Diamond Club Theory when we return

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

We had no issues getting our diamond drinks in the MDR for any of our sailing in all of 2019 (Anthem, Harmony, Serenade, Anthem, Mariner).  What class wasn't allowing it?  

Key word here might just be "2019" you think as a newer fleet wide policy and not just hit or miss ?

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Key word here might just be "2019" you think as a newer fleet wide policy and not just hit or miss ?

Agree about 2019. When we did a B2B cruise on the Jewel March 2017 on the first leg we were allowed to order the C&A HH drinks in the MDR (MTD) but not on the second leg. Same table for both legs but different wait staff and head waiter. When we were told no (ok no biggie), I took both of our Sea Pass cards to the nearest bar and got our drinks and returned to the MDR. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If my memory serves me correct, all dining venues fleetwide started accepting the C&A HH drink selections in 2019. RC started rolling out the change early 2019 on selected ships but gained momentum fleetwide before the end of 2019. We were able to get the C&A HH drinks listed on the DL drink menu in the MDR (MTD) on our March 2019 B2B cruise (both legs). 

My understanding too and had HH drinks in every dining venue last year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

My understanding too and had HH drinks in every dining venue last year.

Thanks for helping with my memory. Speaking of memory I forgot to mention that the March 2019 B2B cruise was on the Freedom. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree about 2019. When we did a B2B cruise on the Jewel March 2017 on the first leg we were allowed to order the C&A HH drinks in the MDR (MTD) but not on the second leg. Same table for both legs but different wait staff and head waiter. When we were told no (ok no biggie), I took both of our Sea Pass cards to the nearest bar and got our drinks and returned to the MDR. 

It was prior to 2019 that drinks were available in the MDR in our experience.  I didn't bother listing cruises prior to that.  I know on the Radiance we were able to get drinks in the MDR on our Alaska sailing.  Other sailings we didn't go to the MDR as we only ate in Coastal Kitchen on those ships, so not sure what was going on in the MDR.

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We had no issues getting our diamond drinks in the MDR for any of our sailing in all of 2019 (Anthem, Harmony, Serenade, Anthem, Mariner).  What class wasn't allowing it?  

That only works for MTD before HH ends or early dining.  Late dining starts when HH ends so we usually carry a drink in with us.

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So many put so much into 3 drinks and unlimited drinks. Why not just buy the drink package and not fret about it?  Lounges would never be crowded. 😇

It’s humorous. DP is valid most everywhere on the ship. 

M8

DP are over priced.  We utilize the DL or the coupons and during the day we order a drink if we feel like it, but we'd never, ever drink enough to make it worthwhile.  Ordering what we want, including water and coffee (specialty) never ever comes close to what the DP costs.  Even adding in the cost of what a couple of HH drinks cost don't.

Edited by BND
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, BND said:

DP are over priced.  We utilize the DL or the coupons and during the day we order a drink if we feel like it, but we'd never, ever drink enough to make it worthwhile.  Ordering what we want, including water and coffee (specialty) never ever comes close to what the DP costs.  Even adding in the cost of what a couple of HH drinks cost don't.

How much would you drink if you didn’t get 3 drinks or unlimited in Lounge?  Would it affect your cruise?  I don’t think we ever get our moneys worth nor are we trying. It’s the convenience. Wouldn’t your cruise be so much better if you didn’t have to worry about it?

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So many put so much into 3 drinks and unlimited drinks. Why not just buy the drink package and not fret about it?  Lounges would never be crowded. 😇

M8

Not worth getting more than a refreshment package for us as we don't drink much.  My DH might use his 3 drinks on his card a couple of times a cruise and I only do if I use one of mine for him.  We don't use the coffee machine in the lounge as we don't like the coffee it makes, we prefer better, specialty coffee, thus, the refreshment package.  We will visit one of the lounges if we know some people on the cruise, but otherwise, we just go do our own thing.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How much would you drink if you didn’t get 3 drinks or unlimited in Lounge?  Would it affect your cruise?  I don’t think we ever get our moneys worth nor are we trying. It’s the convenience. Wouldn’t your cruise be so much better if you didn’t have to worry about it?

M8

First, I rarely drink more than 2 during HH.  Without it, we would just purchase individual.  My point was the DP is not worth it for most people, with or without the HH.  We can easily afford it, but it makes no economic sense.  I just buy what I want when I want.

Edited by BND
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

If I was a connoisseur of fine wine and Vodka like yourself I would purchase a DP.

Instead I very rarely except on holiday drink alcohol and usually not before 6pm so 3 glasses of sparkling wine or Pinot grigio during HH in either DL/CL,Chops Grill, Giovanni's or a bar is sufficient.

If we wanted any drink outside HH we would just buy it.

Graham

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:
1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

If I was a connoisseur of fine wine and Vodka like yourself

That’s just not true. A bottle of $30 1858 is good for us. Vodka, that NA is nothing but rot gut.   If you drink it, it’s only about the buzz and not the drink. 

M8

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That’s just not true. A bottle of $30 1858 is good for us. Vodka, that NA is nothing but rot gut.   If you drink it, it’s only about the buzz and not the drink. 

M8

Yes, yes it is😇🍻

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

So you cruise RCI for free drinks?

Goodness me, I tried so hard not to comment but here we are 😁

I absolutely cruise on Royal for the free drinks (plus the other great perks like balcony discounts and free laundry).

In the same way I fly a particular airline because they allow me access to their lounge and associated worldwide lounges. Of course, I have tried out other cruise and air lines 😁, however I like value because it means I can travel longer and further.

I was able to sail with Royal 9 times last year because it is such value, and I don’t mean to be facetious or offensive - @Milwaukee Eight how many times did you sail last year? I particularly ask you because you seem to provide your opinion a lot on loyalty perks and other people’s holiday choices.

(and to answer any queries or respond to narky comments - yes I work full time, yes I took 5 months holiday overseas and yes most was land-based exploring other countries)

• Like 5

It’s the convenience. Wouldn’t your cruise be so much better if you didn’t have to worry about it?

For many people the cruise is so much better if they can afford it. Not everyone has unlimited money and cares to spend $1000 a week for two drink packages. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

I never drink spirits.

My drink choice is a brown hoppy beer like Old Speckled Hen which P&O stock.

When I buy wine in the bar or restaurant on board it would be a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc but a sparkling wine or Pinot Grigio on the HH list is fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

I absolutely cruise on Royal for the free drinks (plus the other great perks like balcony discounts and free laundry).

In the same way I fly a particular airline because they allow me access to their lounge and associated worldwide lounges. Of course, I have tried out other cruise and air lines 😁, however I like value because it means I can travel longer and further.

I was able to sail with Royal 9 times last year because it is such value, and I don’t mean to be facetious or offensive - @Milwaukee Eight how many times did you sail last year? I particularly ask you because you seem to provide your opinion a lot on loyalty perks and other people’s holiday choices.

(and to answer any queries or respond to narky comments - yes I work full time, yes I took 5 months holiday overseas and yes most was land-based exploring other countries)

I love traveling too be it hotels or cruising and love to hear other people doing the same and enjoying life.

I think it's fantastic how many times you are able to go on holiday.

Graham.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

September/October 2017. Harmony Presidents Cruise. Last time on Royal. 

Thanks for your honesty. Would you continue to sail with Royal if there is no DL/CL?  Would you sail with Royal if they limited free drinks to 3? Without free drinks?  What time do you get to the Lounge and how long do you stay?

Thanks

M8

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I love traveling too be it hotels or cruising and love to hear other people doing the same and enjoying life.

I think it's fantastic how many times you are able to go on holiday.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, we are very lucky in Australia with our holiday leave allocations.

I am very much missing travel at the moment, as we all are 🙂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Missusdubbya said:

Thanks Graham, we are very lucky in Australia with our holiday leave allocations.

I am very much missing travel at the moment, as we all are 🙂

How do you get anything done if you are off almost half a year 😱