Diamond Club Theory when we return

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Will more (+) signs suffice or must is be a precious metal or jewel?🤔

How do the names "Wurtzite Boron Nitride" and "Graphene" sound? Both are materials harder than a diamond.

Might be a little hard to pronounce.  Maybe members can be called Wurtsies and Graphites?

PS - I had to google this. I don't naturally know these facts.

Edited by HBE4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

You really think anyone on this board has come up with something new?  You should read Facebook

I literally started this thread with new options! And the idea was actually to get new options - Which you haven't provided 😅

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Makes hanging out on a Covid thread seem more and more enticing.

Unfornatley, the Covid threads get deleted pretty quickly these days.

Now I won't be getting my daily update on NYC Crime stat's anymore. 😄

Back on topic. Keep the DL.  It helps lessen crowding in other bars during HH.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, yogimax said:

It's not about feeling better.

It's also not about ego, if that's what you imply.  Even if I reached Pinnacle (now pretty unlikely) I would never wear one of those gold pins.  Besides, who wants to be stopped by passengers asking "Where's the nearest bathroom?"

It's about basic fairness.

What is not fair?  The category is called D+.   Anyone that falls within the point structure is a diamond plus. That seems fair. 

Everyone who is diamond plus gets some specific benefits, and now some that have even more points in the same category get even more benefits. That seems better than fair to me!  

Perhaps it would be better to have all diamond plus receive the same benefits, and no extra benefits for those at 340 or 525 points. Everyone  who is a diamond plus member would be treated the same.    That is really what is fair! 

Be careful what you wish for. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I literally started this thread with new options! And the idea was actually to get new options - Which you haven't provided 😅

I’ve got an option. On the theory that it’s better to give than receive, a new benefit is that you get to pick some looser in steerage class and give them three free drinks. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

I’ve got an option. On the theory that it’s better to give than receive, a new benefit is that you get to pick some looser in steerage class and give them three free drinks. 

What is the “steerage class?”

E3905305-9742-4E72-9BC1-9B357459AC77.jpeg.74526dd2705325c16ee665040425eb72.jpeg

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

What is the “steerage class?”

E3905305-9742-4E72-9BC1-9B357459AC77.jpeg.74526dd2705325c16ee665040425eb72.jpeg

From Wiki:

"Steerage is the lower deck of a ship, where the cargo is stored above the closed hold. In the late 19th and early 20th century, steamship steerage decks were used to provide the lowest cost and lowest class of travel, often for European and Chinese immigrants to North America. With limited privacy and security, inadequate sanitary conditions, and poor food, steerage was often decried as inhumane, and was eventually replaced on ocean liners with third-class cabins."

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

From Wiki:

"Steerage is the lower deck of a ship, where the cargo is stored above the closed hold. In the late 19th and early 20th century, steamship steerage decks were used to provide the lowest cost and lowest class of travel, often for European and Chinese immigrants to North America. With limited privacy and security, inadequate sanitary conditions, and poor food, steerage was often decried as inhumane, and was eventually replaced on ocean liners with third-class cabins."

Thanks.  Was not familiar with the term. Learn something new every day.

Well fair is fair with the new point system, there's no more overcrowding in the DL/CL/SL lounges going forward.  Problem solved! 🤪

• Coal: 3-29 cruise points.
  • Lead: 30-54 cruise points.
  • Copper: 55-79 cruise points.
  • Zinc: 80-174 cruise points.
  • Gold: 175-699 cruise points.
  • Platinum: 700+ cruise points.
  • Diamond: 1000+ cruise points.
  • Diamond Plus: 2000+ cruise points.
  • Pinnacle: 100000+ cruise points. 
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Well fair is fair with the new point system, there's no more overcrowding in the DL/CL/SL lounges going forward.  Problem solved! 🤪

That would work. Great idea and no worry about social distancing. 😇

32 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

With this point system, not even super Mario would be Pinnacle.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Its a good start, but some of the names need work. There should be things like Tanzanite and other gems that inly exist in the cruise ecosystem. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Many (many) years ago...

Walking around the ship, we saw a sign saying something like "Special Event" at a door.

I could smell the wonderful smell of garlic...love garlic...and decided to walk in just to see what was being served.  A formally dressed crew member said: "Sir, you are not allowed in here".  I said: "Oops, sorry" and walked out.  I told my beautiful wife: "Must be a wedding".

The next day, I see the same "Special Event" sign and could smell the garlic.  I thought "Gosh, there's another couple getting married onboard".  I decided to walk in just to see what was being served.😁

The same formally dressed crew member saw me again and sternly said: "Sir, you are not allowed in here."

I apologized, turned around and started walking out the door.  The crew member said: "Sir, may I see your seapass card."  Guilty and a bit worried, I handed her my seapass card.

She looks at it and said: "Oh! Mr. Smith, you are Diamond!...welcome to our Special Event".

* Back in the day, we had no idea what a Diamond member was...there were very few members and no one talked about it....and many thanks to Cruise Critic, we've learned.

Fast forward to today: Our guess, post pandemic...the Diamond lounge will be closed.  An outdoor area will be reserved for Diamonds during HH....hopefully away from the smoking area.😷

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Its a good start, but some of the names need work. There should be things like Tanzanite and other gems that inly exist in the cruise ecosystem. 

Looks like someone has been hitting Diamonds International, Tanzanite International and the ship's jewelry stores. LOL 

Okay -- translated for the Caribbean -- Europe, Asia, Australia etc., etc. will have their own point system:

• Fossil: 3-29 cruise points.
  • Volcanic Rock: 30-54 cruise points.
  • Bauxite: 55-79 cruise points.
  • Calcite: 80-174 cruise points.
  • Larimar: 175-699 cruise points.
  • Chrysoberyl: 700+ cruise points.
  • Tanzanite: 1000+ cruise points.
  • Alexandrite: 2000+ cruise points.
  • Trapiche Emerald: 100000+ cruise points. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

With this new point system we must be getting a lot of points but the question remains - how many points you will be able to actually use? Cause sometimes I have say 5000 points on my fuel card but I can only use a maximum of 2500 and if I purchase at least something that costs 150$ or more. I cant navigate at this at all. I would rather see them as virtual $ 

11 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

With this new point system we must be getting a lot of points but the question remains - how many points you will be able to actually use? Cause sometimes I have say 5000 points on my fuel card but I can only use a maximum of 2500 and if I purchase at least something that costs 150$ or more. I cant navigate at this at all. I would rather see them as virtual $ 

I'm sure they will let us pull all our points together and fill the ship up with 250 tons of fuel per day. In exchange they will load our Sea Pass card with 3 bottles of water per day.  Fair deal. 

To get back to the original topic,I told my husband when they started doing the 3 drinks on the card that I thought it was the beginning of the end of the diamond lounge.  They are trying to get us used to getting our drinks outside the lounge so that they can take the lounges away. Removing diamond plus out of the suite/ concierge lounges was the next step, so they go to the diamond lounge. Allowing the frozen drinks for two "punches" was a way to ease us in by getting some different (better) drinks. If covid hadn't happened, I think Diamond plus and up would be the only cruisers allowed in the diamond lounge by now.  I think they may postpone any changes at this point to keep people sailing because taking away the lounge access would anger too many people.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Here are facts... Folks can qualify for Diamond with 75 points (pretty easy)

They receive the benefit of the D Lounge

Folks can qualify for Diamond Plus with 175 points (a little harder)

Folks can qualify for an extra bottle of wine and a few other benefits with 340 points (not so easy)

Folks can qualify for an additional bottle of wine at 525 points (pretty hard)

Folks can qualify for nothing more with 699 points (Very hard)

Other than a few small extras, those with 75 points have the exact same lounge benefit as those with 699 points.  What amazes me here is some of you want to take the lounge away altogether.  (some who haven't sailed in years or aren't even D+).  As Grapau said, why give them any ideas?

Some CL's still allow the D+

3 hours ago, compman9 said:

I'm happy with the status quo, just waiting to sail and watch the complaints start.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zekekelso said:

That seems as likely as a fully stocked mini bar or 5 free drinks all day. 

Actually surprised no one has demanded/suggested the free drinks be cumulative 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Our guess, post pandemic...the Diamond lounge will be closed.  An outdoor area will be reserved for Diamonds during HH....hopefully away from the smoking area.

That's the first good idea I've read here, thanks

• Like 1