Surprised at the absence of an Apology from LLP?

clojacks

2 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

The claim is that 200+ passengers went to the port of San Antonio, unaware that the cruise had been cancelled.  Did the cruise line have knowledge?  We can only hope.

You'll have to convince the rest of your would-be fellow passengers of that.  You have yet to address (A) the lack of communication, and (B) the lack of help returning passengers home.

It is truly incredible, watching someone defend a cruise line that would deceive passengers, lie to health officials, withhold refunds for months on end.  But someone who warned about the dangers in advance, with opinions that have not shifted, that's where you draw the line.  Incredible.

I can't address why I got emails every step of the way from Celebrity, and they did not.  Therefore I can't address their problem with "lack of communication".  Everyone I know that was scheduled for the sailing, including some that were on the ship already on back-to-back cruises got the emails. 

As for "help returning home", I didn't book my air through Celebrity.  I took personal responsibility for my air travel.  When plans got changed I took personal responsibility for getting myself home.  Booking the flight literally took me less than ten minutes.  Celebrity is giving me $300.00 toward the cost, purely unbidden; so they did more than I would have any right to expect. 

Your claims that Celebrity lied to health officials, are libelous, and definitely unproven.  Based upon your other posts, I'm assuming you're referring to the Eclipse's eventual docking in San Diego.  You make assumptions about what information was or wasn't conveyed by the Ship's staff, then present your position as fact, when in fact there's no basis to do so.

You go on to say refunds have been withheld for "months on end".  Considering the cancellations due to Corona Virus began in mid-march, "months" (plural) is impossible. 

Your many posts make it clear you've mentally tried and convicted Celebrity.  Don't get offended by those who wait for facts. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Finally, if you witnessed the behavior your describe on your cruise, Celebrity has abundant staff available, and you could have taken enough responsibility upon yourself to notify a staff member.  I'm certain they'd have addressed it.  Who knows, they may have even apologized to you for the experience. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Yes!

We have observed this activity in the Oceanview Cafe on previous cruises. We would immediately find a member of the staff and report it. They were always very thankful, would remove the items of food, discard them, and bring new items from the galley. To watch something like this taking place and not reporting it is reprehensible. I wouldn’t want anyone else on board to possibly get sick because of my inaction, and I would hope that others would do the same.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Not at all, it means I'm done with Celebrity under LLP and Fain.  I am eagerly waiting until the coast is clear to return.

Looking at your future cruises, I see you have a couple cruises booked on HAL.  Do you really think HAL handled the situation much better?  I don't think most people would agree that HAL set the standard on how to deal with Covid-19.  At least Celebrity didn't need to send out a rescue ship.  The last time I checked there were still passengers on a HAL ship that don't have a way to get home.

Enjoy your future cruises on HAL cruises.  Celebrity certainly isn't perfect, but they handled the virus much better than HAL.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, omeinv said:

Your claims that Celebrity lied to health officials, are libelous, and definitely unproven.  Based upon your other posts, I'm assuming you're referring to the Eclipse's eventual docking in San Diego.  You make assumptions about what information was or wasn't conveyed by the Ship's staff, then present your position as fact, when in fact there's no basis to do so.

I've got you covered:

CORONAVIRUS HEALTH PROTOCOLS

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Celebrity Eclipse

We received clearance from port authorities and public health officials to disembark our guests and return them safely to their homes. No guests or crew members reported with symptoms throughout the sailing, and guests are going through exit health screenings when they leave the ship. We remain in continuous contact with public health authorities and appreciate their guidance to protect the well-being of our guests and crew.

9 minutes ago, omeinv said:

You go on to say refunds have been withheld for "months on end".  Considering the cancellations due to Corona Virus began in mid-march, "months" (plural) is impossible. 

According to Celebrity, it is possible.  Many are being told 60-90 days, for cruises from early March, LLP's update letter said 45 days.  At this point, it sounds plural.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, clojacks said:

I probably could have thought out my original post and worded it better. I maybe should have viewed this from the position of a shareholder or Board of Directors member, neither of which I am. As many have said, the passengers on those last few ships after all hell had broken loose and become common knowledge were at fault as well. I agree, but I also believe, as I implied, that the detail of information that Celebrity/Royal management was getting from Government and Disease experts, was almost assuredly way more extensive than what passengers were seeing in the news. With that belief on my part, I feel the cruise lines had WAY more information at their disposal as to the possible development arc of this virus. Consequently, as I stated, and again, maybe from the position of a shareholder or Board of Director, which, again, I am neither of, I feel there are some explanations I am due as to the decision tree that led to Celebrity and others sailing in the waning days before complete shutdown. Those explanations would help me to form an opinion as to how confident I am in my management team in leading my company forward once we are allowed to again. At current, my confidence isn't too high. I know many on here feel that Celebrity has done no worse than anyone else, but I pay a premium price to Celebrity to do better than most others. If you want to be a cheerleader and shout how wonderful LLP is, fine, have at it. I see a level of accountability that they are not being held to that I would like to see answers too, even if as some of you say, I don't deserve them. THAT'S the transparency I would like to see in a company I have supported and sailed on exclusively for almost 10 years.

Wow so you want them to be that transparent to the public? If they are, you can kiss Celebrity goodbye with all the lawsuits that will potentially roll in.

This is hopefully a once in a lifetime event that nobody really had a true clue how to handle. Heck one airline had 100 cabin crew test positive and barely made a blip on the news compared to what the HAL ships did. For some reason Cruise ships are newsworthy. No company, cruise line, airline, etc is going to be that transparent because monday morning quarterbacking will point out that all of them put people at risk. People need to lighten up companies and people are trying to navigate through this as best they can.

Who pays a premium for Celebrity? All things considered the 2022 cruise we have booked is probably one of the cheapest cruises we have booked!

Hope all on the thread are staying safe and healthy.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I've got you covered:

CORONAVIRUS HEALTH PROTOCOLS

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Celebrity Eclipse

We received clearance from port authorities and public health officials to disembark our guests and return them safely to their homes. No guests or crew members reported with symptoms throughout the sailing, and guests are going through exit health screenings when they leave the ship. We remain in continuous contact with public health authorities and appreciate their guidance to protect the well-being of our guests and crew.

According to Celebrity, it is possible.  Many are being told 60-90 days, for cruises from early March, LLP's update letter said 45 days.  At this point, it sounds plural.

And nothing reported goes against the information provided.  The fact that passengers later were found to have the virus does not disprove the above statement.  I'm well aware of the patient that was being treated, with complaints of respiratory difficulties.  I am quite certain her condition would have been discussed with shore-side medical staff,a nd that the public health authorities in the US and San Diego specifically were advised.  She left the ship to the hospital via ambulance, do you suppose it was one of the secret stealth ambulances?  The very presence of the ambulance shows San Diego authorities knew of the patient's existence.  One cannot request an ambulance without a summary of the patient's symptoms and complaints. 

If you're that concerned about a refund, file a credit card dispute, and stop waiting. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Looking at your future cruises, I see you have a couple cruises booked on HAL.  Do you really think HAL handled the situation much better?  I don't think most people would agree that HAL set the standard on how to deal with Covid-19.  At least Celebrity didn't need to send out a rescue ship.  The last time I checked there were still passengers on a HAL ship that don't have a way to get home.

Enjoy your future cruises on HAL cruises.  Celebrity certainly isn't perfect, but they handled the virus much better than HAL.

Yes, I believe HAL handled the situation better.  They didn't leave anyone stranded without airfare home, there aren't any known fibs about sick passengers (at least to my knowledge, unless we count the Ruby Princess investigation).  However you missed my criticism of sailing Westerdam in Asia after RCI pulled out, and continuing sailing after Princess quit all cruising activities.  Like X, I haven't been happy with them selling bogus sailing in May to drum up money, while maintaining refund issues.  If you were to go onto the forum right now, and tell everyone what a poor job HAL did, they're just going to agree with you.  HAL doesn't have the same cheerleaders.

Viking gets the prize for shutting down cruising first, and for not taking money for sailings they know they can't possibly launch.  They've earned our future river cruising, and I hope they enter the premium mass market.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Yes, I believe HAL handled the situation better.  They didn't leave anyone stranded without airfare home, there aren't any known fibs about sick passengers (at least to my knowledge, unless we count the Ruby Princess investigation).  However you missed my criticism of sailing Westerdam in Asia after RCI pulled out, and continuing sailing after Princess quit all cruising activities. ...

Really the Rotterdam and the Zaandam fiasco was about as bad as anything I've seen.

Enjoy your trips on HAL.  I'll see you when you return.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Yup, set about ruining a previously great cruise line.

I agree 100%.  I can't think of anything she has done to make Celebrity better.  Let's see - she's focused on younger more affluent cruisers while ignoring her core passenger group, she's focused on improving the suite experience while taking away venues from the common folk, she's built ships designed to appeal to those younger more affluent cruisers ignoring what her faithful passengers want/need, she's pinched pennies here and there by taking away some of what made Celebrity special to sail with,  she's made stupid choices to save a buck (the footstool debacle immediately comes to mind), she's cut staff when her customer service people already can't keep up with all the calls/refunds,  she's cut staff onboard and made other cuts while at the same time increasing prices considerably.  IMHO Celebrity was a great  cruise line before she took over.  Even before this crisis I had my doubts about where it was going in the future.

• Like 5

Not sure about the rest of you but on my cancellation there was an apology from LLP.

I am truly sorry for the impact this has had on your vacations on such short notice. I know this is very disappointing for all of you and it’s disappointing for me too. But sometimes things happen that are outside of our control. And at Celebrity Cruises, we always have and always will act in the best interest of our guests, crew and employees. We understand the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the world. And this is our part to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure about the rest of you but on my cancellation there was an apology from LLP.

I am truly sorry for the impact this has had on your vacations on such short notice. I know this is very disappointing for all of you and it’s disappointing for me too. But sometimes things happen that are outside of our control. And at Celebrity Cruises, we always have and always will act in the best interest of our guests, crew and employees. We understand the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the world. And this is our part to play.

Geez, Jim, you sure spoiled a 4 page gripe-fest! 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, omeinv said:

First, I was one who went to Santiago (with the plan to go to San Antonio on 3-15-20 to embark).  You are simultaneously claiming others made this trip "unknowingly"; and then that the cruise lines had knowledge. 

If a person made that trip without awareness that Corona Virus was an issue, they had to be beyond ignorant, and actively in denial.  That being said, the knowledge available was not enough to convince those who made the trip that the gamble - and anyone with any awareness would recognize the potential for the cruise to be cancelled - was worth it. 

Celebrity made me, you and everyone booked the offer to cancel for a 100% future cruise credit.  I chose not to accept that offer, apparently you did to.  The very language in the offer, let alone it's reason for existence, was the Corona Virus; so the idea the cruise line "tricked" anyone is disingenuous. 

You write "cruises were cancelled by RCI as of March 13th", you conveniently omit that this was for cruises departing the US.  The decision to cancel this particular cruise was made the next day. 

You want to claim to be both "unknowing" on March 14, 2020, and not judging with the benefit of hindsight today.  With that as your position, at least one facet exposes your dishonesty. 

Harris

Denver, CO

^^^^^^^

Makes sense to me... Just like having travel insurance.

Thank you and bon voyage

7 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Geez, Jim, you sure spoiled a 4 page gripe-fest! 

I’m trying not to be disrespectful but I don’t understand why some of the posters stay on the Celebrity forum. If you keep stating you will never cruise with a celebrity again why keep returning here. I get that people are upset and want their money back as quickly as possible and do want to vent but how many times can you repeat you will never return. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I agree 100%.  I can't think of anything she has done to make Celebrity better.  Let's see - she's focused on younger more affluent cruisers while ignoring her core passenger group, she's focused on improving the suite experience while taking away venues from the common folk, she's built ships designed to appeal to those younger more affluent cruisers ignoring what her faithful passengers want/need, she's pinched pennies here and there by taking away some of what made Celebrity special to sail with,  she's made stupid choices to save a buck (the footstool debacle immediately comes to mind), she's cut staff when her customer service people already can't keep up with all the calls/refunds,  she's cut staff onboard and made other cuts while at the same time increasing prices considerably.  IMHO Celebrity was a great  cruise line before she took over.  Even before this crisis I had my doubts about where it was going in the future.

Phoenix_dream - Perfectly said. 

Add in her fixation with all things female, Goop etc, demonstrates to me that LLP operates in an arrogant bubble and has no interest in how the "little" people live. 

Any resemblance to being "contrite" or coming a smiggen close to an apology will likely never come from LLP.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, yorky said:

I’m trying not to be disrespectful but I don’t understand why some of the posters stay on the Celebrity forum. If you keep stating you will never cruise with a celebrity again why keep returning here. I get that people are upset and want their money back as quickly as possible and do want to vent but how many times can you repeat you will never return. 

I promise, I will never repeat something I didn't ever say in the first place!

20 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

I'm sure Lena can help relieve some of that stress when you take her for a walk. 😊 🐕

Yes that definitely helps.  Wheaten Terriers are  non-shedding and grow hair like humans.  We normally have to groom her every 6 weeks.  Right now she looks like Cousin It from the Addams Family! 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, yorky said:

To be fair, I don't recall seeing any posts about "never" cruising with Celebrity again, but I have seeing a few with caveats. Which I see nothing wrong with posting. Posting on here doesn't mean you had to drink the Celebrity KoolAid to share your opinion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Yes that definitely helps.  Wheaten Terriers are  non-shedding and grow hair like humans.  We normally have to groom her every 6 weeks.  Right now she looks like Cousin It from the Addams Family! 

We can definitely relate to Lena's need for grooming.

We have a Norwich Terrier, who is quickly approaching the Cousin It coiffure. 😁

21 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

We will never be totally safe from a virus....I'd cruise tomorrow...as long as folks from NY/NJ area couldn't board.  That seems to be by FAR the hardest hit area of the Country.  Many areas of the Country, this is a big nothing burger.  

ROFL. That's completely the way to get it. The thing didn't start there - it spread there because it spreads easily, and those there took the initial attitude that there was nothing to worry about as it wasn't elsewhere in the US. Just like the attitude above.

17 hours ago, omeinv said:

And nothing reported goes against the information provided.  The fact that passengers later were found to have the virus does not disprove the above statement.  I'm well aware of the patient that was being treated, with complaints of respiratory difficulties.  I am quite certain her condition would have been discussed with shore-side medical staff,a nd that the public health authorities in the US and San Diego specifically were advised.  She left the ship to the hospital via ambulance, do you suppose it was one of the secret stealth ambulances?  The very presence of the ambulance shows San Diego authorities knew of the patient's existence.  One cannot request an ambulance without a summary of the patient's symptoms and complaints. 

If you're that concerned about a refund, file a credit card dispute, and stop waiting. 

Harris

Denver, CO

Actually, what has been reported DOES go against the information.

As revealed elsewhere passengers onboard did have symptoms, hence the information was not true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorky said:

I’m trying not to be disrespectful but I don’t understand why some of the posters stay on the Celebrity forum.

That's an easy one to answer--

Some people just like to get a reaction from their continuous negative comments.

Pick any subject, and they will find fault. 

If I read one more post about " I want my refund and Celebrity are bums and mismanaged " , I'll, I'll --

LOL---- Let's see how long it will take before someone tells me " Bye. Bye " 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1