Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

8 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Same.  There doesn't seem to be a "must be booked after this date" wording in the fine print. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ditto.  Under the Activity Terms section it does identify for 'new booking' so that might be the behind the scenes line in the sand but guess we shall see.  I see it also states points will be 'temporarily' applied the next month much like doing any other PUP activity and if the cruise is cancelled the points will be removed so we should know next month if a cruise qualified or not.  I booked October 28th and I'm not rebooking just for this but it's sucky !!  I might cancel anyway so there's that too.

Only took a couple seconds to submit the info so why not.

25 minutes ago, poffles said:

I see it also states points will be 'temporarily' applied the next month much like doing any other PUP activity

I took part in the last ‘book a cruise’ activity last month, but was not credited with any points this November.

I have sent the screen shot, which I took after submitting and have sent it to the Captain’s Club, mentioning that it just states that they have to verify the booking and questioning whether I have to take the cruise before I get the points awarded. 
No reply as yet.

C62C3290-63B8-41DB-B88C-530BB43E0ECE.thumb.png.593af80852d15ca3d4c3935d92aef019.png

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I took part in the last ‘book a cruise’ activity last month, but was not credited with any points this November.

I have sent the screen shot, which I took after submitting and have sent it to the Captain’s Club, mentioning that it just states that they have to verify the booking and questioning whether I have to take the cruise before I get the points awarded. 
No reply as yet.

C62C3290-63B8-41DB-B88C-530BB43E0ECE.thumb.png.593af80852d15ca3d4c3935d92aef019.png

Was yours a new booking or were you doing what myself and others are doing and just entering an existing booking in the PUP form? If it wasn't a new booking perhaps the no points added might be the reason? Or perhaps they were doing it different in the past PUP offers and not adding until after sail date?  It's impossible to follow the bouncing ball on anything these days.

I would be quite interested in the response you get.

Edited by poffles

Yesterday at 4pm, we got the 50 PUP booking offer.  The day before that we booked a 7 night Apex cruise (Mar 2022)!  It is not worth getting my TA to rebook this to guarantee that the booking was made within the promotion's undeclared start time window.  But, I went ahead and submitted the filled out form anyway.  We will see what happens.

11 hours ago, malted muse said:

Hmmm it does say ‘make a booking’ and not ‘existing bookings’ but your idea of giving it a go is appealing- I will try it as well. I know it’s only a few points but when you have done a b2b and been only 3 points below moving up a level AND missed the book now pups so narrowly twice...

Nothing but a few minutes to lose. I submitted both our 2022 cruises. If I get them, great. If not, oh well. 🙂

On 11/18/2021 at 3:16 AM, davekathy said:

Received another PUPs offer late this afternoon. Another book and cruise between 1 Dec. 2021 - 30 March 2023. 

Hi, are you able to post the URL for this promotion in to this forum as I have not recieved this promotional email and would like to take advantage of this offer.

Many thanks in advance 🙂

3 hours ago, 1CruiserCruiserCruiser said:

Hi, are you able to post the URL for this promotion in to this forum as I have not recieved this promotional email and would like to take advantage of this offer.

Many thanks in advance 🙂

Welcome to CC. Sorry, I deleted the Email as I wasn't interested in that PUPs offer.  

On 11/20/2021 at 3:36 AM, 1CruiserCruiserCruiser said:

Many thanks in advance 🙂

The email did mention that if you book through a travel advisor to include name, membership number and date of birth or it won't qualify. So there must be some good way to TA's to do this. I would then also think that a phone call to Captain's Club would accomplish the same thing.

On 11/20/2021 at 5:36 AM, 1CruiserCruiserCruiser said:

Many thanks in advance 🙂

@1CruiserCruiserCruiser

Howdy! emo22.gif

Please note some PUP offers have stated the following: Note: This link should not be shared with others; it is unique to you. 

When you do start receiving the PUP emails, the subject will be Here’s Your Next Chance to Earn Power Up Points and they will be from Captain's Club at captainsclub@email.celebritycruises.com.

I hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat  emo32.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I complete two Captains Club Power Up Points tasks. One in October and one in November, It appears that they have not credited my Captains Club points total. I believe they were each for 10 Power Up Points that should translate to 1 Captains Club Points. Is there anyway to check if they credited my Power Up Points or is there a phone number I should reach out to? 

Edited by HBDave

20 minutes ago, HBDave said:

I complete two Captains Club Power Up Points tasks. One in October and one in November, It appears that they have not credited my Captains Club points total. I believe they were each for 10 Power Up Points that should translate to 1 Captains Club Points. Is there anyway to check if they credited my Power Up Points or is there a phone number I should reach out to? 

Best way is to know what your CC points were before taking the PUP events and then log into Celebrity's website to check your points a month or so after. 

Captains Club ph.no. 1-800-760-0654. 

22 minutes ago, malted muse said:

I doubt it - these are normally for new bookings only.

You're probably right as I just looked at the fine print in the T&C. But, it was fun playing anyway and since we have already made Elite+, in part, from the 90+ Power Up Points we've accumulated so far, it's no big deal as Zenith is so far off.

Activity Terms: Offer applies to new individual bookings. Captain’s Club Members receiving this email are eligible to earn 50 Power Up Points for booking select sailings, 4 nights or longer, departing December 18, 2021 – December 27, 2021. Eligible sailings listed here. Offer is applicable to new bookings made between December 8, 2021 – December 27, 2021.

• Like 1

Is there somewhere you can validate that your PUP have been given to you correctly? I had wrongly assumed there would be some type of tracker but I can't find anything on the website or app except my past cruises.

6 minutes ago, vms said:

Is there somewhere you can validate that your PUP have been given to you correctly? I had wrongly assumed there would be some type of tracker but I can't find anything on the website or app except my past cruises.

There is no official tracker if that's what you're looking for. The way we figure out how many CC points we have received so far is to go to our Personalizer, count the number of CC points we've received from past cruises. Then subtract that number from the total number of CC points we've accrued overall. Just remember the PUP CC points won't be posted until on or just before the 15th of the month with the prior month's winnings.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Offer is applicable to new bookings made between December 8, 2021 – December 27, 2021.

Yes I ran into this on the last one.   I had moved an onboard booking I had made for 2023 to a short Summit sailing in Nov within the booking dates.  I didn't get the PUP points I'm assuming because the original date on the booking number was months earlier.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

I got my 2 CC points for the November survey

I got mine as well. First power-up thing I did (my first X cruise is in a week), so I went from Preview to Classic. A quick quiz for free gelato - worth it to me. Lol.