Ruby Princess - Special Inquiry - Evidence To Date

12 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Is there? Happening where and when?
These would only happen if a criminal offence was proven wouldn’t it?

where and when? Good questions. In private at this stage, not like the Special Commission.

Further information about the Three Investigations.

Police Investigation

The criminal and coronial investigations into the cruise ship, happening concurrently, are investigating whether the agencies involved in crucial decisions understood the COVID-19 risks and acted appropriately. Source

50 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

The Police investigation is actually being conducted by a specially formed unit from the Homicide Squad if memory serves me right and I seem to remember the murder word being used.

58 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Fuller seemed quite determined to prove there was a criminal offence (unspecified at the time) committed by Princess when he announced there would be a police investigation back in March.

But, as I mentioned earlier, he's been very quiet on that issue lately, especially after receiving his (unwarranted?) pay increase.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Fuller seemed quite determined to prove there was a criminal offence (unspecified at the time)

I think you mean when the waiters come out of the kitchen and sing during dinner. Didn't they have incriminating footage??  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Perhaps Commissioner Walker could call Commissioner Fuller to answer some questions. 

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Wouldn't I like to see that!!!

Me too! 🤣

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

Perhaps Commissioner Walker could call Commissioner Fuller to answer some questions. 

21 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Wouldn't I like to see that!!!

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Me too! 🤣

Could be entertaining

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Could be entertaining

And possibly enlightening if Bret lives up to his reputation of extracting the truth from witnesses regardless of how hard they try to spin it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nnps said:

The Police investigation is actually being conducted by a specially formed unit from the Homicide Squad if memory serves me right and I seem to remember the murder word being used.

All references to Police Investigations are in April and are by the Media only. After this date there is nothing .......... except the Special Inquiry with Bret Walker SC. Even the ABC are siding with him now  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-11/ruby-princess-coronavirus-nsw-health-review-savaged-as-spin/12341468

27 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

All references to Police Investigations are in April and are by the Media only. After this date there is nothing .......... except the Special Inquiry with Bret Walker SC. Even the ABC are siding with him now  https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-11/ruby-princess-coronavirus-nsw-health-review-savaged-as-spin/12341468

No doubt the Police inquiry is not providing a running comment to news outlets. I cannot see them releasing their finding until after the Special Commission.

There were posts I have read where people off the cruise have been contacted by the Police. BRANDEE in a post mentioned the Police contacting passengers and here is another reference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

No doubt the Police inquiry is not providing a running comment to news outlets. I cannot see them releasing their finding until after the Special Commission.

There were posts I have read where people off the cruise have been contacted by the Police. BRANDEE in a post mentioned the Police contacting passengers and here is another reference.

Copied from your post on April 17 -

“Thousands of passengers who sailed on the last two voyages of the stricken Ruby Princess cruise ship will be questioned, as NSW Policeinvestigate the massive coronavirus outbreak linked to the vessel.“

We are two of those passengers, and to date, 12 June, have not been contacted by anyone.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But that was two months ago. I suspect the police will wait until the Special Commission is over then quietly close their investigation.

I agree with you. With everything that has happened I cannot see NSW running three investigations on the same event, when one Special (very expensive one) will find the answer??

23 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Copied from your post on April 17 -

“Thousands of passengers who sailed on the last two voyages of the stricken Ruby Princess cruise ship will be questioned, as NSW Policeinvestigate the massive coronavirus outbreak linked to the vessel.“

We are two of those passengers, and to date, 12 June, have not been contacted by anyone.

I am not surprised, they are so busy lately. Perhaps the questions will come for xmas.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, christodan said:

I think you mean when the waiters come out of the kitchen and sing during dinner. Didn't they have incriminating footage??  🤣

That was when the crew were seen partying with the passengers 😏

41 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

That was when the crew were seen partying with the passengers 😏

The Police Commissioner claimed the crew were 'partying with the passengers' and 'dancing with passengers' when they were simply doing the usual baked Alaska parade. Another term used was 'song and dance routine'. 🤣The Commissioner demonstrated that he doesn't know the usual procedure on ships and misinterpreted a short video clip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The Police Commissioner claimed the crew were 'partying with the passengers' and 'dancing with passengers' when they were simply doing the usual baked Alaska parade. Another term used was 'song and dance routine'. 🤣The Commissioner demonstrated that he doesn't know the usual procedure on ships and misinterpreted a short video clip.

I know couldn't believe it when I saw that. Sunrise went on & on & on about, obviously they or ignorant to the ways of cruising as well. One of my favorite night's on the ship😁

17 minutes ago, joejoe 59 said:

I know couldn't believe it when I saw that. Sunrise went on & on & on about, obviously they or ignorant to the ways of cruising as well. One of my favorite night's on the ship😁

Don’t know about any other of the Princess ships, but on Ruby the Baked Alaska’s in the parade were fake 🙄 so no one ate these ones.

7 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Don’t know about any other of the Princess ships, but on Ruby the Baked Alaska’s in the parade were fake 🙄 so no one ate these ones.

Yes been fake for years. I guess it's a good thing as the last thing we need is a fire on a ship...Now that would be everyone's worst nightmare,  I know it's mine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Porky55 said:

RE Police investigation - even if this investigation is concluded by the end of the year - and the police think that they have sufficient  evidence to prove that a criminal offence has been committed - it is still to the Director of Public Prosecutions to independently assess the evidence, to decide IF any prosecution is to be commenced - not a foregone conclusion, looking at DPP's past decisions.

Secondly,  re the important Special Inquiry -  in the helpful Porky55 link to the abc.net, it quotes in more details what Bret Walker said - like these :

" Let me be blunt," Mr Walker said.

"Spin is a form of dishonesty. Half truth perhaps. Weasel words, certainly. But all with a bias to producing a particular intended effect on the reader, regardless of the merits.

"Something that an impartial public servant would have nothing to do with. Do you agree?"

Dr Tobin conceded the wording could have been improved"

---------------------

'Mr Walker asked: "What can you tell me concerning the possibility that this is a document which is unmeritoriously assembling ex post facto excuses, regardless of whether they are true or false?"

"I don't think that was the intention of the report," Dr Tobin replied'.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cyrix400 said:

RE Police investigation - even if this investigation is concluded by the end of the year - and the police think that they have sufficient  evidence to prove that a criminal offence has been committed - it is still to the Director of Public Prosecutions to independently assess the evidence, to decide IF any prosecution is to be commenced - not a foregone conclusion, looking at DPP's past decisions.

Once the results and recommendations of the Special Commission are handed down, I would think that the Police investigation will be shelved to gather dust.

Just now, By The Bay said:

Once the results and recommendations of the Special Commission are handed down, I would think that the Police investigation will be shelved to gather dust.

As we used to say...'In the too hard basket' OR 'On the Back Burner.'😁   All the associated papers would end up in the 'one way fax.' (ye olde shredder.)🤢

• Like 2