Diamond Club Theory when we return

15 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

September/October 2017. Harmony Presidents Cruise. Last time on Royal. 

Thanks for your honesty. Would you continue to sail with Royal if there is no DL/CL?  Would you sail with Royal if they limited free drinks to 3? Without free drinks?  What time do you get to the Lounge and how long do you stay?

Thanks

M8

I am happy to be honest - ask me anything! 

I sailed on Royal before I had access to lounges so possibly yes 😀 - although would need to recalculate value after removal of any loyalty offerings (just as with airlines).

It may mean other lines might comparatively improve in value (although balcony discount etc makes a difference too).

I like breakfast in some lounges and of course I enjoy happy hour - access duration varies due to port time, other activities, balcony time etc. I do like to use my 3 drinks at bars/for balcony drinks to watch the sun go down if possible, especially if we have an aft balcony.

My husband and I don't open up and close down happy hour every single night 😀, however we do love to make friends with everyone and we love to party so some cruises we are in there a lot if it is fun. Other cruises it can be a bit quiet so mileage varies. We still buy a few drinks outside happy hour 😀

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CSHS1979 said:

How do you get anything done if you are off almost half a year 😱

Not every year 😀 and so glad we were able to that trip last year, it is so sad to read about everyone's ruined travel plans this year.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So many put so much into 3 drinks and unlimited drinks. Why not just buy the drink package and not fret about it?  Lounges would never be crowded. 😇

It’s humorous. DP is valid most everywhere on the ship. 

M8

Blah, blah, blah!! Why don't you stop worrying or concerning yourself with what others do or don't do concerning the C&A HH drinks. We enjoy the C&A HH in the DL for a couple of pre dinner drinks and also that we can get the additional C&A HH drinks in the MDR, bars. Hell, we paid for them. Maybe some of us also purchase the DP. Just find no reason to constantly brag about it. Do you get a commission on every DP purchased.  If you're not big on the DL or the C&A HH drinks or reading about them, great, move on. You won't be missed. There's another way to reduce the DL/CL or SL from being crowded. What's more humorous is your relentless whining about it.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Blah, blah, blah!! Why don't you stop worrying or concerning yourself with what others do or don't do concerning the C&A HH drinks. We enjoy the C&A HH in the DL for a couple of pre dinner drinks and also that we can get the additional C&A HH drinks in the MDR, bars. Hell, we paid for them. Maybe some of us also purchase the DP. Just find no reason to constantly brag about it. Do you get a commission on every DP purchased.  If you're not big on the DL or the C&A HH drinks or reading about them, great, move on. You won't be missed. There's another way to reduce the DL/CL or SL from being crowded. What's more humorous is your relentless whining about it.

How would you reduce crowds, I may have missed that?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Bringing this back on topic......the thread has been all about liquor and drinks. What about hors d'ouevres? I don't see them offering them when cruising starts again unless they are possibly passed by a server

We cruised on Oasis after they brought the previous cruise in early in order to deep sanitize it because of Norovirus.  There were servers to serve you DL appetizers for the first 4 days (Noro incubation period)  

5 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

We cruised on Oasis after they brought the previous cruise in early in order to deep sanitize it because of Norovirus.  There were servers to serve you DL appetizers for the first 4 days (Noro incubation period)  

Celebrity never had a HH buffet/apps.  They had servers with trays of apps wandering around the event.  🍷

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

How would you reduce crowds, I may have missed that?

Why not just allow 5 drinks per day on your card that can be used anytime during the day for those selected drinks. 

No need for a DL, DL+ or Suite lounge. There are plenty of locations on a ship to find a quiet place to sit and relax. Food is plentiful on the ship, too.

Here is my take on Drink Package.  We don't drink more than 7 drinks each per day . Yes, people drink more so it may be worth the DP for them. I am basing this on my experiences and desires. 

RCI drink pkg at $89/day x 7 day cruise = $623 + Gty 15% $93.45 = $716.45.

Cruise we took on Symphony OTS

2 Passengers 1 cabin 2J central park balcony $2,075 - $200 OBC = $1,875

DP $716 x 2 =                            $1,432

7 day cruise for 2 compare to

7 day DP for 2 difference...........$443

Bottom line: I paid $443 more for a cabin on a 7 day cruise and get DL free drinks + 3 on Sea Pass.

I didn't buy the DP but took a 7 day cruise for $443.

OMG, I did drink garbage in the DL. However,  I did live to cruise another cruise. 

Your money,  your choice! 

11 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Why not just allow 5 drinks per day on your card that can be used anytime during the day for those selected drinks. 

No need for a DL, DL+ or Suite lounge. There are plenty of locations on a ship to find a quiet place to sit and relax. Food is plentiful on the ship, too.

Seems easier for Royal to just keep the 3 drinks we are used to. What would drive them to increase it? Weren't they in the process of banning D+ from the CL when this all started. 

Easy path is close the lounges and blame it on Covid. Empress gave suite guests 3 vouchers oer night since it didn't have a CL. So that would take care of their perk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Seems easier for Royal to just keep the 3 drinks we are used to. What would drive them to increase it? Weren't they in the process of banning D+ from the CL when this all started. 

Easy path is close the lounges and blame it on Covid. Empress gave suite guests 3 vouchers oer night since it didn't have a CL. So that would take care of their perk

Why as customers should we give RCL ideas and make it easy for them to dilute or delete our benefits we have stayed loyal to achieve?

The next thing we will hear is

'By Customer Demand'

we have got rid of this benefit/perk etc.

Royal will not tell their suppliers they want less benefits for their business so why should we?.

Graham.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Oxo said:

Here is my take on Drink Package.  We don't drink more than 7 drinks each per day . Yes, people drink more so it may be worth the DP for them. I am basing this on my experiences and desires. 

RCI drink pkg at $89/day x 7 day cruise = $623 + Gty 15% $93.45 = $716.45.

Cruise we took on Symphony OTS

2 Passengers 1 cabin 2J central park balcony $2,075 - $200 OBC = $1,875

DP $716 x 2 =                            $1,432

7 day cruise for 2 compare to

7 day DP for 2 difference...........$443

Bottom line: I paid $443 more for a cabin on a 7 day cruise and get DL free drinks + 3 on Sea Pass.

I didn't buy the DP but took a 7 day cruise for $443.

OMG, I did drink garbage in the DL. However,  I did live to cruise another cruise. 

Your money,  your choice! 

I believe you said you were D+?  Doesn’t D+ get 30% discount onboard for DP?  That would change your results a bit. 

M8

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Why as customers should we give RCL ideas and make it easy for them to dilute or delete our benefits we have stayed loyal to achieve?

'By Customer Demand'

Royal will not tell their suppliers they want less benefits for their business so why should we?.

Graham.

People complain constantly about crowding in lounges, getting kicked out of CL. They added 3 drinks to SeaPass during HH but that didn’t help. That wasn’t something taken away. It was something extra. But that’s still not good enough. D+ 525 want access to SL. It never ends. People spend more time worrying about their free drinks and where to enjoy them. It’s humorous to some. 😇

Too funny

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

People complain constantly about crowding in lounges, getting kicked out of CL. They added 3 drinks to SeaPass during HH but that didn’t help. That wasn’t something taken away. It was something extra. But that’s still not good enough. D+ 525 want access to SL. It never ends. People spend more time worrying about their free drinks and where to enjoy them. It’s humorous to some. 😇

Too funny

What is D+ 525?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

'By Customer Demand'

Graham.

You really think anyone on this board has come up with something new?  You should read Facebook

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is D+ 525?

D+ starts at 180 and there is a big gap to Pinnacle at 700.  
However, there are 2 levels within D+ where you get extra perks/amenities. This is at 340 and 525.  Some want these to be named as new tiers in their own right. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

D+ starts at 180 and there is a big gap to Pinnacle at 700.  
However, there are 2 levels within D+ where you get extra perks/amenities. This is at 340 and 525.  Some want these to be named as new tiers in their own right. 

Will more (+) signs suffice or must is be a precious metal or jewel?🤔

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm happy with our D+ benefits.

We’re never going to make Pinnacle and not bothered about it maybe would have made to the promised land but enjoy other cruise lines also but are also more than happy with our Diamond Plus benefits.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What is D+ 525?

Someone thought D+ who reached 525 should have similar perks as Pinnacles including access to SL. Don’t remember if in this thread or another. Upgraded wine options too. Diamond list just not good enough. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Someone thought D+ who reached 525 should have similar perks as Pinnacles including access to SL. Don’t remember if in this thread or another. Upgraded wine options too. Diamond list just not good enough. 

M8

Makes hanging out on a Covid thread seem more and more enticing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Someone thought D+ who reached 525 should have similar perks as Pinnacles including access to SL. Don’t remember if in this thread or another. 

Here are facts... Folks can qualify for Diamond with 75 points (pretty easy)

They receive the benefit of the D Lounge

Folks can qualify for Diamond Plus with 175 points (a little harder)

Folks can qualify for an extra bottle of wine and a few other benefits with 340 points (not so easy)

Folks can qualify for an additional bottle of wine at 525 points (pretty hard)

Folks can qualify for nothing more with 699 points (Very hard)

Other than a few small extras, those with 75 points have the exact same lounge benefit as those with 699 points.  What amazes me here is some of you want to take the lounge away altogether.  (some who haven't sailed in years or aren't even D+).  As Grapau said, why give them any ideas?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Here are facts... Folks can qualify for Diamond with 75 points (pretty easy)

Folks can qualify for Diamond Plus with 175 points (a little harder)

Folks can qualify for an extra bottle of wine and a few other benefits with 340 points (not so easy)

Folks can qualify for an additional bottle of wine at 525 points (pretty hard)

Folks can qualify for nothing more with 699 points (Very hard)

Other than a few small extras, those with 75 points have the exact same lounge benefit as those with 699 points.  What amazes me here is some of you want to take the lounge away altogether.  (some who haven't sailed in years or aren't even D+).  As Grapau said, why give them any ideas?

Fact number one, Diamond is 80 points.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Will more (+) signs suffice or must is be a precious metal or jewel?🤔

The extra ++++ don’t make any difference.

The category is D+. Yes, at some additional point levels there are some additional perks thrown in (An extra amenity choice, a meal with Officer)  but the category is called D+ and not anything else. 

There is no such thing as D ++  or D +++ or whatever.  I have been told more than once, that the large gap from D+ to Pinnacle was  intentional to reward those with extreme loyalty that make it to pinnacle. 

I feel sorry for someone who has to make up a fake elevated status in  a company loyalty program  to make themselves feel better. 

m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I feel sorry for someone who has to make up a fake elevated status in  a company loyalty program  to make themselves feel better. 

It's not about feeling better.

It's also not about ego, if that's what you imply.  Even if I reached Pinnacle (now pretty unlikely) I would never wear one of those gold pins.  Besides, who wants to be stopped by passengers asking "Where's the nearest bathroom?"

It's about basic fairness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1