucker

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Cheers Lyle. Yes over here most snags are gluten free, I generally ask first.  The snags you buy in the supemarkets and most butchers are all GF, they use rice flour mostly as a thickener.  Snags are a national dish in OZ, just like pies.  Many flavours of snags..too many to mention.

For a while I was off to Coffs every few weeks there was a great little butcher on the way home that I’d pick up a different variety of snag every trip, along with whatever standard the boss wanted, a nice chicken and Macadamia, or Lamb and Rosemary or about 100 other varieties.

Steak and eggs used to be a common breakfast item around here but not as often now. A whole variety of eggs Benedict occupies a lot of space on the breakfast menu now. 

Love good old eggs benny too, but usually only get it on my birthday or a cruise, didn’t even get it for my birthday this year. There is a pid cart does a very nice egg Benedict pie up Lismore, only about one day a week, maybe two, and you need to be careful as the hollendaise sauce gets darn hot

6 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Love good old eggs benny too, but usually only get it on my birthday or a cruise, didn’t even get it for my birthday this year. There is a pid cart does a very nice egg Benedict pie up Lismore, only about one day a week, maybe two, and you need to be careful as the hollendaise sauce gets darn hot

The Source cafe at Wickham does very nice egg Benedict for brekky but my favourite is their breakfast burrito.

https://thesourcecafe.com.au/#menus

Edited by lyndarra
menu

I think people like eggs Benny but it's not really an at home breakfast, unless you have a cook on staff to make it for you. Hollandaise sauce is a drag to make, then you have to poach the egg perfectly. It's just easier to order it and have someone else do the work. That's what makes it special, you wouldn't normally get it at home.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 1