Diamond Club Theory when we return

4 hours ago, compman9 said:

I literally started this thread with new options! And the idea was actually to get new options - Which you haven't provided 😅

LOL.  You can ask for as many opinions as you want, but Royal is going to do what they want to do.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another option is to keep the lounge open, a nice place to get morning coffee, or nearly empty and a quiet place to sit during the day. 

Then they can suspend evening beverage and appetizers. Folks can’t use their vouchers anywhere around the ship.

This would allow those who enjoy the lounge in the morning to have the opportunity to use it, as it is almost empty.  The concierge can  have morning hours to assist those who need service.   Then, as evening comes, no worries about crowds as people will disperse around the ship for evening (three) complementary beverages. Of course the lounge can still remain open, and those who have access can still sit and enjoy the company of others.

who knows?  

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

That seems as likely as a fully stocked mini bar or 5 free drinks all day. 

Actually surprised no one has demanded/suggested the free drinks be cumulative 

The idea of the complementary drinks was to have a cocktail hour. That is when most people say they enjoyed a dedicated place to meet others. 

I would never imagine someone who is a diamond and above member to expect practically the equivalent of a drink package, five drinks a day.  

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The idea of the complementary drinks was to have a cocktail hour. That is when most people say they enjoyed a dedicated place to meet others. 

I would never imagine someone who is a diamond and above member to expect practically the equivalent of a drink package, five drinks a day.  

m

Why not? I am fairly sure that many people drink 5 drinks a day even if they only use the HH in the DL and 3 Coupons. 

I thought the thread was about reducing the amount of people in the DL? If you really think about it, the HH is more than a DP. JMHO!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Oxo said:

If you really think about it, the HH is more than a DP. JMHO!

Indeed!

There are the appetizers.   Then there are the friendships made.  Many of us simply don't like to hang out in bars.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Indeed!

There are the appetizers.   Then there are the friendships made.  Many of us simply don't like to hang out in bars.  

In my experience, from 4:30 on, the DL is most definitely a bar.

I've also stopped in around 9pm, and it's empty.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Why not? I am fairly sure that many people drink 5 drinks a day even if they only use the HH in the DL and 3 Coupons. 

I thought the thread was about reducing the amount of people in the DL? If you really think about it, the HH is more than a DP. JMHO!

Reduce the amount of people in the DL by requiring we use our vouchers in there as well.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2020 at 7:49 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

3 drinks, 5 drinks, unlimited drinks??  What is ever enough?

Royal has a LOT of profit in alcohol. If they don’t get it from alcohol, they’ll find another way to get it. 

Just how many drinks and one pound down during the HH??  Would you go to the Diamond Club if they didn’t serve alcohol?

M8

Not us. Not only is it crowded, the top tier liquor is also restricted. So we buy the packages and only occasionally do we visit the DL. Now when we get a suite, we'll visit the CL a little more often. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Indeed!

Our favorite spot is The trellis bar on an oasis class ship. Very elegant, lovely place to people watch, nice to be outside, and a lovely place to hang out and make friendships

m

On 7/10/2020 at 8:25 AM, compman9 said:

With all the talk about social bubbles, segregating age groups, big gaps between pool beds, and smaller gatherings . . .

I would not be surprised to see the nightly drinks replaced by stocked cabin fridges 

There is no way they will want hundreds of people in all of the bars with vouchers for the same three hours, and I can see no way they will have hundreds stuffed in what are now, almost exclusively, packed Diamond Lounges

Or an excuse for elimination of diamond lounge and benefits. Cost cutting will be here to stay.

As we can see, everyone has their own ideas. That is why Cruise Lines and other sources decide on what they will do to accommodate their own desires.

Final Result of this Thread.

Let RCI do what they want then we can always come back to this thread and say, OMG why didn't we all agree on .....

LOL

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Oxo said:

As we can see, everyone has their own ideas. That is why Cruise Lines and other sources decide on what they will do to accommodate their own desires.

Final Result of this Thread.

Let RCI do what they want then we can always come back to this thread and say, OMG why didn't we all agree on .....

LOL

How do you figure this is the final result?

Are you Bob's replacement?

Lord help us

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

How do you figure this is the final result?

Are you Bob's replacement?

Lord help us

I was joking.

Who is Bob?

Yes,  Lord help us all! The truest statement made with the current conditions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

"BOB" How can anyone forget Bob one of the best/helpful poster's & moderator's this board has had.

Moderator Clarea (cc name).  He (Bob) has over 156,000 posts.  Have not seen any of his posts the past 4/5 months.  Hope he is OK. 

1 minute ago, Dennis#1 said:

Moderator Clarea (cc name).  He (Bob) has over 156,000 posts.  Have not seen any of his posts the past 4/5 months.  Hope he is OK. 

I believe he retired...sure someone will remember the specifics. Many were sad to see him go....he was a wealth of information and a great Mod !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1