Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Shoot, they don't even know what is Canada and what is not.  See all the texts about Halifax not being in Canada.

Sort of reminds me of the ones that say Alaska and Hawaii are not in the US!

18 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

I signed up and have no issues with it. August will come soon enough if I want to STOP texts.

I guess too it is a matter of how close you may be to your desired level and what you are willing to do to get there.  I am now a 'handful' from next level.

You are correct - last month's PUP deposit put me at 301 CC points, just barely over the threshold for the Elite tier. No way will additional PUPs get me to Elite Plus.

If future PUP activities are for a survey, quizzes about new features/ports/itineraries/etc., then I'll probably continue with them (I did partake of the "Exotics" Webinar). Otherwise, I'll skip anything that requires social media interaction, continuing commitments (e.g., text subscription), or otherwise causes a slight inconvenience - what, take 15 minutes to film a video...no thanks.

21 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Shoot, they don't even know what is Canada and what is not.  See all the texts about Halifax not being in Canada.

To be fair, there is a town called Halifax in Virginia. Pretty sure that the Banister River would not accommodate a cruise ship, though.

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

Sorry, I know it’s been posted before... but I can’t find it.

Looking for the email-address to write to if points didn’t show up on my account...

Thank you and Happy Easter!

CelebrityEngagementCenter AT celebrity DOT com 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

From Captain’s Club, when I wrote to report the freezing of the Webinar:

Hello,

We're sorry to hear that you experienced technical difficulties! The webinar can be viewed at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xUZXQN0J7Q . You will receive 50 Power Up Points.

There's absolutely no way Celebrity would be able to track if anyone views the webinar on that Youtube link, there isn't even a link to a form that one would have to fill out or anything like that. The 50 points must be given to you based solely on your (rightful) claim that you tried watching it live, but experienced freezing. So unfortunately this is not a "hack" for anyone else who may not receive their PUP for viewing the webinar due to freeing/fallout/etc. They would have to write Celebrity as well, but would probably get the same standard answer and receive the 50 PUP as well.

3 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

There's absolutely no way Celebrity would be able to track if anyone views the webinar on that Youtube link, there isn't even a link to a form that one would have to fill out or anything like that. The 50 points must be given to you based solely on your (rightful) claim that you tried watching it live, but experienced freezing. So unfortunately this is not a "hack" for anyone else who may not receive their PUP for viewing the webinar due to freeing/fallout/etc. They would have to write Celebrity as well, but would probably get the same standard answer and receive the 50 PUP as well.

I previously posted (posts 2350 and 2420) that the March newsletter, which came out at the end of the month, had info on linking to the webinar and earning the 50 PUP.   IIRC, at the bottom of the original email about the webinar, there was also a statement saying that if you could not attend the webinar, there would be information in the March newsletter about viewing it and earning the PUP.   I had missed seeing this when I first read the webinar email.

Since we were too late to get in on the webinare, we registered from the newsletter to watch it.   I believe that the newsletters are posted on the Celebrity website, so the link should be available there for anyone who needs it.

4 hours ago, the mice said:

I previously posted (posts 2350 and 2420) that the March newsletter, which came out at the end of the month, had info on linking to the webinar and earning the 50 PUP.   IIRC, at the bottom of the original email about the webinar, there was also a statement saying that if you could not attend the webinar, there would be information in the March newsletter about viewing it and earning the PUP.   I had missed seeing this when I first read the webinar email.

Since we were too late to get in on the webinare, we registered from the newsletter to watch it.   I believe that the newsletters are posted on the Celebrity website, so the link should be available there for anyone who needs it.

Yep, there is a link on the March newsletter. It says the chance for PUP ended April 4. The link now just shows "The Webinar has Ended". At least the YouTube link allows you to watch the video if nothing else.

23 hours ago, the mice said:

Thanks, hadn't seen that. Maybe this will be the case for all future webinars as well.

Have gotten, I think, 2-3 text messages since earning the 3 CC points.  At least for me, that is a reasonable   number and can delete sometime in August if they get to be   annoying.

Waiting on March's PUP to CC points posting and for our next opportunity to earn more CC points.

Also watched a show about a smaller ship sailing around Eastern Canada.  Ready to quit watching and get onboard!  

3 hours ago, gerelmx said:

If I cancel my FB account, will I lose the points already received?

If by FB you mean cancelling a FaceBook account, my experience is it is by design virtually impossible.  I have not used FB since Sept 2016, deleted the app and all my information yet I still get the so and so has just checked in to xxx restaurant (and I am pretty sure while there they posted a pic of the most incredible burger ever produced at Applebee's) or has updated their profile or posted a new picture/selfie.  So annoying.

7 minutes ago, KWW88 said:

If by FB you mean cancelling a FaceBook account, my experience is it is by design virtually impossible.  I have not used FB since Sept 2016, deleted the app and all my information yet I still get the so and so has just checked in to xxx restaurant (and I am pretty sure while there they posted a pic of the most incredible burger ever produced at Applebee's) or has updated their profile or posted a new picture/selfie.  So annoying.

image.png.726f361dcbbd96299343fe6a2e3371b2.png

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I got a new PUP email. A quiz.  10 PUP. Learn about the new sailings.

I must be brain dead today, I just read the info (multiple times) and have tried 4 times and can't get the answers correct!   Is there a trick question in the quiz?

5 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I must be brain dead today, I just read the info (multiple times) and have tried 4 times and can't get the answers correct!   Is there a trick question in the quiz?

The answer about when the Apex sails is now

6 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yes I had to reread the question about the Apex.  It doesn't ask when it sails, but when it is AVAILABLE to book, which is already for sale.  Hope this helps. Luckily they let you keep trying. lol