Now for something completely different

Dear Lynn and Lyle,

Mario joins me in sending deepest condolences.  You often mentioned your mum (we say mum here, like in England) so I know you were very close, and that's a special way to share a life.  It seems from what you write today that your mum passed peacefully, and with you both by her side, she would have felt extremely loved.  Our SIL's dad passed three weeks ago, after his mum only six months ago.  Today he and our daughter are in Queensland for his cousin's funeral.  He was only fifty, and passed in his sleep with no warning at all.  We need to treasure every living day we share with our loved ones, and book that cruise when we can.  Our warmest wishes,

Linda and Mario

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I am very sorry to hear of Lynn's mother's passing. Even though you knew it was coming, nothing really prepares for that final eventuality. You were very fortunate to be able to spend that precious time with her at the end. Condolences to the family and friends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm afraid it is a rather sad day in the Lyle & Lynn Duck house. We have been aware that Lynn's mom's health has been failing for some time. When we visited yesterday, I definitely had the feeling that she was saying Goodbye to me. Lynn got a call this morning and went in right away, they spent some special time together and Lynn came home. We got a call in the afternoon that she was on her way. We went and sat with her until she passed at just after 5:00 pm. It is very sad but not unexpected, she was 91 years old and until about 10 months ago was quite robust and living in a nice assisted living facility. Then she had a fall and never recovered from that. She moved to a different level of care and it was down hill from there.

Sometimes a passing can be a blessing depending on the circumstances. But the loss is never easy. Condolences to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for your kind messages of condolence. Lynn and I appreciate them more than you know. It was an ongoing concern as to how she would take it when we were planning to be away for 9 weeks. She was  excited for us to goon the trip but I think she would have been very lonely when we were gone. I affectionately called her "Granny" and she enjoyed that, she understood that I had a mom so wouldn't use that and the thought of calling her "Margaret" just wasn't on, nor was "Mrs. Hardy". We will miss her terribly but life does go on.

• Like 7

My 83 year old mum suddenly passed away when my wife and I, and two friends, were on tour in Vietnam.

I flew home for her funeral in Brisbane then back to Vietnam to catch up with with my wife and friends. It all went smoothly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'm afraid it is a rather sad day in the Lyle & Lynn Duck house. We have been aware that Lynn's mom's health has been failing for some time. When we visited yesterday, I definitely had the feeling that she was saying Goodbye to me. Lynn got a call this morning and went in right away, they spent some special time together and Lynn came home. We got a call in the afternoon that she was on her way. We went and sat with her until she passed at just after 5:00 pm. It is very sad but not unexpected, she was 91 years old and until about 10 months ago was quite robust and living in a nice assisted living facility. Then she had a fall and never recovered from that. She moved to a different level of care and it was down hill from there.

Lyle, I am so sorry to hear your news. Condolences to you and especially to Lynn. I am glad you both were able to be with her at the end. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

For those who don't already know, Lyle has been red carded so he'll be taking a sabatical.

That’s awful.  It’s a delicate time for him now.  If you’re reading this, Lyle, we’re thinking of you and Lynn.

What tha! It's difficult to imagine Lyle saying something to deserve a bad monopoly roll, I wanted to add my condolences to all the rest on the loss of Lynn's mum, I'm just catching up with all the happenings.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kristelle said:

Not sure how this red carding thing works - hope you can get back here soon Lyle.

Some posters, on the HAL board, have very thin skins which somehow results in very twisted knickers. AKA crybabies

Edited by lyndarra
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Some posters, on the HAL board, have very thin skins which somehow results in very twisted knickers. AKA crybabies

I have just read the "Again - Early morning walking Promenade" thread on HAL. Wow, there are some entitled passengers on there. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I have just read the "Again - Early morning walking Promenade" thread on HAL. Wow, there are some entitled passengers on there. 

I found it hysterical.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I just kept shaking my head as I read through it Linda. 

Truly, our Aus/NZ threads are the most rational of all.  There are a couple of Oceania threads with childish sniping, continuing for pages, and some rather obsessive types repeating the same things.  Oh well, Leigh, beats TV😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hi all, well after a hectic few weeks, I moved into my new digs last Thursday. Got NBN connected yesterday. All good so far. Ample room for Uncle Les and nice people thus far in other units/villas.

It was 40C when I moved last Thursday, nightmare but did it.  I think I need a cruise !!

Time for happy hour with my new neighbours.

Lyle, sorry to hear about Lyn's Mum.th.jpg.ec7de9a1297e93895033bdaf904f7884.jpg

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Hi all, well after a hectic few weeks, I moved into my new digs last Thursday. Got NBN connected yesterday. All good so far. Ample room for Uncle Les and nice people thus far in other units/villas.

It was 40C when I moved last Thursday, nightmare but did it.  I think I need a cruise !!

Time for happy hour with my new neighbours.

Lyle, sorry to hear about Lyn's Mum.th.jpg.ec7de9a1297e93895033bdaf904f7884.jpg

Hi Les 

Wonderful news.  Sounds like a perfect spot.  A cruise on the Clyde would be just the ticket.

9 hours ago, Kristelle said:

Not sure how this red carding thing works - hope you can get back here soon Lyle.

Lyle should be back with us after a few more days.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mareblu said:

Lyle should be back with us after a few more days.  

Yes, more of a yellow card. There will be others that will have received the same hiatus, and it is a much about winding down the topic as it is about any of the individual participants. I will have to take a look - it usually needs a formal night attire or a tipping topic to lead to a plank walking.

• Haha 2

I am glad they have locked the thread. I am concerned that nobody has addressed the topic of what to do when you are on a relocation cruise between a clockwise country and an anti country.

Equator crossing day would be an absolute nightmare!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5