Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

15 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Text and messaging rates apply.  💵💲

What’s next, sign up for collect calls?📞☎️

Who doesn't have unlimited texts these days?  This one seems like a no brainer for anyone that does.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

This is the first PUP activity for which I received no invitation. Is it restricted to US residents? My plan includes text messages to and from both Canada and the US at no extra cost, so I'd take the points if the offer was extended.

We told them to leave you out of this one.  🙂

6 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

We told them to leave you out of this one.  🙂

Gee, thanks. Knowing how well Celebrity's IT group works, you can probably expect phone calls at 2:00AM, and trying to opt our won't work! 😁

• Like 1

Your phone has do not disturb settings which can be tweaked to allow family, emergency notices, or anyone you choose to come thru.  My automatic DND begins at 10 each night and turns itself off at 8 the next morning.  Works great.  If call/text comes thru in wee hrs, it's important.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

You must be using an Apple

LOL. Mine is an Apple/iPhone (not by choice as it’s a work phone so don’t judge me) and it definitely has DND as I use it.  It is more likely the age of the technology at play if this is not an option.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, poffles said:

Seems here in Canada might not be included either as this one didn't reach me here either.  That sucks. 

I wonder how it connects the cell phone number you enter for text to your actual Celebrity Club account since it doesn't ask for this?

When I registered using the email link it asked for my phone number. DH also.

28 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

All smartphones have DND, doesn't matter brand.

When either Apple or Google adds a good feature the other one usually follows with the same. They could be running an old version of the OS software though before DND was implemented. 

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Who wants tones and whistles and whatever other text alert sound just to get marketing?  What time of day or night will they send them?  How often? August is a long way away.  No thanks.

Let's not shame X's texting program either.

17 hours ago, Mike981 said:

Not that big of a deal, but I got a chuckle out of:

"We'll update your account with your 30 Power Up Points within 14 days of month's end."

Is that before or after the months end? 🙃

Technically, for April that would exclude only the 15th or 16th, as the rest of the days are within 14 days of one or the other end of the month. Of course, it actually doesn't specify which month.

Edited by ExArkie
corrected typo

On 4/2/2021 at 12:43 PM, TeaBag said:

Maybe they don't know we have cell phones in Canada.  I didn't get it either, but I'm not bothered as it seems to be more trouble than it's worth.

Shoot, they don't even know what is Canada and what is not.  See all the texts about Halifax not being in Canada.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I signed up and have no issues with it. August will come soon enough if I want to STOP texts.

I guess too it is a matter of how close you may be to your desired level and what you are willing to do to get there.  I am now a 'handful' from next level.