Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

16 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Well, multiple threads saying yawn re the latest offer might make them give us more reasonable ones.  Like, I'm going to book Retreat for 10 points bonus????

Oops, I read it wrong. Never mind... 😳

Edited by C-Dragons

On 6/28/2020 at 5:05 PM, gerelmx said:

I suspect that I am not receiving the emails of this promotion since foreigners by law cannot participate, you need to be USA or Canada citizen.

Not true, Celebrity.co.uk are also participating. 

It did take 2 days to catch up with the original link from  celebrity.com, first posted on here, on page 1 of this thread.

My email includes my Captains Club number, so it certainly is authentic and  isn’t illegal.

Edited by upwarduk

THIS WEEK’S ACTIVITY
Make a New Booking in The Retreat® by July 12th
and earn 100 Power Up Points.

If I could afford a stay in the retreat, I probably would not need extra Power Up Points. Guess will have to Keep my  Veranda, with the occasional Aqua.🛳🛳

Edited by ROYALBOY

5 minutes ago, groryjm said:

What about the Three I have already got booked for 2021......

The T&C for this week say that it is only for new bookings, but "Power Up Points [are] to be awarded once per eligible booking". So theoretically, you could cancel all three, make new bookings and grab all those wonderful points. Of course, prices are probably far higher and cancellation penalties might apply as you are in the UK, but what the heck, all those "free" points are just begging to be collected!:classic_smile:

3 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Not true, Celebrity.co.uk are also participating. 

It did take 2 days to catch up with the original link from  celebrity.com, first posted on here, on page 1 of this thread.

My email includes my Captains Club number, so it certainly is authentic and  isn’t illegal.

I have received several Captains Club emails with my number but without the Power Point Promos

image.jpeg.5abb99938a8647d69a35f21038f1937b.jpeg

We're thinking about booking a sky suite as a "space holder" cruise on a 4 day Bahamas cruise in Mar 2022 with a $200 refundable deposit. Then, later on we would switch it to a lesser category and possibly a different ship and date once the new itineries come out in November. Worst case we cancel the booking in Nov 2021, long after the 10 points have been awarded for simply booking a suite. Afterall, that's all you were required to do to get the 100 points.

46 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We're thinking about booking a sky suite as a "space holder" cruise on a 4 day Bahamas cruise in Mar 2022 with a $200 refundable deposit. Then, later on we would switch it to a lesser category and possibly a different ship and date once the new itineries come out in November. Worst case we cancel the booking in Nov 2021, long after the 10 points have been awarded for simply booking a suite. Afterall, that's all you were required to do to get the 100 points.

In the fine print it states that if you do not go on the booking that yielded 10 points, they subtract the 10 points when the booking (or suite, if downgraded) is cancelled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ROYALBOY said:

THIS WEEK’S ACTIVITY
Make a New Booking in The Retreat® by July 12th
and earn 100 Power Up Points.

If I could afford a stay in the retreat, I probably would not need extra Power Up Points. Guess will have to Keep my  Veranda, with the occasional Aqua.🛳🛳

A more fair activity would have been a graduated scale (for all booking categories); however, likely easier to keep track of just one category should people bail prior to the cruise (either cancelling or downgrading), in which those 10 points earned are taken away (it’s in the fine print).

46 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Sorry, check out the last sentence  of the terms: If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed.

Activity Terms: Offer applies to new individual bookings. Captain’s Club Members receiving this email are eligible to receive 100 Power Up Points when they make any new booking in The Retreat® between 7/1/2020 and 7/12/2020. The offer applies to each Captains Club member in the suite. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible booking. To qualify, booking must include member’s first name, last name, date of birth and loyalty ID. Once the booking is complete, the eligible member must complete the form at the ‘Enter Booking Details’ link above and enter their first name, last name, loyalty ID, booking ID, ship name and sail date. Details entered in the form must match those on the booking to qualify. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and temporarily added to a participating member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end. If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

In the fine print it states that if you do not go on the booking that yielded 10 points, they subtract the 10 points when the booking (or suite, if downgraded) is cancelled.

Oh well, I guess it pays to read the fine print. Thanks for pointing that out.

10 hours ago, rakes5 said:

Sorry, check out the last sentence  of the terms: If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed.

Activity Terms: Offer applies to new individual bookings. Captain’s Club Members receiving this email are eligible to receive 100 Power Up Points when they make any new booking in The Retreat® between 7/1/2020 and 7/12/2020. The offer applies to each Captains Club member in the suite. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible booking. To qualify, booking must include member’s first name, last name, date of birth and loyalty ID. Once the booking is complete, the eligible member must complete the form at the ‘Enter Booking Details’ link above and enter their first name, last name, loyalty ID, booking ID, ship name and sail date. Details entered in the form must match those on the booking to qualify. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and temporarily added to a participating member’s Club Points balance within 14 days after the month’s end. If the qualifying booking is cancelled, points awarded will be removed.

Seems fair to me.

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

They say: "It’s fun and simple—the more you participate, the more you’ll earn, right from home."

Week:

#1, 2 CC points to get you hooked

#2, 2 CC points to get you to post positive things about them on social media

#3, 1 CC point to find out if you prefer bundled or a la carte pricing

#4 ,10 CC points to get a retreat deposit

Any week #5 predictions?

Think it is a good way to get information on what we like, ie bundling.  Although I could tell them to make it flexible to spread

I would also think that keeping people engaged would be a good use of power points. 

My fear is that the levels will move up with grandfathering in for those who have already attained a specific level.  Gain 10 points via Power Point promotions, but now the points needed to get to the next level for me increased by 50 (for example).  HOPE not.

So, I would think another easy way to earn a point (survey), then back to more commit/effort to get the next few points. 

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

They say: "It’s fun and simple—the more you participate, the more you’ll earn, right from home."

Week:

#1, 2 CC points to get you hooked

#2, 2 CC points to get you to post positive things about them on social media

#3, 1 CC point to find out if you prefer bundled or a la carte pricing

#4 ,10 CC points to get a retreat deposit

Any week #5 predictions?

Yes 25 CC points if you agree to delay your refund.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Considering the price of booking a suite, IMO, X should be giving 25 points for this activity. 50 points should be given for delaying refunds. 😉

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2020 at 9:13 AM, TeeRick said:

I'm surprised Celebrity didn't think of something like this.  They could have awarded full CC points for cancelled cruises if you agree not to take a refund, in lieu of the extra 25% FCC.  This would have cost them less in the long run if people opted for points instead of extra credit.

While I give Celebrity credit for generating some interest in their program during a down time, I look at the Power Up points as an amusing entertainment while I'm stuck (mostly) at home. My wife and I are 33 CC points short of Elite status, counting the few Power Up points from the surveys in June. We booked an April 2022 transpacific in the Retreat (S2 on Solstice) on June 28, to ensure we were confirmed before the promotion ended. This came with the four included packages: unlimited wif-fi (each), premium beverage package (each), pre-paid gratuities (each), and $300 OBC (together). If we cancel and rebook for the Power Up points, we would be only 23 CC point short of Elite, but the current price is $350 pp higher than we paid.

That clearly isn't worth it, even if the number of points would put us over the Elite threshold. Most of the additional benefits (e.g., Happy Hour, 90 minutes Internet, etc.) are already covered by the package we purchased, and those that are not (e.g., laundry) have never proven to be of particular benefit to us. So, it is kind of fun to get a CC point here and there, but it is definitely not changing my bookings. I'm assuming Celebrity is looking to keep folks engaged with the brand and maybe get lucky with a couple of "spontaneous" deposits here and there.

By the way, the only Sky Suite or Celebrity Suite available for April 2022 was the guarantee category (which did still come with the four benefits). Evidently, bookings are popular enough that the inventory of rooms that can be assigned has already been taken. While I assume this is largely due to people using FCC from cancellations, it doesn't really sound as though Celebrity needs to worry too much about promoting new bookings.

Edited by ExArkie
Corrected a mistake

26 minutes ago, mfrc said:

has anyone cc points been posted to the their accounts? I should have 3 and still nothing

32 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I thought they said 14 days after the end of the month. It is only 6 at this point.

Yep, see the Celebrity page https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits#power-up-points where it says the following:

image.png.3739b9c336a10579bb09a39f621bee77.png

And here is some of the fine print in Full Terms and Conditions on https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll:

... Power Up Points can be earned for various non-sailing activities such as taking surveys, participating in social media activities and making bookings. Opportunities to earn Power Up Points are emailed to eligible members by Celebrity Cruises from time to time. Power Up Points convert to Club points at a ratio of 10 Power Up Points to 1 Club Point. All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month are converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point. All terms and conditions of a Power Up Points activity must be met to be eligible to receive the associated Power Up Points. Eligible members may participate once per activity. The processing of personal information related to Power Up Points activities is subject to our Privacy Policy available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/privacy-policy and our Social Media Fan Page Notice available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/social . Certain Power Up Points activities may be construed as financial incentive(s) under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You may opt in/out by your participation in any Power Up Point activity. Club Points converted from Power Up Points are subject to all terms and conditions of the Captains Club program. Power Up Points and Captains Club program terms and conditions are subject to change at any point without prior notice...

Hope this information will be satisfactory!  emo34.gif 

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif